Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 A Few Questions For Planning? (Legacy-era)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
psyence53
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 7:28 PM
First of all, my apologies if this is in the wrong place or anything like that, I'm new to both this forum and the world of Tron...

I have only seen Tron Legacy, three times, but not the original Tron - YET. I can't find the dvd anywhere local yet. But Legacy has inspired me to start planning a fan-fiction, with original characters and some actual characters, but even as I begin, I'm facing a few problems. If anyone could help, that would be awesome!

1. Would it be possible for a User to enter the grid and get a genuine identity disc WITHOUT being recognised as a user, or without having to enter games?

2. Would a User trapped inside the Grid NEED actual food to survive, or just the liquid energy?

And kind of 3. Do all Programs in The Grid belong to Kevin Flynn/Encom, or is it accessible via Encom's operating systems? Bit of a vague or complicated question really, my main thought is if the whole system is company based, or if any Programs are somehow created by the general public for gaming or anything? Utterly clueless on that one.

But yeah the first two, really Thanks for your time.

psyence53
User

RE: A Few Questions For Planning? (Legacy-era)

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 7:40 PM
Oh and the other thing is, how could any other human, except the Flynns, get into the Grid? I assume Flynn/Encom have the only technology? Gah, I wish I knew more about everything!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 9:53 PM
Well, not having seen the movie myself yet, take what I say with a grain of salt, but, as far as the identity disk--well, we see that Sam's not identified as a User until he bleeds in the Games. Whether he could've obtained a disk without going to the games, I dunno. Actually, that was another part of the dressing scene that bugged me too. If his disk already had all his info on it, then wouldn't he have had to have it from the beginning? If they give it to him, how do they program all his info on it?

And yes, I'd say Flynn/ENCOM have the only technology, but you could probably technically bypass that by either having Sam let in other people (but you'd need a good reason, like perhaps he recreates the Grid and looks up some computer-geek friends to help him out with it), or you could probably try to get a loophole by saying the laser was originally Lora's technology (right?) and she had a prototype somewhere. But if you did that, it would probably be hooked to another system, not either the ENCOM system or the one in the arcade, so I don't think that'd have the effect you wanted.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

jonwes
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 10:23 PM
The first Tron may provide the answer for one and two. Flynn enters the Grid and has an identity disc and has to reveal to the others that he is a user. So all that should be possible.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Kat
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 11:05 AM
jonwes Wrote:The first Tron may provide the answer for one and two. Flynn enters the Grid and has an identity disc and has to reveal to the others that he is a user. So all that should be possible.
Right, it goes back to the old clothing argument again...Flynn shows up in suit, Sam has to be dressed. I suppose you could take either angle, and could perhaps argue either way--you could say "well obviously it's different in this version of the Grid and you don't show up already dressed" or I suppose you could say that particular feature was only that way because of Clu and change things around if you wanted to.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 11:59 AM
1. Yes. It has happened in each movie. In the first, they say to Flynn when he arrives, "Vacate entry port, program," and I don't want to give anything away since you haven't seen it yet, but yeah -- it's possible they don't know they're Users at first, and has happened in both movies. In the first, Flynn also has his identity disc probably automatically from being transported into the system. He has it early on (in the pit cells). In T:L, Sam was teleported in and they thought he was a stray program. It seems none of the other programs really know Users are Users unless the User announces it themselves or are revealed as such by a Grid tyrant. In T:L, one of the sirens just thought Sam was, "(He's) different," but didn't necessarily know he was a User. In the first, they may get a hunch they're a User based on certain things, but dont really know for sure. (You'll just have to watch the first!) Sounds like Castor also had a black market way of getting identity discs, if absolutely needed and couldn't be obtained elsewhere.

In both movies, the Users had to run or escape for their freedom because they were assigned to the games. However, in the first it was mostly the MCP's doing, imo. In the 2nd, it was mainly Clu's doing. So, absent an omnipotent dictator controlling who gets beamed to the Grid or what gets done to them when they do get beamed in, I think they don't need to be assigned to the games. A different dictator who has a different agenda, or if the User knew what they were getting into could avoid the games. Flynn did for a long time while he built the system, I'm sure.

2. I like to think neither food nor energy liquid is needed. That's a little too real world for me. I like to think energy liquid is a nice-to-have, and provides a nice energy boost, but not required to sustain digital life. I liked how they approached it in the first movie. I enjoyed the T:L dinner scene, but not because they were eating. I liked the conversation and the acting, especially Quorra. I didn't like the dinner aspect so much. I think that food was just Flynn's attempt at making things feel like home. Then again, he did age in the system, so maybe Users burn calories there and do require some sort of nourishment to sustain themselves... But I'd prefer not and would like to think only the liquid would be needed if so. Programs? I'd just want the liquid to be a boost to energy, not a sustainer of life.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

psyence53
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 4:56 PM
Thank you all for the replies!

@Kat - My personal guess is that the disc somehow stores all Sam's personal information once it's connected, because the lights on it resemble a loading bar, and his eyes flash. I'm thinking you're right, I'm thinking of dropping the User idea, though that ruins a lot! xD

@jonwes - The only thing that puzzles me about that is that white circuitry is supposedly reserved for Users, blues for Programs, so wouldn't that give true identity away?

@Traahn - So could it be that many programs don't think or know about Users, so would assume any white/blue circuitry was a basic program? And Castor is definitely going to be a part of it, so that is a possibility. I didn't mind the liquid energy (just because I like liquids and things that glow) but the food just seemed ridiculous. Thinking about it, human or not, to enter the grid you have to be digitized, so therefore no longer biological, right? (apart from the bleeding, but we can let some things pass! haha) Yes, Quorra was fantastic, and not just for her eyes. She was really charming. Ah yes, that could be, Flynn just wanting it more homely.

Again, thank you all, I didn't expect such quick replies and it's much appreciated. Given me more to think about! As much as I hoped for a User character, the entrance into The Grid would just niggle me far too much, so I'm going to have to seriously rethink this - which is a good thing, because I love it order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 7:33 PM
Traahn Wrote:But I'd prefer not and would like to think only the liquid would be needed if so. Programs?
As long as the liquid can come in other shapes as in the dinner scene. No more tea or red wine or chocolate or Middle Eastern food??? Not on your life, not even for Tron! "Hurry up, we gotta get to the portal!" "Is it closing?" "No, but the Thai place does in half an hour!"

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

psyence53
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 9:06 PM
Haha! How tedious would that get, one drink for eternity?! But in End of Line club, what about when Castor is talking to Sam, there are loads of bottles behind them with the same liquid in. That amused me for some reason. Imagine a club serving one drink? Having said that, there is also a greenish drink later on, so maybe they have different flavours. Haha, taste in The Grid seems so irrelevant!

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 2:40 PM
A couple more questions, these have been touched on in the chat room, but I'd like to know more, if possible:

4. Would it be possible for a User to permanently digitize themselves? Not like Flynn, who just got stuck in there, but more like, converting oneself into a Program, to the point where you would derezz instead of bleed, be re-purposed, and not age? (Or age at the rate Clu would have as opposed to his User, Flynn)

5. Could anyone more computer-minded suggest what sort of Programs would be needed in The Grid? I already understand the comparison to programs that run on an operating system, but what kinds of programs would these include? Other than anti-virus or spyware programs, or mp3 programs... ^^;;

Thank you, and sorry if i'm pushing my luck with all these questions!

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 2:53 PM
psyence53 Wrote:A couple more questions, these have been touched on in the chat room, but I'd like to know more, if possible:

4. Would it be possible for a User to permanently digitize themselves? Not like Flynn, who just got stuck in there, but more like, converting oneself into a Program, to the point where you would derezz instead of bleed, be re-purposed, and not age? (Or age at the rate Clu would have as opposed to his User, Flynn)

The "Art of Tron Legacy" book explains how the digitizing laser works in quite a bit of detail:

At the bottom of the digitizing laser's stand is four cylindrical canisters that act not only as supports, but also store all of the mass of the person who has been digitized. With this particular model of the laser (which may work differently from the one in the original film), the subject's molecular structure is broken down and transported into the computer. All of the physical mass that makes up their real-world physical body is stored within the four canisters supporting the laser.

5. Could anyone more computer-minded suggest what sort of Programs would be needed in The Grid? I already understand the comparison to programs that run on an operating system, but what kinds of programs would these include? Other than anti-virus or spyware programs, or mp3 programs... ^^;;

TRON 2.0 has antivirus programs and MP3 programs.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 3:30 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
The "Art of Tron Legacy" book explains how the digitizing laser works in quite a bit of detail:

At the bottom of the digitizing laser's stand is four cylindrical canisters that act not only as supports, but also store all of the mass of the person who has been digitized. With this particular model of the laser (which may work differently from the one in the original film), the subject's molecular structure is broken down and transported into the computer. All of the physical mass that makes up their real-world physical body is stored within the four canisters supporting the laser.

TRON 2.0 has antivirus programs and MP3 programs.

Yeah, I'm eagerly waiting for the 25th of January, when I get paid, so I can order that book! Wow, that's interesting... So do you think, in theory, if the physical body is destroyed, the User, in Program form, could survive that way? I really have no idea, i'm just really hoping there is a way around this >_

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 4:16 PM
ALSO *facepalm*

Is Kevin's digitizer the only one, or is there one in Encom? The only way I can think of to get round the other User thing is if someone who works at Encom snuck in and managed to use their digitizer... IF they have one. And it still sounds a poor idea to me... I wonder if I will ever actually get to write this fic!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 4:49 PM
They are two different lasers.

One was HUGE, the other portable enough to fit inside Flynn's office.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art