Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 The female diva from Tron Legacy - Gem - charcoal drawing (+video!)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Martificiam
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 6:33 AM
Hey guys, I'm a beginner artist and here's my try. I constantly upload drawing and painting videos to my youtube channel, here's another one (now in HD). It's Gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5uCQmelTSk

ctellis156
User

RE: The female diva from Tron Legacy - Gem - charcoal drawing (+video!)

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 7:40 AM
id hardly call that beginner work

jonwes
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:47 AM
That's really lovely. It might have helped to somehow set up her basic facial features before going into full detail on it because one of her eyes is a little (and I mean just a LITTLE) too far over and up (the left eye) but I gotta say but that's pretty minor.

You're finishing skills are great. I admire anyone who works in charcoal. It's a medium I enjoy but find slightly frustrating. I'm always going too light with the darks so my tonal range is kinda blah. But you've excelled at that here.

I hope you do more!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Martificiam
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:34 AM
Thanks for your comments guys.

Charcoal is my preferred medium and I just don't see how it is frustrating to use it
For the time being, I used to sketch out the basics, but later on I left that behind, as I hate to do it. I start from the eyes and then make my way from there. I noticed the placing of the eyes is a bit out of order, but it doesn't matter to me too much. When I look at her I see a person, maybe not too familar with Gem, but a person nonetheless Blinky

You wanna see more? Well, as of now, I have 20 videos on my YouTube channel, go check them out If you meant Tron fan art, I'm not sure if I'm gonna do some right now.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ctellis156
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:41 AM
i dont ever work with charcoal but just use a pencil but i usually start with the eyes too, they are the focal part of a picture usually when it comes to portraits, this is something im also aware of because of my hobby in photography and with that eyes are very very important

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:58 AM
Nice work! I usually use graphite and ink, but sometimes digitally on Painter or Sketchnook Pro. Charcoal is quite flexible but takes time to master.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Karolvs
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 10:11 AM
And you say you are just a beginner artist?. Man that was completely awesome !!!

jonwes
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 11:01 AM
Martificiam Wrote:Thanks for your comments guys.

Charcoal is my preferred medium and I just don't see how it is frustrating to use it
For the time being, I used to sketch out the basics, but later on I left that behind, as I hate to do it. I start from the eyes and then make my way from there. I noticed the placing of the eyes is a bit out of order, but it doesn't matter to me too much. When I look at her I see a person, maybe not too familar with Gem, but a person nonetheless Blinky

I know what you mean about starting with the basic sketch. And the eye isn't too far off. It wouldn't bother me either. I think it looks exactly like Gem, actually!

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Carader
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 11:46 AM
Let me just say, that looks amazing. It looks EXACTLY like Gem. Good job. Also, if you can do that quality of work when a "beginner", I can't wait to see the quality of work you can do when you're an expert.

beckykw
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:58 PM
That was just amazing! You definitely have a gift. I've used charcoal maybe once or twice, but I never quite got the hang of using it. The picture looks exactly like Gem. Great work!

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 10:52 PM
Wow good work! That came out really good!!
Amazing work!!

Oh and Gem is my favorite
Gem <3

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

doctorclu
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 11:19 PM
Martificiam Wrote:Hey guys, I'm a beginner artist and here's my try. I constantly upload drawing and painting videos to my youtube channel, here's another one (now in HD). It's Gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5uCQmelTSk

By the users! That was amazing!

Martificiam
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 3:23 AM
Thanks

Well, I've been practising since I was 5 years old (18 now), lol. I call it 'beginner work' because I was never trained in an arts school or whatever. I just like being self-taught, since arts schools destroy the uniqueness of your own drawing style and set you off on a new starting point. That sounds a bit akward to me, I believe in natural, untouched art. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 4:03 AM
WOW.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

VJFranzK
User

on Monday, January, 10, 2011 5:34 PM
Modesty is a good quality. ;-)
Much better then "egomania"

Nice speed art! I have subscribed.

RE: Gem ("Truly outrageous!" umm...)
Her eyes must be custom contacts,
I thought as I watched the trailer,
to have such high contrast ( and look like discs!)

My GF made some earings -
I looked at them and said - "Tron Ears"!
Because they sort of look like discs from T2L.

will post pix.

See my Channel, with Reviews of Electronic Music Gear, Visuals and High Tech Culture
www.YouTube.com/VJFranzK

neomanga
User

on Monday, January, 10, 2011 7:54 PM
Beginner is NOT the word for you! O__O Granted you are mostly self taught, but I don't think the highly ranked pros where schooled either. I"m self taught too, but learned a few good things in art class [middle school that is]. What really set's people apart in art is just how well they can manipulate lines, shades, depths, and a few other factors that don't come to mind right now.

But I'm wondering, did you look heavily at a picture while making jem, or just glanced at a picture to make sure you where getting her face and form correct? It's not wrong to look at a pic, I'm just wondering

Martificiam
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 10:50 AM
Thanks

I look at image from time to time. I have it in front of me to be able to look when I need it (the computer screen). I wouldn't call it 'often' abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art