Fanfic question (Spoilers)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
scifichicx
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 7:41 PM
I'm working on a post-Legacy story and I was wondering about a couple things:

What's on that necklace in the last scene? Flynn's grid?

If it is the entirety of Flynn's Grid:

Is Sam just going to keep it?

Does that mean there are two copies of Flynn's grid and everyone in it?

What happens on the grid and to the programs when the power is turned off?

I'm willing to take ideas that are in Tron 2.0 even though the creators aren't keeping it as canon.

Now, in the fic, Sam and Quorra try to restore the grid from the real world side. Given the end of the movie, what makes more sense:

1. Sam moves the grid and laser to Encom and works on it all there.

2. Everything stays at the arcade and the work happens there.

I was originally going with the second option, but after seeing T:L again, it looks like the first option would make more sense given that last scene. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

psyence53
User

RE: Fanfic question (Spoilers)

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 9:14 PM
I don't know for certain, but I think his necklace contains Flynn's grid, yes. I'm confused as to how much survived. Were Kevin and Clu both destroyed in reintegration? Was the "destruction" of The Grid because of Kevin, or because of Sam shutting down the system?

I'm hoping for another sequel to explain these things, but I think what you're thinking is a good idea, to move it over to Encom, considering Sam's last scene with Alan. But then, maybe, missing his father, he would keep it in the arcade, away from anyone at Encom who may disagree with his plans? And kept where his dad kept it. They're just my opinions though, I don't know what Sam would actually do! I think you have a good story going, whichever way you take it.

As for when the machine is shut off, if the Grid is still on the computer, and not moved or erased, then I would imagine all programs just remain in a sort of hibernation. Like a coma or falling unconscious. I don't know, but can it actually be completely turned off if its stored on Encom's server?

I'm quite new to Tron, so I'm just sharing thoughts and opinions, not going on any profound knowledge ^_^;;

CB2001
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 11:52 PM
scifichicx - If you're going to borrow from "Tron 2.0", I think you should check out the story I did called "Lost Track of Time" here in the fan fiction portion of the board. It's two chapters, and I basically sort of reimagine some of the concepts of "Tron 2.0" and incorporated them into a small story that takes place some time after "Tron Legacy." Maybe it'd give you a few ideas on how the Jet Bradley character of "Tron 2.0" can fit within the context of the story you're writing, if you are considering on including him (and if you like the story I've got done, you can take what I've written and do some digital jazz with it).

Kat
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 2:23 PM
I would argue for new hardware at the arcade. I wouldn't think he'd want to open it up to anyone at Encom getting to it, especially since some of the employees there seemed from T:L to be weenies. But that could just be me; I wouldn't trust those goobers. That way Sam could possibly invite in anybody he wants on it, but no chances someone would come upon it accidentally or anything (unless you WANT that to be a plot point).

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

CB2001
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 7:13 PM
Kat Wrote:I would argue for new hardware at the arcade. I wouldn't think he'd want to open it up to anyone at Encom getting to it, especially since some of the employees there seemed from T:L to be weenies. But that could just be me; I wouldn't trust those goobers. That way Sam could possibly invite in anybody he wants on it, but no chances someone would come upon it accidentally or anything (unless you WANT that to be a plot point).

Since Sam's place happens to be a bunch of cargo containers, I wouldn't be surprised he ends up expanding the house a few more containers and have a special room in which the hardware can be used. Plus, having it out of the city would least likely to lead to the discovery of it, whereas if it stayed at the arcade, anyone can break into the arcade and possibly discover the hardware.

And I agree, Sam needs someone he knows he can trust. Someone like Alan and Lora (or possibly Jet Bradley if he happens to exist in the film-version of events), even if they do work for Encom (from what I gathered from the "Flynn Lives" ARG, Alan may be the last honest and trustworthy person working at Encom, which hopefully Sam with rectify this somewhere between the events of the ending of T:L and the beginning of the next film). Honestly, I think Sam would get the Bradleys involved, especially since I think that Flynn told them about what happened at the digitizing lab in the first film, and it could account for why no one else at Encom knows about digitizing, as its possible that Lora refused to continue experiments and Flynn shut down the project at her request (only to actually take the project to his basement at the arcade). Lora, for all cases, is the only person with knowledge on the digitizing process, so naturally she may still have the know-how to help Sam out.

scifichicx
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 11:55 PM
CB2001 Wrote:... Honestly, I think Sam would get the Bradleys involved, especially since I think that Flynn told them about what happened at the digitizing lab in the first film, and it could account for why no one else at Encom knows about digitizing, as its possible that Lora refused to continue experiments and Flynn shut down the project at her request (only to actually take the project to his basement at the arcade). Lora, for all cases, is the only person with knowledge on the digitizing process, so naturally she may still have the know-how to help Sam out.

This is already a major plot point in the story. I like what you said about Lora shutting the project down, that brings her more actively into play. I may be able to convey that idea in there somewhere.

Right away Alan gets involved and later Lora is brought in to fix the laser (which brings Yori back to the grid). Then, as the story progresses Lora becomes a more present character. But I'm trying a couple of unexpected things with the grid that I hope end up making sense.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

CB2001
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 2:54 AM
scifichicx Wrote:This is already a major plot point in the story. I like what you said about Lora shutting the project down, that brings her more actively into play. I may be able to convey that idea in there somewhere.

Right away Alan gets involved and later Lora is brought in to fix the laser (which brings Yori back to the grid). Then, as the story progresses Lora becomes a more present character. But I'm trying a couple of unexpected things with the grid that I hope end up making sense.

Well well! Great minds do think alike! I hope you are considering on including Jet from the game. I think Sam needs Jet, much like how Flynn needed Alan.

But yeah, I think she would have shut it down after what Flynn explained happened (wouldn't you do so if you found out how really dangerous it was inside the computer?). That would be the only reason why Lora and Alan wouldn't think of checking inside the computer system, because both may have thought that the digitization project and scrapped, completely unaware that Flynn just simply took it and moved it into the basement of the arcade.

LWSrocks Wrote:I suppose that works, but if your a stickler about the fic being reasonable when it comes to the canon material, I dont think it would. According to Tron: Betrayal, Lora left the company in 1983. Also, according to Tron 2.0, she's dead.

If I recall correctly, in the comic, she and Alan apparently went away to the East coast for a small period of time, and then eventually came back to to the West Coast (it is apparent that they came back, as Alan still apparently works at Encom and was there in 1989 for Sam after Kevin disappeared). It could be possible that they took a temporary transfer to an Encom HQ on the East Coast (I assume there would be one in New York, especially since Encom was a bit big for its time in the 1980s, so naturally having an HQ in both L.A. and New York would make sense before they went global). And it's also possible that Lora may have been pregnant with Jet (if he's at all in the film canon. Just because the director stated that the game is ignored doesn't mean that he may not exist in the film canon). We do know that she married Alan sometime after the events of the first film, as she was present at the Encom "dog and pony show" in San Francisco and Alan did refer to her as his wife.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 3:47 AM
Remember, though. Tron Legacy is Canon, but Tron 2.0 is not.

In the game, Encom is taken over by a company named FCon, in the movie Encom still exists.

Granted, there are similarities between the two, but like I said only one is Canon.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 4:04 AM
Tecnically, both are cannon; 2.0 is just an alternate timeline.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art