Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron Legacy in print: Magazines coming soon!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
jonwes
User

RE: Tron Legacy in print: Magazines coming soon!

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 1:28 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:The Cinefex really goes into how they did the young Bridges rendering for Clu. It's interesting because they said that when they looked at all of Bridges photos from his early films they decided to go with his look from Against All Odds because the ladies in the office decided that was their ideal look of young Jeff Bridges with 5 o'clock shadow. That help explains why I thought Clu looked nothing like Flynn. I've no idea why they didn't just go with Jeff's look from the first Tron film. After all, they are making a sequel to Tron not Against All Odds.

I don't know, it made sense to me for Flynn to have a slightly different look as Clu was created after the events of the first film. In fact, he was created in 1983 according to the official magazine... which is just a year before Against All Odds came out (early 1984)!

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 8:31 PM
This mag has been out for a while

Anyone find one online?

No book stores walking distance from my place.

Any help would be much appreciated.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 8:36 PM
Sark_2.0 Wrote:Has anyone seen else seen the Tron Legacy official magazine on shelves yet besides the few people who mentioned it?

http://titanmagazines.com/news/announcements/titan-launch-tron-legacy-official-movie-magazine/

I've been to several different stores in my area (southeastern Wisconsin) and there's been no sign of it.

Got mine today from Barnes and Noble.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

IsoLine
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 11:50 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:Just picked up 3DArtist magazine at Barnes & Noble. It has a Light Runner on the cover and it shows how they designed and modeled the runner and the Lightcycles with complete coneceptual designs and wireframe models. It was pricey at $15 but I had to get it for the blueprints alone. Some of the best info out there next to Cinefex.

Yeah, saw that one two. I'm still in a hold ing pattern on that one. I'll either get that or the TwentyThree mag.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 5:25 PM
Today I picked up the January issue of Wired U.K. at my local Barnes & Noble. It has a silver metallic foil on the cover and features Beau Garrett as Gem. I also picked up 3D World magazine. It comes with a DVD a tutorial on how to model, build and render a lightcycle just like it was done in the film.

gkarris
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 11:06 PM
Gosh, so many mags.

I just picked up "Esquire" with Jeff Bridges on the cover - great article with TRON as well as a great article on Olivia Wilde...

jonwes
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 11:34 PM
Imagine FX also has a short Tron article. There were quite a few 3D modeling mags with the same.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

recognizerpilot
User

on Tuesday, February, 01, 2011 12:17 AM
Total Film 174 is quite good, bought it particularly for the mousepad! Also bought SFX issue 203 which has Sam leaning into a turn on his light cycle on the cover, also a good article with quotes from Lisberger and Boxleitner among others. It even has a little Q&A with the director of Evolution and a VCD with trailers for both, some downloadable stuff, activities etc. Haven't tried it out yet.

Scored a cheap copy of the Empire from local eBay clone TradeMe which should arrive soon.

Zac in NZ

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Tuesday, February, 01, 2011 12:24 AM
I haven't used a mousepad since 2003 or so. All this talk of mousepads makes me feel awkward :Porder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

recognizerpilot
User

on Tuesday, February, 01, 2011 12:28 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:I haven't used a mousepad since 2003 or so.

Haha neither have I bro! But I saw it and it tipped me over the edge from "oh that looks good but it's pricey" to "must have!"!

Zac in NZ

SWatB.ru
User

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2020 10:47 PM
Can anyone give me an electronic version of the magazine, please?

"Star Wars and the Bible" SWatB.com

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron Legacy in print: Magazines coming soon!