TRON: LEGACY 
 About the time limit (SPOILERS)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
laphtiya
User

RE: About the time limit (SPOILERS)

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 3:41 PM
TronGate Wrote:I agree with Tron Unit... the basic laws of Physics state that matter can not be created nor destroyed....

Wrong, the Laws of physics state that ENERGY cannot be created or destroyed only converted from one form to another. Flynn said "He's figured out how to do it" CLU is an A.I. he has been evolving for over 20 years now and people keep saying "where is the matter going to come from"............ummm what is our universe made up of again? Oh ya MATTER. There is a big building that the beam could convert into matter, think about it seriously for a moment and list what the human body is made up of,

(just google it lol)

There is plenty of matter for the beam to use and when did CLU say he was taking the big ship with him? He was probably planning to land at the site and send his army out marching after he went through first. And about why Flynns arcade?......why not? Perhaps he set it up for him to be transported into Tron City so he didn't have all that travel time to make to actually do something in the Grid. Time dilation is as follows:

1 minute in reality = 1 hour on the Grid
1 day in reality = 1,440 minutes in reality = 1,440 hours (approximately 60 days) on the Grid
1 year in reality = 525,600 minutes in reality = 525,600 hours (approximately 21,900 days, or 60 years) on the Grid
Ergo: 21 years in reality x 60 years on the Grid ˜ 1,260 years, as experienced by Flynn

(thanks tron wiki )

Anyway back to the topic about the 8 hour situation in the Original Post, you say that the 8 hours doesnt leave Flynn much time to do anything on the Grid. Well Yes and no Flynn could simply jump back in again after the 8 hours but he would have also done a lot of his work outside of the system as a user. Perhaps he only went inside to see what his work looks like or how it has effected the system from the inside?

DarthMeow504
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 3:50 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:You can't change the rules of physics. The amount of energy required would be MASSIVE.

The Shiva laser works like a Star Trek transporter / replicator system. It breaks down matter into data stored in computer memory, and then reassembles it again. In the Trek system, the data is stored in a pattern buffer. In Tron, the data is put into a VR system that can interact with the internal simulated world. Mass is only converted from state to state, not created from nothing.

If the laser needed to project out programs and items from inside, it would have to zap an equivalent amount of matter in it's range to convert. Presumably, Flynn had a safety protocol in place to prevent this from being done destructively and randomly, but CLU most likely found a way to override this. Thus, to "rez up" his army and it's equipment and vehicles into our world, the Shiva would be zapping anything and everything in range to gain matter to convert. That means streets, buildings, earth, even people being hit and sucked in to use as mass for conversion.

Yes, it's science fiction technology. Nobody is saying we could build the thing. But it's no more or less unbelievable than many other science fiction technologies.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 3:19 AM
Tron Unit Wrote:Why is there a replica of Flynn's arcade in Tron City if it only serves as a one-way door through which he/Sam can enter?

As I see it, Kevin was planning on opening up the Grid and Tron City to the world, once he had it perfected. It would be natural to assume there would be entertainment within the system, and why not a throwback to what started it all, video games? According to the Alan Bradley press conference videos on youtube, ENCOM games are massively popular, and as such, the arcade would be a nifty attraction once the public could be safely digitized in.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Kat
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 12:57 PM
DarthMeow504 Wrote:

The Shiva laser works like a Star Trek transporter / replicator system.

Dammit. Now I'm dying to have Yori replaced by a program named Scotty.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 1:48 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:If he got trapped in 1989, 20 years later is 2009. Weird because this movie was released in 2010, but... Close enough, I suppose.

It seems to be 21 years. Sam is six years old when his dad goes missing in '89.

He's 27 when he sees his dad again.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 About the time limit (SPOILERS)