Other Games 
 Tron World Explorer App?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
rockguy32.user
User

Tron World Explorer App?

on Monday, November, 22, 2010 6:01 PM
So earlier today, I was playing Armagetron after having played the Light Cycle world exploration thing on the Tron: Legacy website and it got me thinking...a Tron-world style explorer program that lets you access your PC in a 3D environment built off from your system tree. Imagine, exploring your computer like the world in Tron. Accessing programs by talking to them. (Like in Tron 2.0, hit the use key on them to talk to them except it would launch the program) Drive light cycles from place to place. Walk through an ethernet cable to access the internet. Then I thought, "somebody had to have already done this" and nope. Not only had nobody accomplished it, but there aren't too many Tron fan games there. Most are just Light Cycle clones and I have yet to see one who gets it 100% right compared to the movie. (Although Armagetron comes close in its movie pack)

The problem is, I don't know the first thing about getting a Tron look in a game. (Most of my attempts fail.) And, I have no way of dynamically calling the Tree function into my program. Also, I would love to have all aspects of Tron available and usable. Tanks, Recognizers, Discs, Light Cycles, Solar Sailors, etc would be necessary to make it really work. On my own, that would be a daunting task.

So here's what I'm hoping for: a group project by the fan community to make this work.

I need:
  • Help with the tree function. (I could call it with a batch file initially and dump it to a text file that it reads...might work...somehow...)
    Help with graphics (I'm absolutely terrible at modeling & texturing)
    Help with game rules (Making sure it's 100% accurate to the movie)
    A server (for online connectivity)

So if I get sufficient help/support (moral support is 75% of what I need to get things finished) then I hope we can make this a reality.

Programing languages I can use well:
  • Blitz 3D
    Visual Basic

Languages I'm learning:
  • Unity's Java
    C++

So what do you guys think?

BTW, I did a Space Paranoids game way before I was aware there was an official game as one of my first programming projects. It's available at http://www.tronzone.webs.com/where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Jeric Hikari
User

RE: Tron World Explorer App?

on Friday, December, 17, 2010 10:14 AM
Probably would be better to simply have it create a world based off your PC's structure rather than have it as a file manager. That way you could hang a game and plot and such off of it (or leave the option there for someone down the road) that won't end up nuking windows.

Plus this would be an INSANELY hard project to do.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

DevRevenge
User

on Saturday, February, 05, 2011 10:32 AM
You know, if you kept it to just 2 or 3 threads I bet a LOT more people would fall for it.

Fucking dumbass.

Kinzic
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2011 7:21 AM
Sounds like a nice idea. Go for it. I wish I knew more about programming to help.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Sunday, February, 13, 2011 10:36 PM
Who's swingin the ugly stick around?

'>

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2011 2:28 AM
Me neither, that's why I was asking.

This place has been getting really weird lately.

'>

VorMaeN
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 12:46 PM
DevRevenge Wrote:You know, if you kept it to just 2 or 3 threads I bet a LOT more people would fall for it.

Fucking dumbass.

Go take your hillbilly ass somewhere else, the person had a neat idea and wanted to get everyone's attention. If you're not the Mod then stop playing one, man-tool.

overRIDE
User

on Friday, February, 25, 2011 7:14 PM
This is a cool idea, but what you're talking about doing wouldn't be as simple as programming a game. It's called a UI (User Interface) and would take years to program and could only be done on a GNU/Linux OS.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Tron World Explorer App?