TRON: Evolution 
 Anyone Played in 3D? I have!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Cellien
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 1:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone else out there plays the game in 3D. I am running on PC w/ Nvidia 3D Vision glasses on a 3D projector. Wife loves watching me play because we get to experience The Grid at home.

The depth in this game is reeeeally good once you mess with the convergence settings. Only issues is some light halos do not render properly in 3D. Not that noticeable most of the time. The last level when you are in the outlands looks incredible in 3D with all the rain.

I have beat the game but I did so on a local Live account and I lost my saves when I did some computer upgrades. However, now I'm playing through it again with it linked to my Live account and you actually get Xbox Live achievements. Pretty cool.

Nar78
User

RE: Anyone Played in 3D? I have!

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 2:06 PM
Sweet man! I've heard complaints about frame rate drop in 3d but I wondered if it had to do anything with the power of the CPU and GPU installed.
Just last night, I installed the newest Catalyst drivers for my Crossfire set up and man, it made a whopping difference in Tron Evolution at really high Catalyst 3D settings. It's crazy how great it looks!
Some day, I will pick up a 3D ready monitor. I'd love to try the 3D effects for this game!
Glad it worked out great for ya.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

Cellien
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 2:26 PM
Thanks!

I experienced performance issues at first but there's a known bug with 3D Vision with a setting about forcing a 3D crosshair. I disabled that and I get silky smooth performance.

My system is far from great... :P
Core 2 Quad
Geforce 8800 GTS
4gb RAM

Only runs at 1024x768 since that is what my projector does 120hz/3D at. I can't seem to force AA from the Nvidia control panel though... Still looks amazing! I tried to play it in 2D after playing it in 3D. ...couldn't for long! :P

CaptainCR
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 3:24 PM
wonder if it loosk as good on PS3 3D

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Cellien
User

on Thursday, January, 27, 2011 5:12 PM
I dunno... I can't test it. I have a PS3 but 1.) 3D Vision glasses don't work with PS3 and 2.) My projector isn't compatible with PS3's 3D output.

recognizerpilot
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 2:24 AM
I have a PS3 and a Panasonic THP50VT20Z 3D plasma. When I first got Evo I tried it in 3D but wasn't impressed....after messing with convergence settings I played the last hour or so in 3D and it was awesome! I don't know if multiplayer would be any good but the story in 3D is wicked fun.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Zac in NZ

Cellien
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 10:39 AM
Nice! I am surprised you can mess with the convergence on the PS3! I did the same thing though. I played through about half of the game before I set the convergence correctly and was only mildly impressed. After messing with it though it's damn awesome.

getaclu
User

on Saturday, February, 12, 2011 9:20 PM
I'm wondering... are the cutscenes in 3D? Also I've heard only the single player is in 3D and not the multiplayer... is this true?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Nar78
User

on Sunday, February, 13, 2011 5:50 PM
I've read from various sources that the cut scenes are unfortunately not in 3D.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

Cellien
User

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2011 1:46 PM
The cutscenes are definitely not 3D. Multiplayer is 3D, at least on PC. There's really no way it wouldn't be considering how the nvidia stereo driver works.

LadyTron
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 8:05 PM
I've played on 3D with the PS3 game on a Panasonic 3D tv. The cut-scenes are not in 3D which really stinks, but that's a minor issue. I'm enjoying it in 3D though.

"Throw Your Frisbees in the Air!"

Cellien
User

on Tuesday, March, 01, 2011 3:15 PM
Cool! If you can do this on a PS3, I'd adjust the convergence so that there's more depth. A few people (including myself) on PC and another person on PS3 noted the convergence is set so that the 3D effect is pretty mild by default.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution