Fan Fiction & Art 
 What car would Sam have?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Kat
User

What car would Sam have?

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 9:10 PM
What sort of car do you suppose Sam would drive? (this is for a fan-fic; now that he's running the company, Alan says he's got to "get respectable" and find a real apartment and get a car.)

I can't decide. On one hand, I could put him in something nice, though not too flashy. Not even sure I'd go so far as BMW or Audi, unless maybe a couple years old and not one of the higher models.

On the other hand, I could put him in something benign--not a beater, mind you, but nothing great--just something he'd pick up without putting much thought or effort into it, just so he could say "look, here, I have a car, happy?"

What do you think?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

typicaltronname
User

RE: What car would Sam have?

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 9:18 PM
He strikes me as a Truck kind of guy.

Like a 1996 Dodge Ram.

But If you need it to be a car, I would say a kind beat up Muscle car. Not early muscle cars mind you, like at least 1968+

Like a matted dark grey 1970 Challenger. Or a dark green 1968 Mustang

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CB2001
User

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 11:27 PM
A 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 seems like the kind of thing he'd drive, especially with the rear jacked up, muscle car rims and the engine tuned for some serious speed.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 3:24 AM
I can see the 68 Mustang idea, but it'd have to be a variant. There's a '68 out in my garage, and it just doesn't seem too badass. However, a 68 Shelby, primer gray... that strikes me as very Sam. Half-finished project look, like his Dumont garage apartment.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Kat
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 1:17 PM
Hrm, I wasn't seeing Sam as a vintage car guy; I was thinking few-years-old M3 or something perhaps...abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 1:48 PM
That's too clean and sparkly for him. He's cool, but look at his motorcycle: a vintage Ducati. It's shiny, but in an older way. He lives in a shipping container :P He's not a Mazda guy.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

CB2001
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 2:38 PM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:I can see the 68 Mustang idea, but it'd have to be a variant. There's a '68 out in my garage, and it just doesn't seem too badass. However, a 68 Shelby, primer gray... that strikes me as very Sam. Half-finished project look, like his Dumont garage apartment.

But the problem with using a Mustang, especially a '68, it's become iconic in film with movies like "Bullitt" and the 2000 remake of "Gone in 60 Seconds." And before you say, "CB2001, you used a Mustang in your fan fic," I should point out that I used a particular year model that hasn't become popular in film for the car Jet drives in the story I written. If a Mustang is going to be used, the year models that need to be avoided would be between '64 1/2- '68 and the 1973 (including Fastbacks, Shelby and Mach 1s), because people would automatically think of movies like "U-Turn", "Goldfinger", "Bullitt", the remake of "Gone in 60 Seconds" and the original 1974 film "Gone in 60 Seconds." If Sam is going to drive a Mustang, avoid the colors red, green, dark green, white, silver, gray, nickle and yellow.

That's why I chose the '65 Ford Galaxie 500, primarily because that particular model and make hasn't been featured as an iconic vehicle in any film or TV show, thus you can avoid the vehicle being linked to another fictional work.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 2:41 PM
CB2001 Wrote:
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:I can see the 68 Mustang idea, but it'd have to be a variant. There's a '68 out in my garage, and it just doesn't seem too badass. However, a 68 Shelby, primer gray... that strikes me as very Sam. Half-finished project look, like his Dumont garage apartment.

But the problem with using a Mustang, especially a '68, it's become iconic in film with movies like "Bullitt" and the 2000 remake of "Gone in 60 Seconds." And before you say, "CB2001, you used a Mustang in your fan fic," I should point out that I used a particular year model that hasn't become popular in film for the car Jet drives in the story I written. If a Mustang is going to be used, the year models that need to be avoided would be between '64 1/2- '68 and the 1973 (including Fastbacks, Shelby and Mach 1s), because people would automatically think of movies like "U-Turn", "Goldfinger", "Bullitt", the remake of "Gone in 60 Seconds" and the original 1974 film "Gone in 60 Seconds." If Sam is going to drive a Mustang, avoid the colors red, green, dark green, white, silver, gray, nickle and yellow.

That's why I chose the '65 Ford Galaxie 500, primarily because that particular model and make hasn't been featured as an iconic vehicle in any film or TV show, thus you can avoid the vehicle being linked to another fictional work.

Your words, sir, are cruel. I feel as if I've been stabbed.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CB2001
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 2:51 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Your words, sir, are cruel. I feel as if I've been stabbed.

Sorry. I didn't mean to be blunt in relation to anyone. It's just that if you're going to go with a car, it's best to avoid the typical models. Sam's Ducati Sport 1000 is the only one I've seen in any film before. Though there are other Ducatis that show up in film and TV shows, this is, as far as I know, the first time the Sport 1000 has turned up in any film or TV production, thus making it rather unique.

Having Sam driving a Mustang, or a Challenger, or even a '96 Dodge Ram causes people to think of other films and TV shows they've been in. It's just how the mind works.

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 2:53 PM
CB2001 Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:Your words, sir, are cruel. I feel as if I've been stabbed.

Sorry. I didn't mean to be blunt in relation to anyone. It's just that if you're going to go with a car, it's best to avoid the typical models. Sam's Ducati Sport 1000 is the only one I've seen in any film before. Though there are other Ducatis that show up in film and TV shows, this is, as far as I know, the first time the Sport 1000 has turned up in any film or TV production, thus making it rather unique.

Having Sam driving a Mustang, or a Challenger, or even a '96 Dodge Ram causes people to think of other films and TV shows they've been in. It's just how the mind works.

Very true... the '96 Dodge was in Twister. I love that movie.

And no worries, I was only kidding in my previous post.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 12:24 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:That's too clean and sparkly for him. He's cool, but look at his motorcycle: a vintage Ducati. It's shiny, but in an older way. He lives in a shipping container :P He's not a Mazda guy.

Um...an M3 is a BMW...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/BMW_M3_coupe_E46.jpg

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 12:41 AM
I... I knew that...

For some reason the picture that appeared in my head was a Mazda MX series...abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 6:17 AM
Yeah, I can't see him in a Mazda either...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Outamyhead
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 2:25 AM
How about an late 80's early 90's Camaro or a Porsche Carerra/Targa?

Kat
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 12:19 PM
I dunno. Porsche is too flashy for sure (also, to work for my story it needs to be something with a backseat). Camaro seems to me to be too....I dunno, I don't see Sam as *that type* of hotshot. Bit too "ricer," I guess. Camaro makes me think of 80s-movie meatheads.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Outamyhead
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 9:32 PM
Do want an old American Junker or something that's kind of cheap European, like a late 90's early 2000 BMW 3 series.

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 9:38 PM
With his money....Anything he wants pretty much. I could see him doing something green though, like a totally electric. Maybe he would get a Tesla roadster. Or if he cheaps out and goes foreign, a Nissan Leaf.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 9:40 PM
How about a 1968 Dodge D100. That truck rules! My pop has one. It's a two-seater, but, you can write in that it has a camper. I love that truck.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2011 7:15 PM
I don't think I want old. And for some reason, silver sticks in my head as a color. I'm still leaning toward an M3 the most, I guess. I don't think I'd put him a 3-series...too common. And that year would put him in the E36, which doesn't really scream "Sam" to me, a bit too old perhaps (also, my partner drives a green E36 3-series, so it would be way too weird for Sam to have one too; I wouldn't be able to help but write my partner's car into the story, lol, and it would feel like another character almost). I mean, I don't have to describe the car if I don't want to--at this point I haven't--but since the story is from the viewpoint of someone who hasn't seen Sam in several years, it'd be nice to help out Sam's character description using the car, hence why I'm thinking about it so strongly.

I could perhaps be convinced to go with an Audi of some sort. Oh, or maybe a Mitsubishi? I could see him in the Eclipse (not the convertible).

Yeah, I think I like it, at least as far as looks. Here's an '05 (I don't think I want to put him in brand-new). I like this color of the one in this first pic, too:
http://image.importtuner.com/f/TRE27/9824099+w450+h338+cr0+re1+ar1/2005-mitsubishi-eclipse-very-stock-looking.jpg
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/04detroit/0401_2005_mitsubishi_eclipse_concept_e/photo_01.html
http://www.news-blogs.com/_images/auto/mitsubishi_eclipse_2006.jpgabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Cellien
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 11:42 AM
Delorean. lol. (kidding)

No really... It seems you gotta have a muscle car in a movie to be cool so I'm sure that is probably the most fitting/appealing. I love muscle cars but sometimes I feel they are overused in movies, however I think it fits his character best despite me wanting to see something more modern in there.

He is rich though so I could see even something like an Audi R8.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 What car would Sam have?