Anybody else playing on PC?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Defender
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 1:56 PM
PC Gamer here.

It seems this game has been -soley- designed to be played on a console as the controls sometimes need five fingers in uncomfortable places to pull off keyboard maneuvers. I'm having a problem towards the end of the game and I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

If you go to 12:20 in this video you can see the jump I'm having issues with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXj1aMUt6Mw#
[Spoiler Alert]
My guy attempts to grapple, shoots the beam, beam connects, then he just drops into the pit every single time, over and over again. I haven't been able to vault to the other side at all no matter how many times I attempt the jump, nor how many different ways I try to do it. I wish this game wasn't so blatantly linear as the developers have basically spit in the face of non-linearity and said "My way or the highway" as you die a bunch of times in the process of figuring out exactly how they want you to go about it.

If anyone has any info as of how to go about doing this, if they've done it on the pc, or if they've had a problems, let me know. It's extremely frustrating. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Defender
User

RE: Anybody else playing on PC?

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 2:50 PM
Figured it out.

Do -not- climb up the wall while holding shift. Just jump, and -immediately- kick back off the wall. Climbjumping any higher will not connect the grip properly. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

IsoLine
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 3:16 PM
Glad you solved your issue Defender, because I was going to say that I wish I could help but I am playing with a controller on PC.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 2:35 PM
IsoLine Wrote:Glad you solved your issue Defender, because I was going to say that I wish I could help but I am playing with a controller on PC.

How/where can I get a controller for PC? What should I look out for?

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 2:43 PM
psyence53 Wrote:
IsoLine Wrote:Glad you solved your issue Defender, because I was going to say that I wish I could help but I am playing with a controller on PC.

How/where can I get a controller for PC? What should I look out for?

Windows Vista and Windows 7 are compatible with wired Xbox 360 controllers. They are also compatible with wireless Xbox 360 controllers, but for those you need a special receiver peripheral.

Tron Evolution and most other games that use Games for Windows Live will automatically detect an Xbox 360 controller being plugged in, and will change the control icons in-game to those of Xbox 360 controller buttons. Most of these games also support rumble with an Xbox 360 controller, including Tron Evolution.

And you're right, it was definitely designed for consoles, but it's definitely not one of the worst PC ports I've ever seen.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 3:21 PM
Just wanted to chime in that if you get an Wireless XBOX 360 Controller for Windows (Has to say that on the package) then it will have the wireless reciever and software disk in the package. If you accidentally pick up the XBOX 360 controller in the green and white pack, then it will not have a reciever and unless it is a corded versiion it will not work with a PC out of the package.

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 3:36 PM
Oh right, awesome - thank you both! I forgot how consoles have gone USB... Running out of USB ports. OH YEAH, the other thing, One person said I need to be constantly connected to the Internet to play the game, another said gameplay is offline and only multiplayer requires a connection. Which is actually true? I've already ordered the game, but my mobile broadband won't cope with lots of online gaming. And apparently I need to register with my Windows Live Account?

Good news about the controller though, would come in handy for my Avatar game too!

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 3:39 PM
I don't have the PC version, but what I say goes for all versions.

Playing the storyline is offline. Multiplayer is online. You do not have to be connected to the internet to play the story line, but you do have to be connected for multiplayer.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

cirlin
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 3:40 PM
Single player doesn't require a constant connection. You probably need to be connected to get achievements and stuff, but other wise you should be fine.
The multiplayer matches will auto-populate with bots if you aren't online, but only on the 2 disc only maps. The maps with lightcycles and tanks do not get bots unfortunately.

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 3:55 PM
Thank you That has eased my mind. I thought it sounded ridiculous, something that should be stated on the product description - which it wasn't! Whew.

One more thing! (sorry) - can you play lightcycles or other Grid games at any time, single player?

cirlin
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 5:05 PM
cirlin Wrote:The multiplayer matches will auto-populate with bots if you aren't online, but only on the 2 disc only maps. The maps with lightcycles and tanks do not get bots unfortunately.

At the disc upgrade stations in the SP game you can go into disc matches. In the game options you can set them to offline and you'll just play against AI.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

SweatyPyro
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 9:36 PM
Don't forget you can remap the controls to easier to use keys! I have all three mouse buttons used for every attack (RMB Block, MIDDLE BUTTON for Melee).

Just stating something that gets overlooked.

\o/

Sark_2.0
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 4:48 PM
I've been playing the PC version, and I love it. I'm the last third of the storyline right now. Dabbled here and there in multiplayer, but for whatever reason, every match has someone with their mic on that has their speakers at full blast and I can't silence them without losing my sound from my headphones. Frustratingly obnoxious.

I really wish we'd see more DLC content for the PC. Other than the one map pack that's out and the Sam Flynn downloadable player skin, there's nothing new. I don't want to have to buy the Xbox 360 version to get the rest of the content.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 6:09 PM

Sark_2.0 Wrote:
I really wish we'd see more DLC content for the PC. Other than the one map pack that's out and the Sam Flynn downloadable player skin, there's nothing new. I don't want to have to buy the Xbox 360 version to get the rest of the content.
You won't have to. It's just a case of - like always - Microsoft bribing game companies to release DLC on the 360 first. Then after a limited exclusivity period, the same content gets released for the PC and PS3. Microsoft recently did this with the DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, as well.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

IsoLine
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 8:26 PM
Sark_2.0 Wrote:I've been playing the PC version, and I love it. I'm the last third of the storyline right now. Dabbled here and there in multiplayer, but for whatever reason, every match has someone with their mic on that has their speakers at full blast and I can't silence them without losing my sound from my headphones. Frustratingly obnoxious.

I really wish we'd see more DLC content for the PC. Other than the one map pack that's out and the Sam Flynn downloadable player skin, there's nothing new. I don't want to have to buy the Xbox 360 version to get the rest of the content.

Oh my God tell me about it. Nothing against Russians but I find alot of these players that constantly have their mikes on are Russians. Like I want to hear them cursing me out in Russian because I play better than they?

About the new maps, I believe they are coming, its just the XBOX always gets stuff first.

Nar78
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 1:47 PM
LOL... About the mic in multiplayer.. OMG...

The thing about Tron Evolution in multi, it automatically activates your mic while you play. WHY??? I have no idea and yes, its very annoying.
I didn't know my mic was on and I was yelling "damn it!!! @#$$" after every loss, not knowing people we're listening to me. I took notice i was live when i saw the speaker icon go off every time i said something. I was so embarrassed and immediately unplugged my mic.

Frikken windows Live!

And yes, I too had the wonderful experience of hearing someone's mic on with a loud scrambling sound. I wanted to yell "unplug your mic!".

I still feel bad for cursing over the mic not knowing people probably heard me. YIKES!
Since then I kept my silence when gaming. Even with my mic unplugged. lol...

The multi-player games are VERY fun at times. Sometimes I notice one or two fellas having a HUGE advantage over everyone with all his collected power-ups.
But aside from that, very cool experience.

Single player was ok. I'm at chapter 6 or 7 now. I didn't get as frustrated as many other gamers who complained out there about the controls, camera, etc.
I kinda caught on fairly well and for the most part had a good time with my surround sound blasting the game SFX.

This game is a winner and a keeper in my humble opinion. I can see myself playing this over and over for years to come, so long as it continues to get support and updates.
I managed to redeem my code and got the 2 maps and Sam Flynn skin.
I hope the Quorra and Clu skins are made available soon for the PC version.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

psyence53
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 1:18 PM
No money for a controller but I'm using manageable keys... Going great so far, on casual mode to break myself in, but I've been stuck on one manouver for literally 3 hours, MIN. I can't bloody do it *fumes* its casual mode, chapter one, where you have to run, all at ones, across the wall, up, and back the other way to get onto a platform. I can't even manage that, so I've been climbing really high up the wall trying to jump back onto the platform, but I just drop straight back down. I'm beyond infuriated.

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 6:54 AM
It's ok - I did it! After 6 hours (I'm also ill... Poor excuse) though not the way I was supposed to... No idea what I was doing wrong, but stress over. I'm loving the game so far. I love tron city, and seeing lots of programs around... order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

SweatyPyro
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 11:03 AM
I sure hope you get the hang of it for the next stages of the game. O.o

...But I think you will. I had the same problem doing those actions early on in the game, albeit not taking 6 hours to get it....more like 15 minutes. :P

\o/

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 1:51 PM
I'm not much of a gamer, least of all PC gaming. Only ever dabbled in The Sims (which doesn't count) and Avatar, which was more of an active exploration than a game (but very good). So really it's nice to have a challenge, but I am much more used to controllers. I've played Mega Drive, Master System, Playstation, Dreamcast, PS3.... feels much more natural. I think i will get to grips with it better when my cold has gone, and when I can afford a controller. But that 6 hour thing was such an epic fail, I think i'm actually proud of it xDabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution