TRON: Evolution 
 Is the game worth getting?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Gyro458
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 2:52 PM
Aright, I have found a nice deal, and have the money, but there are other games.

I'm asking the people who have it: is it good?

I'm a TRON fan since I heard about TRON: Legacy (I wasn't born yet when the original was released), I have an Xbox360.

TRON.dll
User

RE: Is the game worth getting?

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 3:30 PM
Gyro458 Wrote:Aright, I have found a nice deal, and have the money, but there are other games.

I'm a TRON fan since I heard about TRON: Legacy (I wasn't born yet when the original was released), I have an Xbox360.

I have played all of the versions. Here's a short review of each:

PC/360/PS3 (I have played PC version, all of these are the same game): Focused on Prince of Persia type (running/jumping off walls) single player campaign. Very fun disc-based combat system. Has a very strong multiplayer mode with downloadable map packs coming in the future. Players also gain experience points and level up in single and multiplayer, allowing them to level up. Your character stats and level are persistent though single and multiplayer modes and it works great. PC version is cheapest and can be obtained for $30 at Best Buy.

Wii: Focused more on the grid games. Has a big focus on multiplayer, but unfortunately has no online capability. Controls are great and makes for a wonderful party game. I'd recommend it if you live with or hang out with people who like Tron or local multiplayer games in general. There is a singleplayer story mode but it consists mostly of playing random grid games.

DS: Has four grid games that can be played against CPU's or other players via local gamecard play, but is focused more on the singleplayer campaign. I've encountered some glitches such as the game locking up twice now, but thanks to a good autosaving system I never lose too much progress whenever that happens. Story mode gameplay is very similar to the DS Zelda games and works great.

iPod Touch/iPhone: Contains several grid games. You must become the grid games champion just because. Has motion control that works great. Considering it's only 99 cents, I'd recommend it to anyone.

PSP: The iPod/iPhone version with a very weak (and what I'd say is probably not-canon) story and useless character "customization" (choose a helmet type and a circuitry color) thrown in and no motion controls for $30-40 depending on where you buy it. Graphics are a little better, but you still have to deal with that (sorry to any PSP fans) terrible control stick. Would not recommend.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Gyro458
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 3:51 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Gyro458 Wrote:Aright, I have found a nice deal, and have the money, but there are other games.

I have played all of the versions. Here's a short review of each:

PC/360/PS3 (I have played PC version, all of these are the same game): Focused on Prince of Persia type (running/jumping off walls) single player campaign. Very fun disc-based combat system. Has a very strong multiplayer mode with downloadable map packs coming in the future. Players also gain experience points and level up in single and multiplayer, allowing them to level up. Your character stats and level are persistent though single and multiplayer modes and it works great. PC version is cheapest and can be obtained for $30 at Best Buy.

Wii: Focused more on the grid games. Has a big focus on multiplayer, but unfortunately has no online capability. Controls are great and makes for a wonderful party game. I'd recommend it if you live with or hang out with people who like Tron or local multiplayer games in general. There is a singleplayer story mode but it consists mostly of playing random grid games.

DS: Has four grid games that can be played against CPU's or other players via local gamecard play, but is focused more on the singleplayer campaign. I've encountered some glitches such as the game locking up twice now, but thanks to a good autosaving system I never lose too much progress whenever that happens. Story mode gameplay is very similar to the DS Zelda games and works great.

iPod Touch/iPhone: Contains several grid games. You must become the grid games champion just because. Has motion control that works great. Considering it's only 99 cents, I'd recommend it to anyone.

PSP: The iPod/iPhone version with a very weak (and what I'd say is probably not-canon) story and useless character "customization" (choose a helmet type and a circuitry color) thrown in and no motion controls for $30-40 depending on where you buy it. Graphics are a little better, but you still have to deal with that (sorry to any PSP fans) terrible control stick. Would not recommend.
Thanks, I'm definately getting it now. bI'll be getting the Special Edition with Clu, Quorra and Gibson for multiplayer. It's a great deal just £23 rather than the usual £50. And it's new. What a great deal.

clu_backup
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 10:44 PM
I thoroughly enjoy it. Keep an eye out for me on the grid as clubackup

Gyro458
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 4:15 AM
Aright, I got it yesterday and played it for 6 hours straight until I had to got to bed. I really enjoy it, especially Light Cycles in multiplayer. It's awesome cause I got the 2 maps, Clu skin, Quorra skin, Gibson skin, and Sam skin.

So yeah, I'll just finish story mode, and see you on the grid!

IsoLine
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 10:13 PM
Gyro458 Wrote:Aright, I got it yesterday and played it for 6 hours straight until I had to got to bed. I really enjoy it, especially Light Cycles in multiplayer. It's awesome cause I got the 2 maps, Clu skin, Quorra skin, Gibson skin, and Sam skin.

So yeah, I'll just finish story mode, and see you on the grid!

Ah... but remember, your progress on the grid also helps with your getting XP to use in story mode and vice versa. Basically if you stop and do some multiplayer and are successful in wiping out high-level players, the increase in XP will help you level up in story mode.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Gyro458
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 3:42 AM
Well, yea, I meant I'm focusing mainly on campaign but I do lots of grid matches too. I just got to level 20 and got my Gen 5 lightcycle (looks good with Clu skin) and I'm only battling Abraxas in Arjia city.

A noob question: Is it possible to have all the upgrades?

jonwes
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 9:00 AM
It is possible. In fact, I have 7mb with nothing to do with them.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Nar78
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 6:25 PM
This game is pretty interesting. If you play enough multiplayer games and gain Experience points and memory points, you can actually use those in the actual story game and obtain all the upgrades you need to make your game less difficult. The only downer here is that sometimes you will face players on the multiplayer grid with all or most upgrades and if you have non or less, you are at a disadvantage. I wish they made it so that in multiplayer, all programs were forced down as equals. This would make the games on the grid much more fair and fun. IMHO...

But, I guess if everyone plays enough times, eventually everyone would have access to all upgrades. .... Like I said, "eventually".

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 10:01 PM
jonwes Wrote:It is possible. In fact, I have 7mb with nothing to do with them.

Are you serious? That is really funny. I got the exact number of megabytes needed to spend on what I had left. which was about 16 Megabytes.

How did you keep earning Megabytes after your turned 50?
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 10, 2011 12:21 AM
Gyro458 Wrote:A noob question: Is it possible to have all the upgrades?

It is possible to have all the upgrades.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

WiseHacker
User

on Tuesday, January, 11, 2011 8:03 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:PC/360/PS3 (I have played PC version, all of these are the same game): Focused on Prince of Persia type (running/jumping off walls) single player campaign. Very fun disc-based combat system. Has a very strong multiplayer mode with downloadable map packs coming in the future. Players also gain experience points and level up in single and multiplayer, allowing them to level up. Your character stats and level are persistent though single and multiplayer modes and it works great. PC version is cheapest and can be obtained for $30 at Best Buy.

I have been thinking about this game for a while, but I am still reluctant as the last movie tie in I played - Cameron's Avatar - effectively scarred me for life and almost killed my appreciation for the movie.

Care to share any further details about the single player mode of the game? I am thinking of the PC version so any details about its (shudder) DRM would nice as well.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution