Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
kaneda.01
User

RE: Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 9:50 PM
I'm currently working on a Gem custom using Quorra as a base... I'm pretty far along with a custom sculpted head and heavily enhanced Quorra body (green stuff). One of my primary goals is to stay true to what Spin Master established for the core line and add a custom to my tron collection that has a factory finish.

With that said... hoping to get some help from the community regarding paint colors. I'm using Kevins light disc, baton and stand for accessories. With that said... have closely studied photos of the the un-released Castor figure and the production Kevin Flynn core figures as they are both off-white in color similar to Jem's color pallet.

With that said... should I paint Jem the same colonial/vintage white color as a base or go with silver/white pearlescence that match the movie custume? Also, what accent color would you use? Silver or Grey? Castor has grey body accents... while sporting silver boots and gloves... and Kevin is devoid off any accent colors.

I can go either way... as using peralescence and silver would be a closer match to the studio custume used in the film... based on these photos:

http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2010/12/original-tron-legacy-movie-costumes-and.html
On the other hand... I can use Castor and Kevin as an indicator of what Spin Master would have done with this figure. Also, will be using the same light blue light strips for her arms and legs... while her body will light up blue (one of the reasons I used Quorra as a base). So what do you think? Your contribution will be greatly appreciated... I should be ready to hit the air gun in the next couple days.

I wanted to share photos in this post... however was notified that I don't have access to upload images yet. :O(abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 11:16 PM
You can post links to them though. I'd love to see.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

kaneda.01
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 5:02 AM
Here are a couple photos...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/GEM1.jpg
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/GEM2.jpg
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/GEM3.jpg
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/GEM4.jpg

1. I used a Marvel Universe X-Men storm head and added "green stuff" to sculpt the hair
2. All Quorras mold lines were completly filled with green stuff (drying time 45 mins.)
3. Sanded out Quorras belt and gave the torso a waist to accent Gems bust line
4. Sculpted in a square collar

The body is completely smooth after using modelling sand paper 280, 320, 400 & 600 grit to ensure factory paint finish. I'll be using the same technique on the arms and legs today and tomorrow. Should start airbrushing colors later this week. :O)

Stilll thinking about paint colors... luckily, I have a couple more days to think about it.

Smokescreen
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 6:04 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:Daft Punk customs are on the to-do list. I'm keeping my eyes out for better base parts first. I don't want to waste more time on the Tron figures... the lights are cool, but gimmicky and overall pointless. I'm thinking my best bet will end up being a Marvel Universe figure or something.

I agree. Does the character lights ever turn 'off'? I figure just paint it right so it looks like there's a light on their suit or maybe even look like it has a glow. I've been contemplating using the G.I. Joe Reactive Armor figures from Rise of Cobra. Between Duke/Ripcord, Scarlett and Heavy Duty, those are about all the body styles I need. And you can usually get these on the cheap.

binaryzero
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 8:21 AM
kaneda.01 Wrote:Here are a couple photos...

Stilll thinking about paint colors... luckily, I have a couple more days to think about it.

fantastic choice in the storm head!
as for fine details and paint color choices, if you have the legacy blu-ray
fire up the second screen app on your computer and forward to the armory scene.
it's chock full of high res pics of the sirens.

maybe a pearl finish to simulate the vinyl look while still keep it within the mass market toy vibe?
otherwise i'd say go with a high gloss sealant finishing the suit almost like a car.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 12:06 PM
Smokescreen Wrote:I agree. Does the character lights ever turn 'off'? I figure just paint it right so it looks like there's a light on their suit or maybe even look like it has a glow. I've been contemplating using the G.I. Joe Reactive Armor figures from Rise of Cobra. Between Duke/Ripcord, Scarlett and Heavy Duty, those are about all the body styles I need. And you can usually get these on the cheap.

I'm curious as to why you'd use those figures.... the boxy, chunky armor is not approporiate for the streamlined feel of Tron at all.

Errex
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 1:29 PM
Dunno.

Paint it all black and it seems to me the reactive impact armor bits don't really clash all that much with the look of Tron at all...

Smokescreen
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 8:21 PM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:
Smokescreen Wrote:I agree. Does the character lights ever turn 'off'? I figure just paint it right so it looks like there's a light on their suit or maybe even look like it has a glow. I've been contemplating using the G.I. Joe Reactive Armor figures from Rise of Cobra. Between Duke/Ripcord, Scarlett and Heavy Duty, those are about all the body styles I need. And you can usually get these on the cheap.

I'm curious as to why you'd use those figures.... the boxy, chunky armor is not approporiate for the streamlined feel of Tron at all.

You're not thinking of the Accelerator suits, are you? The Reactive Armor figures are a bit... armored more than normal Tron characters, but that's easily fixed with some green stuff. They are perhaps some of the most base figures out there, that with some tweaking, could, at least, in my view, could serve as a base for about anything out there. Just me, though. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ender9492alt
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 9:54 PM
@kaneda.01
Your Gem custom looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished!

@everyone else
Regarding the Joe Reactive armor: I think it works. Boba, Jin Saotome used it on his Tron/Ghost Rider custom, and it didn't look bad, right?

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 10:29 PM
yeah, but that was Ghost Rider, not Daft Punk :P There's a significant difference there.

Errex
User

on Tuesday, April, 12, 2011 12:45 PM
Well, for Daft Punk customs you may find some parts of the RoC figures useful, like the lower legs from any Storm Shadow figure, or even bits and pieces from the Cobra High mucky-mucks. The Rex Lewis figure seems like a good starting point for some non-specific Grid denizen.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Magus
User

on Tuesday, April, 12, 2011 1:02 PM
Here's something that came up on the Marvelousnews.com forums a while back:

My understanding is that they were made using GI Joe bodies, Breaker I believe.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Tuesday, April, 12, 2011 1:29 PM
Nice. I have a couple of said body, but the legs would need work, as they are the pants-tucked-into-boot variety.

DirkMaximus
User

on Tuesday, April, 12, 2011 2:15 PM
Magus Wrote:Here's something that came up on the Marvelousnews.com forums a while back:

My understanding is that they were made using GI Joe bodies, Breaker I believe.

The legs are from Storm Shadow, oddly enough I picked up two of that figure for this exact purpose. Breaker is a great find, but I wonder if the upper body is too thin to pass for their jackets.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Zuse
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:06 PM
What do you guys think?

End of line

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:16 PM
Not bad but the lips/eyebrows are too orange.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Zuse
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:20 PM
Orange? I did the lips with a light pink and the eyebrows are black?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

End of line

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:34 PM
Zuse Wrote:Orange? I did the lips with a light pink and the eyebrows are black?

Huh! That is strange, because I see the same thing that CT sees, must be my monitor. Or perhaps I should right click to see the full size.... but I'm too lazy to do that.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Zuse
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:42 PM
I don't know maybe something about the lighting/flash, but I definitely used pink.

End of line

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:48 PM
Um, I'm seeing it too. The eybrows are a weird pinkish orange,and the lips are a similar orangish pink.

FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource