Propaganda Games closed by Disney

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 3:28 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/19/propaganda-games-shuttered/#comments
"Disney Interactive Studios confirms the closure of its Vancouver-based internal game development studio, Propaganda Games. The studio has completed all work associated with its most recent project."

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

typicaltronname
User

RE: Propaganda Games closed by Disney

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 3:34 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/19/propaganda-games-shuttered/#comments
"Disney Interactive Studios confirms the closure of its Vancouver-based internal game development studio, Propaganda Games. The studio has completed all work associated with its most recent project."

OOOOH! That hurts. I wanted more DLC for the Game. Looks like this is all we'll ever get.

Aww. Man, this blows.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 6:40 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:It's possible that Disney will hire some other studio to do DLC for the game instead. Propaganda Games can't be the only developer they work with.

From what I understand, Propaganda was their primary in-house developer.

PSN - TRON-dll

Nar78
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 6:52 PM
What?! Does this really mean we wont be seeing anymore new DLC's??
If so, this totally blows.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 7:06 PM
Nar78 Wrote:What?! Does this really mean we wont be seeing anymore new DLC's??
If so, this totally blows.

Not entirely sure. Propaganda said that they had finished all of their work for the game, which could have included multiple DLC packages.

PSN - TRON-dll

binaryzero
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 1:12 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:Not entirely sure. Propaganda said that they had finished all of their work for the game, which could have included multiple DLC packages.

I hope so, as a skin package would be easy to do. but i gotta say the new maps are just beautiful looking, hopefully there is more in waiting.

the sad ironic bit is the propaganda site has job openings listed.

Re-Rez-Ram
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 10:44 AM
binaryzero Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:Not entirely sure. Propaganda said that they had finished all of their work for the game, which could have included multiple DLC packages.

I hope so, as a skin package would be easy to do. but i gotta say the new maps are just beautiful looking, hopefully there is more in waiting.

the sad ironic bit is the propaganda site has job openings listed.

I agree that the new maps are indeed gorgeous. It's a shame that we might not see anything from here on out but I sure am glad we got the new ones before they were disbanded.

jonwes
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 11:26 AM
I'm still hoping they got some more work done already. The rumors I'd heard of what they were planning sounded really fun.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 11:32 AM
I feel sorry for those who are losing their jobs... and their families. That sucks. So the personal aspect is tough for me to take, especially after meeting a couple of them before.

But from the business side, with Propaganda being a developer of games, I thought Turok could have been a lot better... and the videos of Tron Evolution don't appeal to me nearly as much as I'd prefer. (Including some gameplay sequences I've played.) It's just not my gameplay style or the level of quality I look for in games these days.

I still look forward to playing Tron Evolution when the prices drop considerably, but I can't justify spending $35-$65 (tax incl.) on a game that I know I won't enjoy nearly as much as I'd like.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

ChessMess
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 11:53 AM
So much for more Tron Evolution related content.

Re-Rez-Ram
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 12:29 PM
Traahn Wrote:I still look forward to playing Tron Evolution when the prices drop considerably, but I can't justify spending $35-$65 (tax incl.) on a game that I know I won't enjoy nearly as much as I'd like.

Don't sell it short without playing it. Being a diehard Tron fan does help the gameplay in my opinion. The multiplayer light cycle battles alone are worth the price of the game.

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 1:02 PM
I just want to know....Are the PC players ever gonna get the new maps? Anyone?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 1:05 PM
Traahn Wrote:I still look forward to playing Tron Evolution when the prices drop considerably, but I can't justify spending $35-$65 (tax incl.) on a game that I know I won't enjoy nearly as much as I'd like.

Would you consider $30 cheaper than $35? You can get the PC version for that much at Best Buy, sometimes $20 on Amazon.

Re-Rez-Ram Wrote:Don't sell it short without playing it. Being a diehard Tron fan does help the gameplay in my opinion. The multiplayer light cycle battles alone are worth the price of the game.

Sorry, but I honestly don't think the lightcycles (in single and multiplayer) were that great in the PC/PS3/360 version. The handling just felt weird. If you're in the market for a great Legacy lightcycles game, get the iPhone, PSP, or Wii version.

PSN - TRON-dll

BrathAttack
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 1:58 PM
Well that sucks for any future DLC content...and of course the employees that got laid off.

Welcome to the Grid Program.
End of Line

jonwes
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 2:01 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:

Would you consider $30 cheaper than $35? You can get the PC version for that much at Best Buy, sometimes $20 on Amazon.

Re-Rez-Ram Wrote:Don't sell it short without playing it. Being a diehard Tron fan does help the gameplay in my opinion. The multiplayer light cycle battles alone are worth the price of the game.

Sorry, but I honestly don't think the lightcycles (in single and multiplayer) were that great in the PC/PS3/360 version. The handling just felt weird. If you're in the market for a great Legacy lightcycles game, get the iPhone, PSP, or Wii version.

I didn't much like the Light Cycle in single player but I LOVE playing them in multiplayer. It's just really exciting to be cruising along, making 90 degree turns, faking another player out before you make a curve and then jumping off and derezzing them with your hard disc. I just don't know if I could have asked for more when it comes to the mulitplayer.... although Light Jets would be cool. I had heard they might have been a part of a future DLC.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Nar78
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 2:09 PM
this is a major bummer. Here I was thinking we'd eventually get more content which satisfied my having to spend full retail price for this shortly after it was released.

This game may not last very much anymore. I can see players online getting bored if not already, of the same ol' maps. Same ol' skins.

CaptainCR
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 4:19 PM
a friend of mine who called propaganda earlier today was told to contact disney interactive..he said that disney interactive themselves said there would still be DLC in the future for TRON EVOLUTIONabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

CaptainCR
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 4:22 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:

sorry but no, the other versions of TRON EVOLUTION don't hold a candle to the PS3 and XBox 360 version....graphics wise, gameplay wise, and just over all quality wise.

I honestly can't see how the handling of the light cycles feels weird in single player or multiplayer..then again which light cycle do you sue for multiplayer? each type of cycle (gen 2, gen 4 and gen 5) feels different.
gen 2 and gen 5 feel the best. and when u lear all the different things and controls you can do for light cycles it becomes REAAAALLLYY fun on multiplayer.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Re-Rez-Ram
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 4:27 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:when u learn all the different things and controls you can do for light cycles it becomes REAAAALLLYY fun on multiplayer.

I wholeheartedly agree! Multiplayer has been a blast these past few weeks I have been on the grid.

Nar78
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 6:12 PM
I agree too. I absolutely LOVE playing multiplayer, especially with the light cycles. Feels like youre in the movie. I use the pc version and I'm running this game with a crossfire set up.
2 HD 4870s, 1GB + 512mb Toxic Vapor cards and an old Core 2 Duo processor at 3.9Ghz.
I use my ATI Catalyst control panel to up the AA to 8x to remove any jagged edges at 1920 x 1080 resolution and let me tell ya's, it looks incredible!

Well, I do hope they continue to support this game because contrary to the critics, this game is very enjoyable, even for a movie tie in game. Ive had worst experiences with critically acclaimed games in the past. Go figure. Its always best to try something before believing other's opinions.
Unfortunately, I think all the bashing is what made the sales for this game, bomb more than it should have.
It's no 2.0 but its still pretty fun.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution