Tron 2.0 
 Tron 2.0 on Max OSX Version 10.6

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TRONtastic
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 9:14 PM
So the other day I got Tron 2.0 for the Mac delivered to my house and I was like Yay! Then I found out that as of now you can't play it on a mac with OSX version 10.6 T_T unless you had the PC version >> after reading the article on TronFAQ
After looking at the prices on Amazon I don't think I'll be getting the PC version soon D;
So....do you think someone will come up with a way to play the mac version on 10.6? Just wondering because I can wait (sort of lol)
Also does anyone know why it doesn't work?
I tried downloading Rosetta which allows you to use applications that use powerPC but that doesn't seem to work XP

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: Tron 2.0 on Max OSX Version 10.6

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 10:10 PM

Sounds to me like you have a Mac with a PowerPC processor. If that's the case, then the PC version of Tron 2.0 will not work for you. Getting the PC version to work pretty much requires an Intel processor. Rosetta is too slow to run the game well. And I don't think any other form of emulator would be fast enough, either.

You'd have to stick with the MacPlay version. Which, of course, will not work on OSX 10.6.

The MacPlay version was was not that well coded, in the sense that it used emulation techniques that simply are simply no longer compatible with Leopard and Snow Leopard.

But if I'm misinterpreting you, and you do have an Intel processor, then there are several solutions to getting the PC version of the game to run on OSX 10.6. I highlighted the free one, CXZ, on my site. But there are several other solutions: like Bootcamp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion, and Crossover.

In that case, keep an eye on Amazon.com. Eventually someone will sell a copy of Tron 2.0 PC who doesn't want to gouge people.

EDIT: For some reason, I got it backwards when it comes to Rosetta. It translates PowerPC instructions to Intel, and not vice-versa. Duh. So you do have an Intel processor, then.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRONtastic
User

RE: Tron 2.0 on Max OSX Version 10.6

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 1:49 PM
Thanks Then I'll keep checking :3

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0