Fan Fiction & Art 
 TRON table-top rpg campaign in the works

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tecknoshaman
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 8:54 AM
Hey I am not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. I am in the process designing a campaign setting for table-top rpg using a variant D20 system (D&D or more accurate Mutants and Masterminds 3e - superhero ) and needing some help. Right now I am working arenas design for both Disc Wars and Light Cycles. What need are what traps, features and/or obstacles to in the arenas for players to get pass. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Pilgrim1099
User

RE: TRON table-top rpg campaign in the works

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 12:02 PM
One idea is to look at the old ALIENS game designed by Leading Edge Games years ago. I used to have it and it was awesome where you move the marines across the board to take out aliens and make it out alive, if possible. You could borrow some elements from Palladium Games or GURPS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a licensed TRON MMORG where players create digital avatars in an online world against other programs or simply roam and live there. I would love to do something with it but am tied up with another game design gig at the moment .

Trace
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 12:20 PM
Well, on the lightcycle grid, you'd have differently skilled opponents who would be easier or harder to outmanuever...hmm...perhaps you'd need to have skills like being able to speed up, sharper turns, the ability to find levels (like in Legacy). Some lightcycle grids could be flat only like the original. Teaming up against an opponent could give more damage, or enhance skills--and of course that would be the same for the opponents. A "rogue" type character could be the one who can see or "unlock" the levels for other players. A fighter could pull tricks like Clu did when he clocked that one program and then sent both program and cycle into the wall.

For Disk Wars...hmmm...seems like a typical one-on-one combat fight. Perhaps two-disk fighting as an earned skill. You could also have enemies who can kind of conjur the fighting cell outside the arena, effectively isolating a character from their group and forcing them to fight alone while their party attempts to break through/unlock the cell and help. The cells themselves could have different wall strengths.

Users could be your "wizard' type...though we have yet to see a user actually die in the computer world. Oh, wait. Flynn died, didn't he? Or is that still up in the air? I hope so!

Sounds like a fun idea! I'd want to play!

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 1:45 PM
There are two different styles of arenas for Disc Wars. The first is every battle leading up to the final one, which is when the arena takes on its second style. The first style is two separate platforms with a ceiling and walls on all sides except the one facing the enemy player. Discs can bounce off of the wall or ceiling and always return to their thrower. The floor consists of several hexagonal segments that will derezz when hit with any disc. When a player is defeated, the boxes shift so that two more players battle. When only two players remain, the arena shifts into its second form.

The arena's second form is enclosed on all sides except the bottom, so players can fall down. The ceiling also consists of hexes that, like the floor in form 1, can be derezzed by any disc. On the bottom, rather than the entire arena being an open void, there is a solid section of floor that runs around the outer edge of the arena. There are several paths that go upwards to the center. None of these paths can be derezzed by discs. The second arena also reverses gravity every several seconds. This is indicated by a circle with an arrow in it that rotates like a clock hand. When the arrow is pointing up, the gravity pulls the combatants up, and when the arrow is pointing down, the gravity pulls the combatants down. The arrow, to my knowledge, does not stop moving. A Dsomething role combined with an awareness modifier could be used to determine if a player realizes the shift in gravity or not (ends up like Rinzler or Sam).

Hope that helps! order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

tecknoshaman
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 2:34 PM
That's kinda cool, keep em coming, need more

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2011 8:38 PM
In lightcycles you could do a roll combined with some kind of modifier to determine if you can do certain moves. It's possible to jump off your cycle, jump over a trail, and rezz back onto your cycle. Success in this maneuver would be determined by a dice roll or a number of coin flips based on a modifier (ex: if dexterity modifier

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art