Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Film Production 
 How can I make the Tron Glow effect in a video?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 6:19 PM
Greetings programs!

I'm working on some new funny Tron comedy videos I'm making.
I was wondering how I could make the Tron glow effect in a video around a person?

What program or method do I need to use?

If anyone could tell me if would be a great help! Thank you so much!

End of Lineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

RenegadeProgram
User

RE: How can I make the Tron Glow effect in a video?

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 6:30 PM
Greetings, Program:

It's ironic you ask that, because that's something I'm going to be doing myself - I recall seeing a video tutorial on youtube. I'll get you a link asap on that.

End of Line.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 3:16 AM

Greetings Program! Thank you! Good to see we have this is common in trying to find how to create this effect.

Yes Please post when you can! Thanks for the help!
Have a great new year!!

End of Line

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

RenegadeProgram
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 11:34 AM
Hello MCPComputer:

Here's a couple links on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDmlr8d0Yo
And a simple one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSfHiRrDco&feature=related
Unfortunately, I can't afford Cinema 4D or After Effects at the current time, so I'm going to try a simpler technique using Sony Vegas, and a blue screen. Good luck! Let me know how it turns out!

End of Line.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Thane101
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 3:39 PM
This isn't for arround a person, but you may be able to use the same techniques to achieve the effect. Here is the tutorial.

Here is a tutorial which I made to achieve the "Tron Legacy" style glow using SONY-VEGAS.

Here is a still from the video clip I used, as you can see I am using yellow tape on a vest to make the glow circuitry (yellow may not be the best, blue might work better). The lighting must be even and beware of too many blurs or shadows, this will mess up the effect.

Also note the green screen is not needed to make a glow, only for putting it against a new backdrop when finished.

STEP 1

With your clip on the timeline, under video event effects, add a "chroma key" effect, next use the color picker and click on the yellow tape. Be sure to get a clean color sample. (you may need to uncheck the "chroma event effect" in order to see the yellow, once it is picked turn the event back on)

STEP 2
Under the chroma key options, turn on "show mask only". Next adjust the sliders until the background is completely white and the circuits are black. Export the video as an AVI when finished.

STEP 3
Put the new clip you just created on the timeline on top of your original clip (IMPORTANT-the original clip without added effects)

STEP 4
Add a chroma key effect to the top layer (the black and white), use the color picker to select the white in the image.

STEP 5
Turn on "show mask only" and adjust the sliders so all you can see is the white circuits, be sure to also use the "blur" slider to soften the ciruits a bit.

STEP 6
Duplicate the circuits layer and stack it on a third layer, the top layer will be the white intererior and the middle layer will be the outer blue glow.

STEP 7
Add a glow effect to the middle layer, be sure to turn the percentage and supression sliders to 0. The intensity slider should not go higher than 3 or 4. Select the "chroma key" effect tab for this clip after adding the glow and turn up the BLUR to achieve the desired effect. Or you could simply add a soften under the "gaussian blur" menu. (note that the top layer is not effected durring this step, only the middle)

END
Here is the finished product. If you green screened your image feel free to add them into a cool background, I recommend adobe ultra.

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 2:29 AM

Hey Thane101
Wow that is very cool! I will have to gt that program, and try it out!
That Tron Legacy glow effect came out great! Wow I gotta try that out myself.
Thanks for the tips!

End of Lineon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Java
User

on Thursday, March, 21, 2013 1:53 PM

If you have access to the ADOBE suite my recommendation is always "After Effects"

videocopilot.net has excellent tutorials for many types of glows and light trails.

I'd recommend using shape layers to generate the glow and then motion track the source pattern rather than rotoscopingon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

END OF LINE.

onionymous
User

on Tuesday, December, 03, 2013 10:28 PM
Thanks for the tip!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Film Production