Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 What was CLU playing with during the disc battle?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
tomorowlandude
User

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 11:15 PM
In the disc battle towards the end, whenever they showed CLU, he was playing with 2 balls that were black and lit up, like bombs or something? They looked about the size of a golf ball. Anyways, I couldn't quite figure out what they were.

And you don't know how difficult it was writing that without making a joke.

KiaPurity
User

RE: What was CLU playing with during the disc battle?

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 11:16 PM
My mind already went there when I saw the balls ;_;

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 11:19 PM
Ah, yes he's had a case of Clu Balls (rhyming with a certain color).

ctellis156
User

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 11:21 PM
yeah i was wondering if during the movie and even turned to my friend with me and asked " i wonder if thats trons balls that he took from him when he turned him to his side" lol but really i think it was either a form of remote persuasion on tron (seeing as how before tron wouldnt kill during the games, he actually resisted clu on this matter) kinda like a wireless cattle prod to make him do his bidding and or that its just like some mentioned that its a control for the area to change the gravity ect like it appeared to do when he rotated them the other direction

tomorowlandude
User

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 11:31 PM
I was guessing that they had to be related to controlling him, but it didn't really look like it was related to what he did.

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 11:33 PM
I interpreted it as the arena itself. When he changed the direction of them the arena gravity flipped upside down.

tomorowlandude
User

on Saturday, December, 18, 2010 11:37 PM
That makes sense. When I see it again, I'm going to pay a lot more attention to that part.

So he moves the arena by playing with his balls.

Sorry, I had to make a joke now or later.

Imbroglio
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 3:51 AM
In the Caine Mutiny, Captain Queeg had a obsessive compulsive disorder where he would roll 2 steel ball bearings in his palm. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, he eventually gets so paranoid that he has to be relieved of duty by his crew. Maybe that scene was put into the movie to parallel Clu with Queeg.

NickScratch
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 5:17 AM
....guys...they were just balls....they didn't have any function. It's just a set of balls to roll in your hands. They actually exist. I'm not sure what they are called...or if they even have a name... Its just...balls, and since its in the computer world, they glow. It's not bombs, its not the key to controlling tron, and its not some controls to the gravity.

Also, the gravity thing, there was a rotating bit in the arena that indicated the gravity change, Rinzler looked at it right before he ran up the wall.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 5:49 AM
Sounds like Bing Wa Balls (sorry if I misspelled it) - much like Larry Fishburne had in his hands in "Boyz In the Hood". order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

FusionAddict
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:06 AM
Tron Legacy contains a lot of references to the I Ching, Feng Shui and Taoism. The balls are actually a form of Chinese contact juggling used for focused meditation, commonly referred to as "Feng Shui stress balls". Based on his using them at pivitol moments he was using them to control the arena.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

The Clu abides, man...

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:21 AM
Renegade,

They are Baoding balls, but have several names from Chinese lore. They are supposed to relieve and heal stress and other symptoms. They are also used to meditate with.

Ironic how Clu IS stressing more than Flynn. Kind of hilarious.

MultiVMan
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:55 AM
I found it interesting that CLU’s where smooth and Flynn’s were ‘jagged’. Additionally, the scene in Flynn’s home with CLU makes specific note of Flynn’s when he picks them up from the fireplace.

(I've made several modifications to this posting after giggling and making references to include this edit)where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

I'm busy compiling...

FusionAddict
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 8:57 AM
MultiVMan Wrote:I found it interesting that CLU’s where smooth and Flynn’s were ‘jagged’. Additionally, the scene in Flynn’s home with CLU makes specific note of Flynn’s when he picks them up from the fireplace.

Not the same thing at all.

The Clu abides, man...

ChessMess
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:22 AM
The way the movie was cut, it gave the appearance that they controlled the direction of gravity in the game, as the moment he reverses the rotational direction of the balls they switch to the gravity flipping.

My first reaction upon seeing them is to think of 'The Cain Mutiny' as the Admiral who was a bit off used them constantly during the movie.

And was I the only one who thought the way CLU was sitting in the chair didn't seem appropriate? I guess they were going for the evil callous emperor who had programs fight for his pleasure. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

MultiVMan
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:31 AM
FusionAddict Wrote:
MultiVMan Wrote:I found it interesting that CLU’s where smooth and Flynn’s were ‘jagged’. Additionally, the scene in Flynn’s home with CLU makes specific note of Flynn’s when he picks them up from the fireplace.

Umm, ok. I'd love to hear a different perspective.

I'm busy compiling...

stevecw
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:38 AM
trons balls !abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

jonwes
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:41 AM
They really did seem to be controlling something the way it was cut. Rinzler even seems to be responding to some "voice in his head" when Clu starts spinning them the other way.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

FusionAddict
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 10:21 AM
MultiVMan Wrote:
FusionAddict Wrote:

Umm, ok. I'd love to hear a different perspective.

Clu had two contact juggling spheres he used to control the layout and physics of the arena. Flynn had two Bit-shaped mantlepieces that did absolutely nothing. Not the same shape, not the same function, not the same size, not remotely the same thing.

The Clu abides, man...

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 12:39 PM
Back in 1979 when TRON was a cartoon at Lisberger Studios, the BIT character was a round ball at one point with a stripe around it that changed between a positive and negative.

Here's a pic:

DaveTRON

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY