looking for character models

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ashrond
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:21 AM
Hello all,
I’ve been perusing the forums here and enjoyed finding that this great game still has an active community. The reason for my post is that I’m looking to get my hands on the character models and skins; I hate asking like this but I’m having trouble finding a Tutorial on how exactly to extract them. So if anyone can point me in the direction of a Tutorial or if you have the files I’m looking for already extracted and feel like sharing that would be awesome too.

I’m playing around with a few programs and thought that having the Tron characters in there would be fun.

Anyway thanks for any help!

-ashrond

programlock.exe
User

RE: looking for character models

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 2:25 PM
Hello, ashrond. I had the exact same problem as you did a few day ago, so I can be of some assistance. As far as I know, no one felt like posting the tutorials on it, so I will show you how to extract them.

First thing you should do is get a REZ extractor. 7Zip should do, and if you don't have that, you may also use WinRez LT Studio. Both work wonderfully.

Second thing to do is go into your Tron 2.0 folder, and then search for the files you want. There is 6 REZ files, which I will list.
Engine.REZ,
game2.REZ,
Game.REZ,
gamep5.REZ,
gamep6.REZ,
and finally, Sound.REZ.
They all have different files, however, I am not sure which contains skins and/or models. But they are in there.

That is all you need to to to obtain the models and skins you need. Good luck on your modding.

ashrond
User

RE: looking for character models

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 8:39 AM
Thanks! i appreciate the help.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels