TRON: Evolution 
 Question About Tron: Evolution

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 6:27 PM
I was looking over some Tron Files, and I was reading Anon's, the main character's, file and

It said "Beta test version recently installed by Kevin Flynn in TC301. Currently a unique presence in system."

My question is, what does "TC301" stand for?

Is it a date? a Place?

Any help, as always, is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

ZexionVI
User

RE: Question About Tron: Evolution

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:02 PM
I think it stands for Teracycle.
So it's their unit of years.
I'm not sure about the dates in the Grid myself, I'm still trying to put everything in the real world into a definitive timeline xD.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:36 PM

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:09 PM
ZexionVI Wrote:I think it stands for Teracycle.
So it's their unit of years.
I'm not sure about the dates in the Grid myself, I'm still trying to put everything in the real world into a definitive timeline xD.

That seems likely

Did you get teracycle out of a book related to Tron?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ZexionVI
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:10 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:That seems plausible.

Did you get tetra-cycle off a book that talks about Tron?

i just found something on a Disney page
As it turns out it stands for Tron Cycles >.<
I was secretly hoping that wouldn't be what it stood for.
Give me some more time and I'll verify that's what it stands for.

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:15 PM
Tron Cycles, ey?

Funny thing is, I thought that's what It stood for, too.

Kinda lame name for a unit of time.

I liked tera-cycles better

ZexionVI
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:23 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Tron Cycles, ey?

Funny thing is, I thought that's what It stood for, too.

Kinda lame name for a unit of time.

I liked tera-cycles better

I know... me too... but frankly it'd make more sense for Tera-cycles in my opinion...

http://www.disney.co.uk/tron/media/_xml/unity_config.xml
this makes little sense though... because in the intro to Evolution it says that it was years after he made the Grid that he found the ISOs... how could it possibly be 50 TC to one year if the ISO's were found in TC29? it seems the game's intro video contradicts its own time placement in the files... am i just over-confuzing this? it's been on my mind for weeks.

typicaltronname
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:30 PM
Time in the Grid passes faster than time in real life.

There's a whole thread related to that.

Google "time dilation: tron sector" and you should find it. The search function on this site doesn't appear to work.

ZexionVI
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 9:39 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Time in the Grid passes faster than time in real life.

There's a whole thread related to that.

Google "time dilation: tron sector" and you should find it. The search function on this site doesn't appear to work.

I know, I've skimmed the thread. It's just in the beginning of Evolution Flynn says it was seven years since he created the grid and five since he found the ISOs. It says that the ISO's were found in TC29. I'm saying the site i found claims for 50 TC's theres one human year. This would make it so that they were found less than a year later. Even more to the point, in Tron: Betrayal they were found in 83 due to them being found before Sam was born. So it seems that the intro to Evolution doesn't make much sense in that respect. Thats what i've been trying to work out, sorry for the confusion.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 2:01 PM
Oh, I got ya.

Yeah, doesn't make sense at all. By basic math, the ISO's should have been found in 1984.

Who knows, maybe they were found LATE 1983, and therefore considered to be 1984.

Just a small correction, though, Kevin Flynn discovered the grid in 1982, when he was digitized by the MCP.

He created another one later on his own computer, presumably in '83.

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 2:09 PM
In the Disney official TRON: Legacy magazine it specifically states (on pages 8 & 9), that

"Grid time proceeds faster than the time in the outside world, racing at the speed of electrons, and measured in Tron Cycles. One year in the outside world equals approximately fifty Tron Cycles."

Personally I would have called them Grid Cycles or Grid Time.

It then shows a timeline (I condensed some of the descriptors down for easier reading)...

1980 - First Grid version created. Kevin Flynn hired by ENCOM. He secretly develops video games such as Light Cycles.

1981 - Dillinger steals credit for Flynn's games and gets him fired. Flynn buys and manages and old video arcade.

1982 - Flynn gets "digitalized" and transported into the Grid, events of first TRON take place.

1983 (TC -49) - Flynn takes control of Encom. Sam is born. Flynn reconstructs the Grid in the Arcade basement computer and transfers TRON to the new system. Flynn constructs CLU.

1985 (TC 100-149) Flynn spends less time on the Grid. Wife dies and Kevin has to raise Sam alone. Clu feels abandoned and betrayed by his creator.

1986 (TC 150 - 199) A conflict breaks out on the Grid. Kevin tries to get the two sides to negotiate.

1990 - 2010 (TC350 -1399) Kevin disappears and Sam is raised by his grandparents. Alan Bradley becomes father figure to Sam. Bradley appears with a message one day that will change Sam's life forever.

So that in a nutshell is what I can confirm with others about this whole "TC" thing. Hope that helps.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

ZexionVI
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 3:28 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Oh, I got ya.

Yeah, doesn't make sense at all. By basic math, the ISO's should have been found in 1984.

Who knows, maybe they were found LATE 1983, and therefore considered to be 1984.

Just a small correction, though, Kevin Flynn discovered the grid in 1982, when he was digitized by the MCP.

He created another one later on his own computer, presumably in '83.

oh yeah, my bad on that xD
i really DO know a lot of this stuff, im just horrible at wording it and get mixed up Dx
and THANK YOU ISOLINE!
helps bunches!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution