Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Tron: Redemption - An Illustrated Novella PART ONE AVAILABLE!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
Mayorcan
User

RE: Tron: Redemption - An Illustrated Novella PART ONE AVAILABLE!

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 12:10 PM
Dude, chapter 1 and the prologue are excellent. The artwork is solid, and the pacing of the plot is rather good, too. I hope the liberties you are taking with explaining what happened to Tron's original disk and his facial injuries don't get retconned by a sequel movie. So far, this is quite a good adventure to tide us fans of Tron's character over.

A few nitpicks: I think once Tron or Yori referred to other programs as "people", and Tron himself said a few "out-of-character" words and phrases like "hell" "being invited over for dinner." Nothing too major, and it can probably be attributed to his time spent with Flynn. But it did catch my eye.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 12:53 PM
Hey, where's the iPad version eh?

DevourTheLiving
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 6:37 PM
jonwes Wrote:

It's here! You can now read part one on Issuu.com (I recommend the full screen mode):
http://issuu.com/jonwes/docs/tronredemption1
Let me know what you think!

Well done. Seriously. I like this a lot.

Only criticisms (nit-picks, really) have been covered by Mayorcan.

Part 2, please! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 7:57 PM
Thanks everyone! Glad people are enjoying it so far! It'll be a while before part two shows up. Thanks for the feedback, too. About the "people" thing - I thought I caught all those! grrr. I'll give it another pass.

Oh, and about Recognizers... there will be plenty more of those to come.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Gyro458
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 12:35 AM
I loved it, I couldn't stop reading it. I like how we don't get to see Tron's face. Also, does Jex look like Sark on purpose?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

jonwes
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 2:57 PM
Thanks! Glad you're liking it. As far as the Sark look, there is a reason. It won't really come up in the story—at least I don't plan on it at this point—but the idea is that programs like the MCP and Sark achieved a cult status amongst some of Clu's troops. Sort of an underground movement that Clu himself wouldn't have tolerated. So when Clu is gone and Jex achieves power he calls himself "Master General" and wears a suit that's an homage to Sark.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

jonwes
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 4:42 PM
I can make a PDF version available to download on somewhere like Megaupload or something. I'll work on that tonight. That way it can also be nicely viewed on the iPad in an app like Cloud Reader.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

jonwes
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 9:58 PM
Alright, here we go. The story in PDF form:

Lo-Res (screen viewing):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GX1U9F84
I'll upload a Hi-Res for printing if I can find a decent site to upload too. Megaupload keeps screwing up (as it's rather large.)

recognizerpilot
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 7:07 PM
Thanks for that! It took a lot of experimenting on my iPod Touch to get the script legible, so a lower res version for devices likemine is most welcome. Bring on part II!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Zac in NZ

ChessMess
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 10:51 AM
When I read the prolog earlier it was excellent, I'm sure this will be just as good. I will post any things I see as I read.

-------------------

1st paragraph, Part01, Redundant description:

"Below him, the programs swarmed over the walkways and courtyards. The bright multi-colored glow of the populace of the Grid swarmed in the coutryard below him."

2nd Paragraph, Part01. term usage:

Use of the word 'Had' seems excessive.

jonwes
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 11:16 AM
Cool Chess Mess! Let me know if you see anything else. It's hard being your own editor. I already fixed some of the people/program references in the PDF, but I'll keep adjusting it if some other weird stuff shows up.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

jonwes
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 1:03 PM
I like Cloud Reader on my iPad. You go to the apps page while your ipad is connected to your computer, scroll down and it'll list the apps you can add PDF files to. Then you drag this PDF to it and can view it on your iPad.

recognizerpilot
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 2:26 AM
Sounds great! Think. Might have to get that one.

On that note, how far along is Part 2? I love having a serial story to follow and look forward to!

Zac in NZ

jonwes
User

on Saturday, January, 29, 2011 3:08 PM
Probably not the answer you wanna hear... but I haven't even started yet! Work's been kind of crazy as I've been doing some illustration concept work at home after-hours for one of our brands. But I'm shooting to get Part 2 done soon. My plan is to have the full story done by March.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

recognizerpilot
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 12:23 AM
As with anything I enjoy, I would much rather have to wait for something great than get something okay quickly.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Zac in NZ

terrychoichelsea
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 12:26 AM
ya. i would like to wait to see and comments until at least three or four chapter released.

anyway, i see Jonwes putting his heart on this. thanks.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2011 5:51 PM
Greetings, jonwes:

Finally got a chance to read TRON: Redemption. I'm diggin' it, Man. I like the scene with Yori and the old-school solar sailer, as well as the flying vehicle that Ren has, and Jaren reminds me of Kevin Flynn. Looking forward to seeing Part 2. That Jex program reminds me of Sark, and as I was reading it, I could see everything in my head, as if I was watching it on the movie screen. I think TRON will be torn between Jex and Jaren's programs and he'll have a difficult decision to make - unless some USERS (hint, hint) come to his aid.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, February, 06, 2011 5:54 PM
jonwes Wrote:Probably not the answer you wanna hear... but I haven't even started yet! Work's been kind of crazy as I've been doing some illustration concept work at home after-hours for one of our brands. But I'm shooting to get Part 2 done soon. My plan is to have the full story done by March.

I have a baseball bat in storage, don't make me get it!

I mean... Take your time, bud! It's not like we are already addicted to the story, and waiting patiently for you to finish......... ... *drums fingers*where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Popcrazy
User

on Tuesday, February, 08, 2011 1:44 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:Didn't say anything before, but the poster looks awesome and I'm looking forward to the story.

Been trying to start a fan-piece myself for the last week or so, but the creative juices are plugged.

At least I have a tag-line for it already.

"A long time ago, in a server far far away..."

I want it to take place in modern day, but in a different server and everything. This way I can incorporate the suits from Tron and have it slowly evolve into the suits from Legacy, just with a classic twist.

For now it's in the old noggin, really looking forward to yours, though. Have you started writing part 1, yet?

No doubt
Its really incredible!!

recognizerpilot
User

on Thursday, February, 17, 2011 1:14 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:
jonwes Wrote:Probably not the answer you wanna hear... but I haven't even started yet! Work's been kind of crazy as I've been doing some illustration concept work at home after-hours for one of our brands. But I'm shooting to get Part 2 done soon. My plan is to have the full story done by March.

I have a baseball bat in storage, don't make me get it!

I mean... Take your time, bud! It's not like we are already addicted to the story, and waiting patiently for you to finish......... ... *drums fingers*
*whistles in idle agreement, the sound of an activating disc emanating from behind him*

JK jonwes, take your time, I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Zac in NZ

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Tron: Redemption - An Illustrated Novella PART ONE AVAILABLE!