Collector 
 Hot Toys Tron figures.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Glitch
User

RE: Hot Toys Tron figures.

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 8:17 AM
The spinning motor does look nice, but if I was shelling out up to £200 for a display model Light Cycle I'd want it to look the part, those LEDs in the wheels suck, the (relatively cheap in comparison) pullback Light Cycle has better lighting! and even then I don't think it has enough LEDs inside.

Websteria
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 12:06 PM
I just preordered this because I couldn't bear to think that there's a MOVIE PERFECT REPRESENTATION OF THE LIGHT CYCLE that I didn't have to look at. I know those developed already are pretty cool, but I'm a huge fan of the original and the sequel, and I have an original Tron light cycle (Yellow of course for Flynn) tattoo'd on my right arm. I was a little shaky about the price, but I couldn't help it. It's about as close as I'll ever get to this. Now if they'll just do a replica of Kevin's Cycle. ;-)

flamanar
User

on Monday, January, 31, 2011 3:45 PM
JediTray Wrote:Well, maybe if you can't sell her on it, you can sell HER! J/K.

Haha! Now there's an idea! LOL

On the bright side, that site you listed does allow monthly payments. That might prove to be a plus for me when I spring it on 'the boss'. LOLabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

GGemini
User

on Tuesday, April, 19, 2011 4:16 AM
Went to Hong Kong this past weekend and I saw the prototypes of the Tron figures.. here are some pics:

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

tomstroncollectible
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 6:52 PM
These are nice looking items. However, charging $150 US for a Kevin Flynn figure and $300 US for a Sam Flynn Lightcycle is just ridiculous.

"Evolution is the greatest force in the material world. Evolution will provide us the next step in intelligent life but it will come from somewhere unexpected." -- Kevin Flynn

tomstroncollectible
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 9:53 PM
User897 Wrote:I guess you don't have any Hot Toys stuff then. If you did, you'd understand the prices.

You would be correct, I don't. And at those ludicrious prices, I won't have any either because I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars for something like that.

"Evolution is the greatest force in the material world. Evolution will provide us the next step in intelligent life but it will come from somewhere unexpected." -- Kevin Flynn

Zuse
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 2:51 AM
You get what you pay for. Compare a Hot Toys figure with other 12 inch toys and it's easy to see why they're as expensive as they are.

The only thing keeping me from buying these is the fact that it looks like it's only gonna be Kevin and Sam. I would buy a Tron in a heartbeat, and if they made Quorra it would probably be enough to make me invest in the whole set.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

End of line

trench
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 2:58 AM
It's really only Kevin Flynn, since Sam is essentially just part of the bike - I'd have preferred a separate Sam figure.

tomstroncollectible
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 12:29 PM
Zuse Wrote:You get what you pay for. Compare a Hot Toys figure with other 12 inch toys and it's easy to see why they're as expensive as they are.

The only thing keeping me from buying these is the fact that it looks like it's only gonna be Kevin and Sam. I would buy a Tron in a heartbeat, and if they made Quorra it would probably be enough to make me invest in the whole set.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. There is no toy, doll, action figure, vehicle, whatever... that's worth the kind of an absurd price that Hot Toys is charging for, in this case, Kevin Flynn dolls and Sam Flynn light cycle likenesses.

At the rates this company charges you'd think these things were made out of precious metals. It's unbelievable to me that someone would pony up that kind of money for those items.

I'll stick with the TL stuff I currently have. The items I bought may not be as pricey or fancy as a Hot Toys product but they make for a good enough display.

User897 wrote:One man's ludicrous is another man's collectible.

I think it's more like this: One man's ludicrous is another man's collectible is another man's absurdity. Again, it's unbelievable that there are folks who pony up that kind of dough for items like this stuff from Hot Toys without a second thought.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

tomstroncollectible
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 3:18 PM
User897 Wrote:I'm thinking we should just agree to disagree before the personal attacks get any worse.

Ok User897 here's the deal... I'm thinking you didn't like my reply because all I did was turn your little nudge at me right back at you. There wasn't anything like a "personal attack" intended at all but if you choose to take it that way then by all means knock your socks off as it's no skin off my nose.

We obviously don't agree on the subject of the inflated pricing of items like what Hot Toys chooses to charge consumers, fine, so be it. If you think paying $150 US for a doll is reasonable, great. Quite frankly I think it's insane for anyone to pay that kind of money for a piece of plastic or whatever those things are made out of so let's just leave it at that. Fair enough?

tomstroncollectible
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 3:46 PM
User897 Wrote:So I guess anyone that has Hot Toys items in their home is "insane." Nice.

(sigh) I'll try again. Go back and re-read what I said User897.

I said I thought it was insane that anyone would pay $150 for a doll, NOT that a person was insane. You've made your position clear, as have I so I'm going to nicely suggest once again that you drop it and move on. Fair enough?

Edited to add: I see User897 made the right decision after I posted my reply. Good enough. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 6:53 PM
Obviously you both agree to disagree.

Drop it.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Zuse
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 7:22 PM
tomstroncollectible Wrote:Sorry, but I have to disagree. There is no toy, doll, action figure, vehicle, whatever... that's worth the kind of an absurd price that Hot Toys is charging for, in this case, Kevin Flynn dolls and Sam Flynn light cycle likenesses.

At the rates this company charges you'd think these things were made out of precious metals. It's unbelievable to me that someone would pony up that kind of money for those items..

As unbelievable as it may be for you, there are a LOT of people who feel they are well worth the money. Hot Toys is highly respected in the action figure community, and continue to release more and more figures from a variety of licenses, so people are obviously buying them. Just because they exceed what YOU'RE willing to spend on a toy is no reason to try to make those who buy them feel ******.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

End of line

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 7:57 PM
I can't imagine why someone who reviews toys on Youtube would be so personally offended that these exist.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

tomstroncollectible
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 11:19 PM
DevRevenge Wrote:I can't imagine why someone who reviews toys on Youtube would be so personally offended that these exist.

Who said I was personally offended that these items exist? I think it's great that there's new TL stuff coming out.

My objection was and continues to be the outrageous pricing that Hot Toys demands for these and other items. Obviously I'm in the minority when it comes to Hot Toys products and the prices being charged. Fine, so be it. For me to say anything else about it now is just beating a dead horse.

I'm not an avid toy collector by any stretch of the imagination. I made an exception with the TL stuff because Tron was something I grew up with. The reviews I did of my TL items on my Youtube channel were unbiased. If I thought a certain item was crap, I said so.

I also thought that the pricing on the Ultimate figures that Spin Master produced was ridiculous. I wouldn't have gotten them if I hadn't found them at reasonable pricing. And as it turned out I got fortunate in some instances with my TL purchases, notably with the all-yellow Ultimate Clu that I got from the TRU website.

Anyway, I'm sure you and other folks know that I'm out of the Youtube business. That was concluded with my review of the TL movie set I purchased when it was released earlier this month. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 11:28 PM
Heh, I wouldn't have paid $40 for the Ultimate figures either but I'm glad to have them. The price is the price, collectibles have a high-end market that are willing to pay top money for this stuff.

Honestly, considering the price of some porcelain dolls and whatnot, the Kevin Flynn is quite affordable. It's all in how you look at it. It's not like they are taking mass produced crap sculpts and charging 10x the price. If you look at the items you'll see where the extra money is going.

It's not worth $200 to you, or me, but I can understand why it exists. If you're happy that new TL merchandise is being made then you should be happy. Spin Master made 'affordable' stuff and it didn't sell, thus ending the line. Perhaps if they put a little more care into their figures, they would have been able to sell them for the retail prices they hoped. I bet Hot Toys fares better in that regard, they won't have tons of product sitting around waiting to get sold. Even at the price they set.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 11:34 PM
Look at it this way, for $40 you got Ultimate Sam. He's alright, I guess. If you got the katana at least, and have Ultimate Clu with katana to fight with. The light up feature is the same as in the $20 toys. The weapons are nice at least.

Or, for about 4x the price, you can get by far the best Kevin Flynn you'll ever see. With tons of different ways to pose him (lol at 'posing' Ultimate Sam.) The ONLY representation we're going to get of Black Robe KF, an even sweeter identity disc than comes with the Ultimate figures (maybe.)

I'm pretty sure I just talked myself into the Kevin Flynn. Might as well save up for the light cycle too

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 21, 2011 11:37 PM
I know you paid less than $40 for Ultimate Sam, so did I. That's besides the point, that was the price Spin Master set to be profitable at the line. The line wasn't profitable, so we didn't get as many toys as we were supposed to.

One nice thing about that is that we were able to get the stuff at discount prices, but we also missed out on Castor, derezzed BG, redeemed Tron and countless others.

You have to compare $40 Ultimate Sam and Clu to the $150 Kevin Flynn. It's honestly not that bad a deal.

Zuse
User

on Friday, April, 22, 2011 5:52 AM
Also take into account that Hot Toys hand paints the heads. You wouldn't get likenesses this natural looking coming off an assembly line.

End of line

SleeplessKnight
User

on Friday, April, 22, 2011 4:49 PM
I'm in my 30's and I spend massive amounts of money on toys. I will be the first to admit I am absolutely insane. But I am insane and also have cool toys, so in the end it balances out.

I have SOME 12" figures, mostly the ones from Takara and a couple from Triad toys. The cost of these dolls fall around just under $100 each at retail.

Then I decided to splurge and got a Hot Toys Black Widow doll.

I was absolutely blown away by the quality of this figure. Fully articulated yet the joints are hardly noticeable. The amount of detail on the figure is out of this world. It was like they took Scarlet Johansson and shrunk her down. This figure cost twice what I normally pay for a 12" figure. It's definitely not a mere toy, it's a collectable. Saying a Hot Toys figure is like a toy is like saying a Picasso painting is just a picture.

I'm definitely positive that the Hot Toys Tron figures will be worth the high price tag they're charging for it. But can I afford a Hot Toys Lightcycle? Sadly no, and I couldn't afford a Picasso either. I'm crazy but I'm not that crazy.

Besides, there's no Hot Toys Clu bike for me to buy and I couldn't justify getting one without the other.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Hot Toys Tron figures.