Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Best Price for Tron: Evolution? (PC Version)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
flotilla
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 8:54 AM
Just curious what the best price is so far and also how long everyone thinks it will take before the game can be found for $8.99?

I remember when Tron 2.0 came out, it was expensive at first but after quite a few months it had dropped considerably. Does everyone think Evolution will do the same thing?

I know Best Buy has the Tron Evolution PC version for $29.99 at the moment but that seems a little high to me. Think it will get to at least $14.99 anytime very soon, or is that several months away yet?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/TRON+Evolution+The+Video+Game+-+Windows/9927479.p?cpncode=25-14685273-2&srccode=cii_5784816&skuId=9927479&ref=25&loc=PGR&id=1218196190060

SweatyPyro
User

RE: Best Price for Tron: Evolution? (PC Version)

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 3:09 PM
I snagged my copy for $40 at GameStop. I'm pretty sure the price will start to decline, because quite frankly this isn't a game that's turning heads; however, I definitely don't think it's not worth the cost. I'm happy that I got it for $40, to be honest, as opposed to $50 or even $60.

\o/

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 4:17 PM

I've seen the price fluctuating on all versions of the game, in the past couple of weeks. For example, right now Amazon has reduced the price of the 360 version to $37 from $60.

The press is not being kind to Evolution, so within a month or two I expect all the prices to permanently drop $10-$20 at a minimum. The game is far from being a huge success.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

flotilla
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 7:24 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:
The press is not being kind to Evolution, so within a month or two I expect all the prices to permanently drop $10-$20 at a minimum. The game is far from being a huge success.

Good to know. Think I'll wait a little longer. It's $29 this week so I'll check back in 2 more weeks after the holidays to see if it drops any more. I'm not in that big of a hurry to get it, mainly because of the speed of the discs in the game. (like the Tron 2.0 disc speed much better).

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 7:26 PM
Yes, very true. I got mine two day after it came out for 50 bucks, not the regular 60.

Just today at Target I saw it at 37 bucks.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 11:15 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Yes, very true. I got mine two day after it came out for 50 bucks, not the regular 60.

Just today at Target I saw it at 37 bucks.

Got mine at Best Buy for 39.99 for the PC.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

flotilla
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 3:08 AM
IsoLine Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:Yes, very true. I got mine two day after it came out for 50 bucks, not the regular 60.

If you still have the receipt, you may be able to bring it in and get your $10 back as it is less than 30 days since you purchased it and BB does price protection. Currently they are selling it for $29. I'm trying to hold out to see if it gets down to at least $19 soon. May be a couple more weeks though.

IsoLine
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 10:54 PM
flotilla Wrote:
IsoLine Wrote:

If you still have the receipt, you may be able to bring it in and get your $10 back as it is less than 30 days since you purchased it and BB does price protection. Currently they are selling it for $29. I'm trying to hold out to see if it gets down to at least $19 soon. May be a couple more weeks though.

Oh, my God...I am so braindead. When I saw that you were concerned about me getting it from BB for 39.99, I checked my reciept. Sure enough, I didn't get it for 39.99, but 29.99. I need some rest.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

flotilla
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 6:12 PM

Still seems to be holding steady at $29.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 8:54 PM

I continue to see the prices of all versions of the game move up and down like yo-yos. Though it seems the 360 and PS3 versions are now permanently down to $40. (This is not good. You don't drop the price of your game by $20 in the first month if it's doing well. You didn't see the price of the CoD games drop for a long, long time.)

I also saw the PC version briefly go down to $20, but it only lasted for a day.

All these prices are from Amazon.com.

EDIT: Ouch. I just did a check on the sales numbers for Evolution. If VGChartz is correct, Evolution is a massive bomb by today's standards. It's only sold about about 200,000 copies so far across 360, PS3, and PC. I bet Disney was hoping to sell at least five times that amount in the first month.

flotilla
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 9:26 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:EDIT: Ouch. I just did a check on the sales numbers for Evolution. If VGChartz is correct, Evolution is a massive bomb by today's standards. It's only sold about about 200,000 copies so far across 360, PS3, and PC.

Doesn't surprise me though, the reason is because of the physics used in the game. The identity disc just does not travel that fast and I believe the game was wrecked because of that one simple physics mistake. (reminds me of Donkey Kong for the Atari VCS - had a similar issue with Mario jumping unrealistically back in the day, wrecked that game as well).

Tron 2.0 was so much fun, just like Tron Deadly Discs. The reason was due to the speed of the disc. It made those 2 games very fun to play.

In Tron: Evolution, the disc might as well be a damn shotgun it travels so unrealisticly quick. I would have probably paid $40 easily for the game if it had proper physics like the other 2 classics (2.0 and Deadly Discs). oh well.

Can't believe I missed the $20 sale. I'm sure it will come back to that again sometime soon though, probably within the next 2-3 weeks or so for sure.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 9:29 PM
flotilla Wrote:
TronFAQ Wrote:EDIT: Ouch. I just did a check on the sales numbers for Evolution. If VGChartz is correct, Evolution is a massive bomb by today's standards. It's only sold about about 200,000 copies so far across 360, PS3, and PC.

Doesn't surprise me though, the reason is because of the physics used in the game. The identity disc just does not travel that fast and I believe the game was wrecked because of that one simple physics mistake. (reminds me of Donkey Kong for the Atari VCS - had a similar issue with Mario jumping unrealistically back in the day, wrecked that game as well).

Tron 2.0 was so much fun, just like Tron Deadly Discs. The reason was due to the speed of the disc. It made those 2 games very fun to play.

In Tron: Evolution, the disc might as well be a damn shotgun it travels so unrealisticly quick. I would have probably paid $40 easily for the game if it had proper physics like the other 2 classics (2.0 and Deadly Discs). oh well.

Can't believe I missed the $20 sale. I'm sure it will come back to that again sometime soon though, probably within the next 2-3 weeks or so for sure.

Yeah, I have small issue with that too.

My main reason for getting was for the Light Cycle battles.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Nar78
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 10:17 PM
I paid 40.00 dollars for this game at Target 2 nights ago. I like it so far. If only I could re-map my gamepad buttons to my own liking and not the xbox layout (since im using a mod to play with my PS2 controller on a USB adapter). order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

Tron Fanatic
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 7:55 PM
From what I saw, it looked far more cookie-cutter than Tron 2.0, so I'm not that interested in it, aside from learning the story that happens between the films. I want it more for the multiplayer than anything - if a good multiplayer community even forms from it. I miss the Tron 2.0 lightcyclers' club order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

'>

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 11:27 PM

The PC version is on sale again right now (Jan. 8th) for $20 at Amazon. Don't know how long this price will last. Last time, it was only for one day.

Tron Evolution PC @ Amazon

Nar78
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 2:48 AM
Darn, I guess I could have waited.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

DevRevenge
User

on Wednesday, February, 09, 2011 11:54 PM
I grabbed it for $20 @ Amazon last week, it seems to be a permanent price drop.

I can see why the game got lackluster reviews but on PC it's really pretty and I'm enjoying some parts quite a bit. Definitely a good game for Tron fans I'd say, well worth $20 anyway.

Cellien
User

on Thursday, February, 10, 2011 10:46 AM
Got it for $29.99 at Best Buy in December. Totally worth it to me, especially since the longer I wait, the less likely I'll be interested in playing through it once the high of the movie fades.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution