Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 How was Quorra made into a flesh and bone human being in the real world?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Traahn
User

RE: How was Quorra made into a flesh and bone human being in the real world?

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 1:38 AM
Tron Unit Wrote:Suspension of Disbelief is one thing and Bull**** is is another. If the physics aren't explained by the narrative somehow it is called a "Plot Hole" and no back-peddling BS explanation by the writers after-the-fact can "rectify" that. Explain it in the movie or go home.
I don't like or need explanations for everything. Not needed, and in some cases destroys the mystery and wonder I want to experience. I hate it when films and games feel the need to explain every little thing to us like we don't have an imagination. Like we all want and need everything spelled out for us.

I'm not a big fan of the "one to one" theory for T:L, I kind've wish I hadn't heard it -- so I'm glad it's not spelled out 100% via the narrative that this is what is happening. Now when I watch T:L: a bunch more times, I don't have to be constantly reminded each time of the physics-based explanation that I don't really like... and future Tron movies will have some additional wiggle room with regard to teleportation. And my mind can try to fit the puzzle pieces together in my own creative way.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

peppymiint
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 3:53 AM
Imbroglio Wrote:It is kind of like Chobits, but you can instant order a Chii.
A CHOBITS REFERENCE! :0
i was thinking that exactly!

Tron Unit Wrote:So Sam is going to have sex with a virtual chick. Whatever gets him off.

ROFLMAO!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

BigbadMCP
User

on Sunday, December, 26, 2010 4:00 PM
PunkMaister Wrote:
peppymiint Wrote:like what tomorrowlanddude said, you just have to accept it. we may not understand why maybe until the next movie.

but maybe she isn't flesh and bones. she could just be an android or something.

if she is a human after all, my theory is the carbon makeup and everything could have been based from kevin or sam, and quorra's "dna" could've been altered in, and she became a human. and you have to remember, whatever was in kevin's disc helped them get out.
Ah yeah I forgot that she basically carries Flynn's father real world matter within her. Still I doubt that Clu 2's plans would have worked because the digitizing laser does not work like a Trek replicator. Now if in another sequel they do come up with a replicator and another evil program takes hold of it then it's whole new ballgame. I doubt that she is an android, as the technology for that does not exist, we can barely make a robot walk nowadays... LOL

Here's a scenario for Clu's world domination plan. He uses Flynn's disc to enter the real world, and finds a first victim to get zapped into the system. His trusted right hand man (Rinzler, before he turned back to Tron) would then take that victim's identity disc (and matter) and enter the real world. The two would then continue to find more victims, and in doing so, would exponentially increase their numbers (as well as steadily decimating the human population).
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Imbroglio
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 12:22 AM
I just saw a movie called Outpost and it made me think that maybe Flynn discovered in the Iso's a working version of the unified field theory or theory of everything that enables the direct conversion of energy into matter and that was encoded on his disc. I am not a physicist, but I like zombies apocalypses and stuff like that. Which reminds me how about a zombie outbreak movie on the game grid called TRON of the DEAD?

digideus
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 7:17 AM
I saw the movie yesterday and Flynn hinted at the fact that being an ISO, Quorra had the ability to leave the system because, unlike Clu, the ISO's were created with the equivilant of digital DNA. Clu didnt have that and could only leave by using Flynns ID Disc.

I cant explain how CLU could get thousands of programs through the portal in the carrier and appear in a basement of an arcade using one ID Disc, but hey, thats Sci Fi for yawhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 8:20 AM
Clu is ignorant of the materialization process, ignorant of the physics of the real world, and ignorant and the scale involved.

While he himself may of materialized in the real world, his command carrier, army and vehicles would not materialize at all.
The laser system would most likely overload and burn out because it wouldn't have enough power, and the matter in the containment system is finite and there would *not* be enough to materialize everything.

The laser would have to be powered directly by a nuclear reactor (which it wasn't) and it would have to de-materialize half of Flynn's Arcade and the all the nearby surrounding city buildings to obtain all the matter needed, again the containment system probably lacks the space and lacks the power required to hold the volume of matter needed.

Also, I highly doubt the vehicles would work at all in the real world if they were materialized, as they lack the structral pattern to have working mechanisms/parts that would function in the real world. The basic body of a vehicle if materialized would be as non-fuctioning as a statue.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

insidetronworld
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 11:18 AM
TronBon Wrote:Kevin's disc had the information required to convert digital DNA over to human DNA. From there, it's just a matter of converting energy into matter, isn't it? I mean, no, I couldn't do it, but logically, if you have the technology, it should be pretty simple from there.
So if she was using Kevens DNA make up from his disk. Wouldn't that make her a sister to Sam? Or would there be a knew DNA chain created using her program code? It's something to think about.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 3:01 PM
Quorra's DNA genetic make-up would be based upon her complex digital DNA, extrapolated and sequenced into her own DNA/RNA. The matter components used do *not* make her related to Flynn genetically at all.

Like in a Star Trek replicator, the matter components (stored as energy patterns) used to make Sythahol or to make Orange Juice does not make the Orange juice be exactly related to the Sythahol or the ham sandwich the Replicator materializes.... :/where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

TronBon
User

on Monday, December, 27, 2010 3:12 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The matter components used do *not* make her related to Flynn genetically at all.

Agreed. All of our bodies are made up of atoms. The only difference from one human being to another is the genetic code used to arrange those atoms. In Quorra's case, her digital DNA would be converted to some form of physical DNA based on the conversion information in Kevin's disc.

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 7:32 PM
The one issue with a lot of theories is Flynn's own concern about Clu.

If Clu was merely ignorant and would have been surprised / destroyed by trying to enter the Portal or take is men with him, then Flynn of all people should have been informed enough t know this. But Flynn was busy warning Sam that it would be a disaster for the real world ("The guy kinda has a problem with imperfection. If he gets out, it's game over.") if Clu got to the Portal.

I think the Tron Betrayal novel and some other sources insinuate that /all/ programs in the system have some form of bio-digital DNA because Flynn designed more complex human avatars when setting up the Grid. He wanted to eventually get other people to visit it, and have the Grid create perfect recreations of their bodies inside for their own convenience. As a side benefit of this, programs in the Grid have full humanoid bodies. It's possible that Clu needed Flynn's master disc to engage some layer of translation - something that would recompile the digital DNA into organic DNA inside the Portal.

Since I'm personally fond of the overall world framework that has it the electronic world is a subspace dimension and computers only imprint order onto it, and act as a portal to it, I tend to, for now, think: that power to perform the matter/energy conversion would have been drawn from subspace, and that some disaster would have happened if Clu had used the information in Flynn's disc to blow the Portal wide open from the digital side.

As for the topic of what Clu expected to do for resources, weapons, and technology, it's an interesting question, but I'm not so sure those high tech vehicles are merely abstract virtual simulations. Flynn designed the Grid to simulate real world physics /far/ more because he wanted to research technology. No use in researching it if you can't reap the benefits back in the real world. The technology in the Grid is based off Flynn's ideas, then evolved for a thousand subjective years in Grid time. Much of the "magic" of it could very well be "god tier" technology that dispenses with mechanical components and functions via pure field manipulation and advanced energy generation.

Also, don't forget that again, Clu wanted Flynn's master disc to enable some kind of translation. What if modifications to his army's equipment would have been possible during transport?

I have feeling that somewhere in the filmmakers' materials there's a bit more information that would make a hell of a lot of sense of all this but it didn't make it on screen. A lot of other apparent plot holes are already closed by stuff like the Evolution game and the graphic novel. The movie's only real sin is that it's a bit inconsistent on choosing what plot points to include on-screen and which to leave to other media.

TronBon
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 7:52 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:Bio-digital DNA is not living matter.

Why would we assume that all life has to exist as matter? In fact it seems much more likely to me that life originated as some sort of organized energy pattern. Aren't human beings basically electro-chemical machines? Different hardware, same organized thought patterns? I don't understand why conversion from one medium to another is causing you such apparent stress.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 7:58 PM
It's like the replicators and transporter in Star Trek. The system has Flynn's DNA/RNA pattern stored and a containment system with the essential matter patterns/or matter in gaseous form that's been stored in the containment system thats encirculing the laser emitter which can be used to materialize Flynn back into "the real world".

Each program has it's own base code make-up, now what the master key (Flynn's disc) can do is extrapolate the base code; the virtual "digital dna" of a Program and apply a humanoid DNA/RNA to it (like a applying a patch to a program),
and the system structures it to a new organic human pattern.
The neccessary patterns are sequenced and the system then materializes the final compiled pattern as a human.
The process is like replicator tech combined with transporter tech.

But alas, the movie is *not* hard science fiction, it's sci-fi fantasy. I really do not get this need to want real science, and real physics explanations for things in this movie. IMO they're not neccessary and neither are they a "plot hole".

It's like expecting Doc Brown to explain the physics behind the Flux Capacitor and the detailing out the real science of how it makes the car travel through time. Come on now this movie isn't a documentary on real technology or real physics ffs.

NickyTea
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 8:08 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:Bio-digital DNA is not living matter. The word was not made flesh by cyber-Jesus Kevin Flynn. I'm sorry but this is the most glaring plot-hole of the film. Can't happen. Period. Laws of physics. You can suspend your disbelief to a point when it becomes so ridiculous that the intelligence of the audience is simply insulted.

Or ... the metaphor is worth more than any clinged-to semblance of a literal facade. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Carader
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 8:10 PM
I think that she was able to become human and real in our world was two main reasons. Like others before me have said, she was an ISO and not a program. She basically had something along the lines of DNA, whether it was digital or real. The other major reason was that she had Flynn's disc. That disc had all the information about the Grid on it. As was stated earlier, if a program had that disc they could move between our world and the Grid. It does NOT make her somehow genetically the same as Kevin Flynn though. So Sam would not be related to Quorra in some kind of weird creepy way. The way I see it, is that the combination of her ISO make-up and the fact she was in possession of the key to all the secrets to the ENTIRE Grid, that made her able to become at least slightly if not all the way human.

TronBon
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 8:19 PM
Tron Unit Wrote:And where does the narrative of the film explain that? It doesn't. Plot hole. Fail.

End of Line, man.

If you really need the narrative to explain everything...then I'm not sure why you're watching a Tron movie. Honestly. I hate when movies tell you every last detail like you're an idiot or something. I love having some room to think and fill in the blanks.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, December, 28, 2010 8:21 PM
this is fantasy movie, not real life.

The movie has a laser that transforms a human into energy and then digital code, and your expecting the film's narrative to explain with real science how a being made of code can be transformed and materialized into a human.

IMO a real science explaination isn't really required. It not a plot hole, it's no more a "plot hole" than Doc Brown not explaining the science or physics of the Flux Capacitor, and no more a plot hole than in the original Tron where there's no explaination of why Programs drink "water", have emotions, or even know of "The Users" when realistically they wouldn't appear as humans or have emotions at all. Come on now.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

zordmaker
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 5:18 AM
TronBon Wrote:
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The matter components used do *not* make her related to Flynn genetically at all.

Agreed. All of our bodies are made up of atoms. The only difference from one human being to another is the genetic code used to arrange those atoms. In Quorra's case, her digital DNA would be converted to some form of physical DNA based on the conversion information in Kevin's disc.

I have been one of the most critical about the differences in the way the interworld transformation occurred in T:L as opposed to the first film

However lets assume this:

After returning to the real world in #1, Flynn tries for years to replicate the conditions that originally put him into the TRON world - without success. The secret died with the MCP and thats it.

So much later he starts from scratch to build completely new system and imports like components from the old to the new. The process he uses to "get in" this time are completely different to before (as can clearly be seen when comparing #2 with #1).

Much of what Flynn does to enable him to cross the boundary relates to the difference btween the two worlds. #2 is the way it is because Flynn had to make it that way in order to create a system that would work for him.

And now here's the challenge:

In #3 (if it ever happens), Sam (as suggested elsewhere) attempts to rebuild his father's system on the ENCOM servers, firewalled from the rest of the ENCOM system (which unlike Flynn's system, is the original and has basically grown from the system we knew in #1)

The second act to #3 is dedicated to that firewall being breached, and naturally the third act is dedicated to the conflict that results as two worlds collide, Sam finds a way back into the original system via his Dad's one, things go wrong, the dark Flynn world dominates the light and free Encom one, and in turn this threatens the real world in some way.

Just some ramblings of an old fan..

ZM

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 5:31 AM
Or Dillinger Jr learns of The Grid and puts in his own effort to take control of it to exploit it for his own ends....

Tr2ff
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 7:49 AM
Look guys, if Automan could do it in 1983, then Quorra can do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQb1ZD9W8_c

I think it's funny everyone's arguing how a program can/can't enter the real world, but a human can enter a silicon world no argument order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!"
"Not anymore."

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 3:03 PM

Because MAN! Somewhere in one of those memories
is the evidence!
You just have to look deep enough to reconstruct it!!!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 How was Quorra made into a flesh and bone human being in the real world?