Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Fan Fic: Lost Track of Time (A "T:L","Tron 2.0" crossover, a short fic piece)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
CB2001
User

RE: Fan Fic: Lost Track of Time (A "T:L","Tron 2.0" crossover, a short fic piece)

on Wednesday, May, 04, 2011 11:34 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
CB2001 Wrote:Shadow- I've sent you the link to the script. I've uploaded it to Google Documents. If it doesn't work, then we may have to try sending it via e-mail.

Got it. And I really want to see more. Whether it's script, film, or fanfic, I'm looking forward to the next bit. You really know how to create a cliffhanger, and I hate cliffhangers.

Oh, and it's not Shadow, it's Spark.

Sorry about that, Spark. I'll try to remember it. Like I said, I've considered on doing this as a fan film, but I'm not sure about it (as I'd literally be doing everything myself, including acting).

BTW, the ending, I wasn't sure about the ending with the call Jet gets. I had trouble deciding on who it was that'd call him.

ShadowSpark
User

RE: Fan Fic: Lost Track of Time (A "T:L","Tron 2.0" crossover, a short fic piece)

on Thursday, May, 05, 2011 12:26 AM
CB2001 Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:
CB2001 Wrote:Shadow- I've sent you the link to the script. I've uploaded it to Google Documents. If it doesn't work, then we may have to try sending it via e-mail.

Got it. And I really want to see more. Whether it's script, film, or fanfic, I'm looking forward to the next bit. You really know how to create a cliffhanger, and I hate cliffhangers.

Oh, and it's not Shadow, it's Spark.

Sorry about that, Spark. I'll try to remember it. Like I said, I've considered on doing this as a fan film, but I'm not sure about it (as I'd literally be doing everything myself, including acting).

BTW, the ending, I wasn't sure about the ending with the call Jet gets. I had trouble deciding on who it was that'd call him.

However you do it, I want to see more.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

CB2001
User

on Thursday, May, 05, 2011 2:12 AM
Who knows where fate will lead. Jet sure didn't know when he got the call.

So, like I said, one of the things I was worried about was the ending. Should I have had Yori calling or a version of Ma3a (which I have decided would be made from the same source code as Yori, but is capable of running on much newer systems)? I mean, I know a lot of people want to see Yori again, but I happen to like Yori and Ma3a equally.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, May, 05, 2011 4:31 PM
I like them both also, but I think Yori works better for this one.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

CB2001
User

on Thursday, May, 05, 2011 7:07 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:I like them both also, but I think Yori works better for this one.

Honestly, I don't see why Ma3a couldn't be an upgrade Yori. After all, not all old-school programs work in Modern Systems, so it'd make sense that Jet would help Lora upgrade Yori into Ma1a, and then into Ma2a and Ma3a to work on the more recent Encom O/Ss.

Also, here's some of the written references to "TRON" that are in the story. Let me know which ones you picked up on right away and which ones that you didn't notice right away.

The Small Connections:

1. "TRON Scherzo" - a piece of the score from the original film in 8-bit (also reference to the Arcade game, which utilized 8-bit music)

2. "Here comes another headache." - This is a line from the first "TRON" film, it can be heard as Kevin Flynn is on the verge of crashing his Recognizer (just as two programs duck in time to avoid being hit.) Jet says it just before answering the phone.

3. "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey - A reference to both "TRON" and "TRON: Legacy", which both films include the music of Journey. (of course, I also used this in the original story)

4. Popcorn- A tie-in to "TRON" and "The Next Day: Flynn Lives" revealed. The Bradleys sure love their popcorn (popcorn is also featured in the opening scene for the "TRON 2.0" game).

5. "Did you catch that clip where he flashed that 'Flynn Lives' T-shirt?" - Reference to "The Next Day: Flynn Lives Revealed" and "Flynn Lives."

6. "Digital Pool" - A reference to the Digital Cave scene in "TRON", where TRON, RAM and Flynn drink for a source of pure energy.

7. Encom San Francisco Press Conference - Tie-in to the "Flynn Lives" event in which Sam crashes.

8. "Mom left Dad to go to Washington for a job" - A reference to the event in the "TRON: Betrayal" comic.

9. Space Paranoids Online- A reference to the website, part of the "Flynn Lives" ARG.

10. Neon Green- A reference to the color of the computer viruses in "TRON 2.0"

11. "'89 Encom Logo" - The logo on Sam's helmet in "TRON: Legacy", his parachute in the Encom Press Conference and were a prize as a part of the "Flynn Lives" ARG, where you got a pin and stickers with the logo.

12. "End of Line." - The goodbye between the siblings is the iconic line spoken by the MCP in "TRON" and is also the name of the club in "TRON: Legacy."

13. The Arcade Token - As a part of the ARG, at San Diego Comic Con, many fans were lucky enough to get their hands on tokens from "Flynn's Arcade", which on the back included "The Home of TRON" on one of them, and others including names and logos for other Kevin Flynn designed games. Long after the ARG completed, at Disney's California Adventure opened a section of the park called "ElecTRONic", which features a Flynn's Arcade with tokens of the same design on the front (but on the back, it reads "Disney's California Adventure's ElecTRONic" on the back).

14. "January 15th, 1990" - This date comes from the "Home of TRON" website (a part of the "Flynn Lives" ARG), which is the date listed that Flynn's Arcade closed down after Flynn's disappearance.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2011 12:42 AM
CB2001 Wrote:Honestly, I don't see why Ma3a couldn't be an upgrade Yori. After all, not all old-school programs work in Modern Systems, so it'd make sense that Jet would help Lora upgrade Yori into Ma1a, and then into Ma2a and Ma3a to work on the more recent Encom O/Ss.

Well, that could work. Or she could still be Yori, but have the Ma1a, Ma2a, and Ma3a things as upgrades.

CB2001 Wrote:Also, here's some of the written references to "TRON" that are in the story. Let me know which ones you picked up on right away and which ones that you didn't notice right away.

The Small Connections:

1. "TRON Scherzo" - a piece of the score from the original film in 8-bit (also reference to the Arcade game, which utilized 8-bit music)

2. "Here comes another headache." - This is a line from the first "TRON" film, it can be heard as Kevin Flynn is on the verge of crashing his Recognizer (just as two programs duck in time to avoid being hit.) Jet says it just before answering the phone.

3. "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey - A reference to both "TRON" and "TRON: Legacy", which both films include the music of Journey. (of course, I also used this in the original story)

4. Popcorn- A tie-in to "TRON" and "The Next Day: Flynn Lives" revealed. The Bradleys sure love their popcorn (popcorn is also featured in the opening scene for the "TRON 2.0" game).

5. "Did you catch that clip where he flashed that 'Flynn Lives' T-shirt?" - Reference to "The Next Day: Flynn Lives Revealed" and "Flynn Lives."

6. "Digital Pool" - A reference to the Digital Cave scene in "TRON", where TRON, RAM and Flynn drink for a source of pure energy.

7. Encom San Francisco Press Conference - Tie-in to the "Flynn Lives" event in which Sam crashes.

8. "Mom left Dad to go to Washington for a job" - A reference to the event in the "TRON: Betrayal" comic.

9. Space Paranoids Online- A reference to the website, part of the "Flynn Lives" ARG.

10. Neon Green- A reference to the color of the computer viruses in "TRON 2.0"

11. "'89 Encom Logo" - The logo on Sam's helmet in "TRON: Legacy", his parachute in the Encom Press Conference and were a prize as a part of the "Flynn Lives" ARG, where you got a pin and stickers with the logo.

12. "End of Line." - The goodbye between the siblings is the iconic line spoken by the MCP in "TRON" and is also the name of the club in "TRON: Legacy."

13. The Arcade Token - As a part of the ARG, at San Diego Comic Con, many fans were lucky enough to get their hands on tokens from "Flynn's Arcade", which on the back included "The Home of TRON" on one of them, and others including names and logos for other Kevin Flynn designed games. Long after the ARG completed, at Disney's California Adventure opened a section of the park called "ElecTRONic", which features a Flynn's Arcade with tokens of the same design on the front (but on the back, it reads "Disney's California Adventure's ElecTRONic" on the back).

14. "January 15th, 1990" - This date comes from the "Home of TRON" website (a part of the "Flynn Lives" ARG), which is the date listed that Flynn's Arcade closed down after Flynn's disappearance.

Actually, I managed to pick up all of these. And I have 2 of those tokens. Officially, they're worth a quarter, but they're worth far more to me.

Tron Lives!

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2011 1:13 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
CB2001 Wrote:Honestly, I don't see why Ma3a couldn't be an upgrade Yori. After all, not all old-school programs work in Modern Systems, so it'd make sense that Jet would help Lora upgrade Yori into Ma1a, and then into Ma2a and Ma3a to work on the more recent Encom O/Ss.

Spoiler tagging this whole thing just in case:

[spoilers]Actually, Ma1a (and all of the newer releases) were written by Alan, and were probably not related to Lora's Yori program. It's entirely possible, but part of me is unable to see Alan working off of someone else's code without their consent, let alone his dead wife's.

The reason Ma3a is voiced by Cindy Morgan is hinted at in the emails throughout the game. Lora died in a digitizing accident while Ma2a was in development. The digitizing laser was connected to the computer network that Ma2a's code was stored in, and since Ma2a was a part of the digitizing software, it's hinted that Lora's soul was digitized and combined with Ma2a's code. Ma2a began to sound and act like Lora; Something that carried on with the next version, Ma3a.[/spoilers]

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2011 1:31 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:Spoiler tagging this whole thing just in case:

[spoilers]Actually, Ma1a (and all of the newer releases) were written by Alan, and were probably not related to Lora's Yori program. It's entirely possible, but part of me is unable to see Alan working off of someone else's code without their consent, let alone his dead wife's.

The reason Ma3a is voiced by Cindy Morgan is hinted at in the emails throughout the game. Lora died in a digitizing accident while Ma2a was in development. The digitizing laser was connected to the computer network that Ma2a's code was stored in, and since Ma2a was a part of the digitizing software, it's hinted that Lora's soul was digitized and combined with Ma2a's code. Ma2a began to sound and act like Lora; Something that carried on with the next version, Ma3a.[/spoilers]

Actually, Ma1a was a joint project between Lora and Alan. Ma2a and Ma3a were upgrades after Lora died.

Tron Lives!

CB2001
User

on Friday, May, 06, 2011 1:56 AM
True on both accounts, guys. But since I'm sort of doing with the fan script like I did with the initial fan fiction story, basically using some of the ideas presented in "TRON 2.0", but making them fit into the events of the film's timeline. In the case that I have in mind, it could be possible that Lora made both Yori and Ma3a, Ma3a being an upgraded version of Yori, or even possible that Lora used the same source code between the two programs, and they share the same functions but Ma3a is much more refined at it. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Fan Fic: Lost Track of Time (A "T:L","Tron 2.0" crossover, a short fic piece)