TRON: Evolution 
 Video Game Reviews

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
cirlin
User

RE: Video Game Reviews

on Friday, December, 03, 2010 11:45 AM
I watched some of the youtube video and he was mowing through those bad guys pretty easily. Perhaps this is a second playthrough or something and he's already got a lot of the power-ups.

I enjoyed watching it a bit more than some of the developer previews. In those they are moving through the scenes and environments so quickly it felt like there was never time to stop and smell the roses. I figured I would be able to play at a bit more leasurely pace, and it's nice to see I was right.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, December, 04, 2010 8:43 PM
just played the demo at best buy and i was right. reviewers are dumb asses. "Controls are unresponsive" my arse. i had no problems with the parkour and combat. only an idiot who doesn't know what they are doing would complain about those. u have to actually try to screw up on the parkour and order for it not to work.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

CaptainCR
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 9:47 AM
Tron Unit Wrote:So is it true that light cycles only work with multiplayer and can't be played in single user mode? Need to know because if it doesn't I may have to cancel my pre-order for this.

i don't understand ur question....
but in single player mode light cycles are used as a means of transportation during linear levels. in terms of light cycle battles where u are on the game grid thats in multiplayer but u don't have to fight human players u can battle AI characters(not sure why u wouldn't want human players though)

cirlin
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 10:46 AM
Tron Unit Wrote:So is it true that light cycles only work with multiplayer and can't be played in single user mode? Need to know because if it doesn't I may have to cancel my pre-order for this.

I got the game a bit early and have found out that you can have offline deathmatch style fights as you play through the campaign (accessed from the Upgrade stations), and the manual definitely makes it sound like you can set up player vs AI lightcycle matches. Unfortunately the multiplayer section seems to require signing into the Games for Windows Live thing. I haven't been able to get the sign in to work though so I haven't been able to see that yet (I think it's not working because they haven't activated their servers yet? I'm not sure, I don't do much online stuff and GWL is a terrible service that I've never gotten to work correctly).

All indications are that we should be able to play vs AI lightcycles though.

DevourTheLiving
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 5:41 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:just played the demo at best buy and i was right. reviewers are dumb asses. "Controls are unresponsive" my arse. i had no problems with the parkour and combat. only an idiot who doesn't know what they are doing would complain about those. u have to actually try to screw up on the parkour and order for it not to work.

Thanks to you, I went straight to Best Buy after I read this and found the demo there myself. I'm not sure what they're talking about either. The parkour is fine and the controls are as responsive as they should be.

Tomorrow! Already paid off the CE the other day. Can't wait to play with my Tron controller.

Logic
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 9:10 PM
just checked the video review from IGN.As predicted on Tronfaqs, the game seems to borrow from Prince of Persia and have this parkour thing. Aside from what the commentator is saying the footage shown supports what is being said,the levels are repetitive with limited color schemes with emphasis on platforming. The light cycle segment just seem like empty chase sequences. and the 3D effects for the TVs that can sport aren't even done that well. Apparently the only saving grace is the multiplayer. That being the case I'll put off on the game till lowers in price. I don't mind that its not a great game (this sort of thing is expected from movie tie ins) but I will not throw down 60 dollars for mediocrity.

" the difference between dreams and nightmares are how big your balls are"

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 9:51 PM
Alot of genre specific games have "repetitive levels", that's a very subjective complaint.
Just as complaining about the "limited color pallete", another very subjective point. The color palete is based directly on the visuals of the movie. The color tones and hues are part of the visual design and look in Tron Legacy. IMO it looks great.

It's also just as dumb IMO to criticize the game for that, when alot of FPS's and TPS's have a very limited color palette. With a palette that's shades of greys, dull browns, and dull blue-grey. But you never see that complaint come up in reviews of the Gears of War games...

For varied "color pallete" look to games like Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii ffs...where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Logic
User

on Tuesday, December, 07, 2010 1:41 PM
When I meant color schemes and repetitive design I was talking about how they could have taken the world and used a far more creative approach to the concept. TRON 2.0 had various hues of colors, and a different theme for the levels. The sickening green and chaotic broken down structure of Thorne's corrupted servers, The vastness and advanced city like structure of the purple Fcon server, and my personal favorite the tightness and limited space of Thorne's PDA. This is simply my opinion,I'm not going to spend 60 dollars on generic playthough through bland levels for a measly 8 hours.My personal interest when it comes to gaming is innovation,fun,a good single player experience, and vast replayability.At least when it comes down to putting down 60 dollars on a game. I will get it when the price drops and the dlc content is a bit more meaty. I might be expecting to much. I just figured if they have all this technology and vast knowledgeable access on what people want from a TRON game they would make gaming nirvana for both gamers and TRON fans.So while color schemes and level designs may not be your cup of tea they are to me. Everyone has their preference when it comes to gaming.

" the difference between dreams and nightmares are how big your balls are"

Defender
User

on Tuesday, December, 07, 2010 2:24 PM
Enter Room - Doors Shut - Fight Badguys - Doors Open - Platform Jump - Cinematic - Repeat

They could have done so much more.
Tron 2.0 was better.

Is it some unsaid rule to place in every design document for every movie to game conversion that it must suck? I'm seriously forcing myself to play through for the story. The world is beautiful, the combat is ok, but the gameplay is so stereotypical and contrived that it's disheartening just to play. It's like, lets put in every single console clique that you've been playing for the past 20 years and spatter some story between repetitious, platform-based combat.

CaptainCR
User

on Tuesday, December, 07, 2010 6:50 PM
i don't see why ppl keep whining about the colors. only colors that are slightly repetitive are the circuitry lines on buildings but if u notice not every building, or street, or platform, or environmental object is exactly the same...

and saying this is too much like other games that have come out before is just plain silly. might as well say Tron 2.0 is like every other FPS that's ever come out, only difference is a disc instead of a gun...

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, December, 07, 2010 10:11 PM
I have to say I'm having a blast with this game! I've barely made it through any of the story mode though. i stopped at the first Game Grid entry point, joined Xbox Gold and away I went! I was kicking butt and taking names and at the top of my rank for a while. I have to say the multi-player is a blast. I made it up to Version 10 just playing a little while in multi-player.

The story mode itself I can't comment on, but I really love the look of the game. I don't know how other ares wil look, but I think it's pretty exciting. I can see the constant barrage of fighting perhaps getting a bit repetitive, but I'm enjoying the way you get around (even though it's taking me a bit of time to get the hang of it... and I've played and finished Mirror's Edge.)

Whoever is filling in for Kevin Flynn's voice does a really nice job of impersonating Jeff Bridges. I think this is a blast. Not a video game classic by any stretch, but a lot of fun.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 11:38 AM
I am really looking forward to getting my hands on my PC copy this week. It shipped, and ought to be there today.

However...

I got my copy of Game Informer today and it added to the chorus of negative reviews.

360/PS3 got a 4.5 out of 10

Wii got a 6 and was considered the better of the games but when you read how they put it, that isn't a compliment.

I'm still excited to play, but so far the mainstream is not being kind.

DaveTRON

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, December, 09, 2010 12:08 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:I am really looking forward to getting my hands on my PC copy this week. It shipped, and ought to be there today.

However...

I got my copy of Game Informer today and it added to the chorus of negative reviews.

360/PS3 got a 4.5 out of 10

Wii got a 6 and was considered the better of the games but when you read how they put it, that isn't a compliment.

I'm still excited to play, but so far the mainstream is not being kind.

I have the PC version Dave and personally I love it. I think its because I don't play alot of these style of games so to me, it's not overdone. It's definately not TRON 2.0 but we knew it wasn't going to be anyway.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

TriggerEXE
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 6:37 PM
I don't know if I can trust Gameinformer anymore. Since their pitiful review of the Tron games, it just seems like they are biased against the whole thing. The game is good! I guess since it is geared toward Tron fans in general, those who have played Gears of War and such will think it sucks because its not about running around shooting people.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Tony1
User

on Saturday, December, 11, 2010 1:04 AM
This game got better and better the further I got into it. I haven't done much with the multiplayer, but the single player alone, in my opinion, warrants this game at least a 7/10. I look forward to playing it further on higher levels of difficulty.

Tony1
User

on Saturday, December, 11, 2010 5:43 AM
TriggerEXE Wrote:I don't know if I can trust Gameinformer anymore. Since their pitiful review of the Tron games, it just seems like they are biased against the whole thing. The game is good! I guess since it is geared toward Tron fans in general, those who have played Gears of War and such will think it sucks because its not about running around shooting people.

The game is "Tron Heaven"....It is a thing of sheer beauty. I'm on my second playthrough so I've had more time to smell the roses. I think they outdid themselves in terms of bringing us a world that will match the upcoming movie.

jonwes
User

on Saturday, December, 11, 2010 12:58 PM
I'm loving the different levels. Each one has it's own feel and there are some amazing views. If I had some wishes for another Tron game: the world looks so cool. I'd like to be able to explore it! I want to talk to some of the interesting townspeople! I want to choose from multiple paths on a level! Of course, what I'm describing is more of an action RPG... But I think that sort of a Tron game would be cool.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, December, 11, 2010 1:08 PM
Tony1 Wrote:
TriggerEXE Wrote:I don't know if I can trust Gameinformer anymore. Since their pitiful review of the Tron games, it just seems like they are biased against the whole thing. The game is good! I guess since it is geared toward Tron fans in general, those who have played Gears of War and such will think it sucks because its not about running around shooting people.

The game is "Tron Heaven"....It is a thing of sheer beauty. I'm on my second playthrough so I've had more time to smell the roses. I think they outdid themselves in terms of bringing us a world that will match the upcoming movie.

Where can I find that game TRON Heaven? Link?

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, December, 11, 2010 6:27 PM
... it's not a game, he meant it's like a Tron Heaven, that is-- a heaven with so much Tron on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, December, 11, 2010 7:13 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:... it's not a game, he meant it's like a Tron Heaven, that is-- a heaven with so much Tron

Oh :P

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Video Game Reviews