TRON: Evolution 
 Disc speed too rapid

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
flotilla
User

Disc speed too rapid

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 11:08 AM

Anyone think Evolution would have been better if the speed of the disc was slowed down a bit, like it was in Tron 2.0?

I used to like hurling the disc down a corridor in Tron 2.0 and just watch it bounce back, almost like in the arcade Deadly Discs game.

In Evolution, the disc moves so quickly I don't even think I will purchase it. Watched a ton of videos and I just think the discs should not travel that quickly. The whole ricochet effect is lost in Evolution.

I notice they have Evolution listed for only $29 at Best Buy. If it gets down to $14.99 I might pick it up. If the disc speed was slower I would easliy purchase it for $29,

I really enjoyed Tron 2.0 because of the disc physics. Maybe there will be a patch to slow down the disc speed in Evolution.

Anyone know if there will be any other Tron PC games coming out anytime soon?

SweatyPyro
User

RE: Disc speed too rapid

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 4:17 PM
I think the now rapid disc speed is part of the necessity of a 3rd person shooting game... it follows the whole lock-on, combo element.

But I miss Tron 2.0's slower Disc battle system. I think it comes down to realizing that to a point, these two games are pretty much entirely different. Even Light Cycles have their drastic differences, and I don't even mean their ability to turn less than 90 degrees.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

\o/

flotilla
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 5:21 PM
SweatyPyro Wrote:I think the now rapid disc speed is part of the necessity of a 3rd person shooting game... it follows the whole lock-on, combo element.

But I miss Tron 2.0's slower Disc battle system. I think it comes down to realizing that to a point, these two games are pretty much entirely different. Even Light Cycles have their drastic differences, and I don't even mean their ability to turn less than 90 degrees.

Whatever the reason, I wish it could be reversed. I was all set to fork over the cash for this title but then I saw some footage and I can't wrap my mind around a good enough reason for the discs to travel that fast, almost like gunshots, so I will not get this title now until the price is at $4.99.

The huge part of Tron 2.0 that I loved was bouncing the identity disk around the corridors and even getting enemies on the disc return. It was crazy fun.

I hate the new ridiculous fast discs of Tron Evolution. Just isn't very real at all.

Stupid programmers. Way to ruin what could have been a great game. I hope someone creates a mod or something.

CaptainCR
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 7:26 PM
flotilla Wrote:
SweatyPyro Wrote:I think the now rapid disc speed is part of the necessity of a 3rd person shooting game... it follows the whole lock-on, combo element.

But I miss Tron 2.0's slower Disc battle system. I think it comes down to realizing that to a point, these two games are pretty much entirely different. Even Light Cycles have their drastic differences, and I don't even mean their ability to turn less than 90 degrees.

Whatever the reason, I wish it could be reversed. I was all set to fork over the cash for this title but then I saw some footage and I can't wrap my mind around a good enough reason for the discs to travel that fast, almost like gunshots, so I will not get this title now until the price is at $4.99.

The huge part of Tron 2.0 that I loved was bouncing the identity disk around the corridors and even getting enemies on the disc return. It was crazy fun.

I hate the new ridiculous fast discs of Tron Evolution. Just isn't very real at all.

Stupid programmers. Way to ruin what could have been a great game. I hope someone creates a mod or something.

ok this is just silly first of all complaining about it not being real? there is hardly anything realistic at all about tRON, it's set inside the world of a friggin computer! also ur making harsh judgements off of watching footage and not playing the game for yourself. second if u payed attention to how the discs were flying around in the original tron, they move just as fast as they do in the new game and in the new film....
and depending on what moves u use in the new game, your disc will bounce off walls and stuff...
also the programmers weren't stupid. almost everyone who worked on this game is a die-hard tron fan, they knew what they were doing. and this game is really good. ppl need to stop letting themselves be blinded by nostalgia acting like everything has to look and feel 100% exactly like the original tron film and the tron 2.0 game.

another thing. trying to make extreme comparisons between these games is ridiculous..tron 2.0 is a fps while tron evolution is a 3rd person action/adventure/platformer game..2 totally different styles of games...

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

flotilla
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 9:47 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:another thing. trying to make extreme comparisons between these games is ridiculous..tron 2.0 is a fps while tron evolution is a 3rd person action/adventure/platformer game..2 totally different styles of games...

Just doesn't look very fun from all the footage I have previewed (and I am a fan of Prince of Persia so I would have liked the wall jumping challenges more than most). I think the discs should go much slower though. It's the physics man.

If you throw a disc, like a frisbie, it doesn't have the same velocity as a gun, besides, it's all in the wrists.

Banking shots with an identity disc in Tron 2.0 (and also in Deadly Discs) was a lot of fun. Just because Evolution is 3rd person doesn't mean it couldn't have the same disc physics. It could, they just chose not to. The discs in Evolution are almost like flashes they move so quick. Not lifelike at all.

Due to the physics of the discs in Evolution, I decided to spend my money on a game that has similar identity disc physics of Tron 2.0. It's called Dark Sector and it's a PC game that has a tri-bladed boomerrang kill weapon that travels at a good speed.

In the meantime, I'll wait for an Evolution mod to come out.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

CaptainCR
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 11:16 PM
flotilla Wrote:
CaptainCR Wrote:another thing. trying to make extreme comparisons between these games is ridiculous..tron 2.0 is a fps while tron evolution is a 3rd person action/adventure/platformer game..2 totally different styles of games...

Just doesn't look very fun from all the footage I have previewed (and I am a fan of Prince of Persia so I would have liked the wall jumping challenges more than most). I think the discs should go much slower though. It's the physics man.

If you throw a disc, like a frisbie, it doesn't have the same velocity as a gun, besides, it's all in the wrists.

Banking shots with an identity disc in Tron 2.0 (and also in Deadly Discs) was a lot of fun. Just because Evolution is 3rd person doesn't mean it couldn't have the same disc physics. It could, they just chose not to. The discs in Evolution are almost like flashes they move so quick. Not lifelike at all.

Due to the physics of the discs in Evolution, I decided to spend my money on a game that has similar identity disc physics of Tron 2.0. It's called Dark Sector and it's a PC game that has a tri-bladed boomerrang kill weapon that travels at a good speed.

don't judge it to harshly until you've played the game yourself...honestly it's not a big deal that the discs move faster. it actually looks cooler that way..also have u seen tron legacy yet? the discs move slightly faster than they did in the original film...it makes sense for the discs to move faster than they use to..it's not a big deal

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, December, 19, 2010 11:51 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:
flotilla Wrote:

don't judge it to harshly until you've played the game yourself...honestly it's not a big deal that the discs move faster. it actually looks cooler that way..also have u seen tron legacy yet? the discs move slightly faster than they did in the original film...it makes sense for the discs to move faster than they use to..it's not a big deal

You don't know what you are missing not playing Tron Evolution. The Story mode allows you to get the hang of the disc and all its nuances before you go on the grid against other opponets. Its very addictive. Besides think of it as a futuristic upgrade to Xena's chakram...I think hers moved just as fast as a Identity Disc.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Aurrius
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 9:33 AM
I think the game mimics the speed of the light disks in the movie pretty good. Well somewhat.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

CaptainCR
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 2:05 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:I just wish it had more disc battles period. I hate running around and climbing through obstacle courses. Just put me in the damn arena like the one on the movie website. That game rocks.

then just play the damn multiplayer -_-

SweatyPyro
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 3:07 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:
Tron Unit Wrote:I just wish it had more disc battles period. I hate running around and climbing through obstacle courses. Just put me in the damn arena like the one on the movie website. That game rocks.

then just play the damn multiplayer -_-

I'm going with CR with this one. The game is good for the story you learn and the multiplayer....the single player is really just the generic gameplay, nothing too innovative or different as time progresses.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

\o/

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Disc speed too rapid