TRON: Evolution 
 Is the PSP version any good?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Gigs
User

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 10:57 PM
I've been thinking about getting the PSP version of Tron Evolution since it has some of the same Grid games as the wii. Has anyone else here played it and can tell me if it's any good or not?

TRON.dll
User

RE: Is the PSP version any good?

on Friday, January, 28, 2011 11:18 PM
Gigs Wrote:I've been thinking about getting the PSP version of Tron Evolution since it has some of the same Grid games as the wii. Has anyone else here played it and can tell me if it's any good or not?

I've seen and played it, and I would not recommend it. The game is fun, the controls are good, and the graphics are pretty nice, but it is very limited on content.

For the same experience, get the $1 iPhone/iPod Touch version.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

getaclu
User

on Saturday, January, 29, 2011 7:44 AM
I own it and I like it alot. It has the look and feel of legacy. Some battles can be harder than others. The game can be very unforgiving. In terms of content there is the following:

*disc battles/maze-which consist of either flip kicking your opponent or throwing the disc. The disc will bounce off the walls and come back to you. you can block shots with your disc. There are several different arenas for this and several different powerups you can use. You can also unlock CLU, TRON, and The Sentry to use in Quickplay.

*disc battles/maze gauntlet-you use your disc skills to get from point a to point b. extra points are given for stealth kills on the Sentrys. These levels include the hacking mini game.

*light cycle arena-basically like all the other games you race around and try and cut the other opponents off with your light trail. The bikes act like regular bikes and you cannot do the 90 degree turns in this mode, which totally sucks! There are several different powerups you can use. There are some cool arenas you can use. The stadium arena is the closest to LEGACY with its multiple levels of play! You can unlock the LEGACY light cycle, FLYNN'S light cycle, and the original Classic TRON light cycle to use in this mode!

*light cycle grid-this is classic old school TRON light cycle 90 degree only battles. No powerups, no bull, just a whole lot of light cycles making light trails. Don't get caught in the maze! You can use any of the unlockable bikes in this mode.

*light cycle race-standard racing, with no 90 degree cut offs. you can use powerups and the unlockable bikes.

*tank battles-old school style tank vs tank battles. there are several powerups you can use on your opponents. there are also different unlockables such as LONG TURRET and CLU'S DOUBLE BARREL TURRET.

*recognizers-you use the gun turrets on a recognizer that flies around different parts of the city. you do not control its flight (which is sad). you try and destroy everything on the screen before it lands again.

*hacking-this is probably the lamest part of the whole game. it consists of a knock off tetris style color matching game set to a time limit.

As far as story goes, the intro is pretty awesome because it starts out in 1985 when Flynn is still perfecting his version of the Grid and giving TRON and Beta (you) assignments and tests to run. You then enter a tournament and play all these games. When you get to the elimination round the rules are alot more strict. You get one shot to beat every game in the round, if you fail, you have to start them all over again. When you get to the final round (tank battle against CLU) TRON tells you how great you are and tells you that CLU has never been beaten. If you beat CLU, you see FLYNN come out and reward you with his lightcycle.

All in all it is very fun, and can be a little frustrating. Check Youtube for some video so you can see what your getting into. Hope this gives you an idea.

Jalen
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 11:51 AM
For completist's sake, I really want both the PSP and DS games. This would then require me to own the systems as well though....and that's a lotta money...

I have thoroughly enjoyed the PS3 and Wii games though...I guess I'm more curious about the DS game, because it's story mode sounds more elaborate...order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Cellien
User

on Wednesday, February, 02, 2011 3:59 PM
Supposedly the iOS version is a slightly scaled back version of the PSP game ...for a buck. I have it, it's ok but I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars. It's not terribly fun. Pretty though.

There is a free 2D Tron game on iOS that I think is better.

Gigs
User

on Wednesday, February, 09, 2011 4:27 AM
Cellien Wrote:Supposedly the iOS version is a slightly scaled back version of the PSP game ...for a buck. I have it, it's ok but I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars. It's not terribly fun. Pretty though.

There is a free 2D Tron game on iOS that I think is better.

Scaled back like 2 games out of the dozen or so.

Well, I ended up buying the game anyway, and he's my impressions.

There's no real story to the game. There's some interactive story at the beginning, but then it turns into a free mode but with unlockables. However, there's in infiltrate game that really makes me think this was supposed to be a fully fledged out game with a more full story, but they ran out of time. I mean, why would you have an infiltration contest.

I love classic light cycle grid! Straight out of the old tron. I even made Tron smash into my light wall. That felt great! Now about the other two Light Cycle modes....

Light Cycle arena is too easy. I merely run around the arena, going back and fourth and the other cycles are practically magnets to my light wall. Add the power up, and it's too easy to win.

Then there's the Light Cycle Races which is just the opposite. It's impossible to win! You can boost all you want but the rubberband A.I. will pass you. It's worse when Tron is racing cuz he'll beat you every time.

Tanks is okay. There's a deathmatch mode and King of the Hill, but if Clu's involved, forget about it. He's got two turrets on his tank vs. your one. The best strategy is to go for the other tanks and avoid him. Also, pressing L and R to move the turret doesn't work that good.

I liked the Recognizer shooter gallery. It's a fun deviation from the rest of the game.

Disc Arena is okay. Just a deathmatch brawler. The infiltration mode is more fun and interesting. Even if it does fell like it was taken out from an unfinished version of the full game, but I digress.

Overall, I'd probably give the game a 6/10 the minigames are pretty good (especially Light Cycle Grid), but Light Cycle Race is impossible and the story mode barely has a story.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Cellien
User

on Wednesday, February, 09, 2011 8:53 AM
The cycle races on the iOS version are also impossible after a while. Lame..

Derwin555
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 9:25 PM
getaclu Wrote:I own it and I like it alot. It has the look and feel of legacy. Some battles can be harder than others. The game can be very unforgiving. In terms of content there is the following:

*disc battles/maze-which consist of either flip kicking your opponent or throwing the disc. The disc will bounce off the walls and come back to you. you can block shots with your disc. There are several different arenas for this and several different powerups you can use. You can also unlock CLU, TRON, and The Sentry to use in Quickplay.

*disc battles/maze gauntlet-you use your disc skills to get from point a to point b. extra points are given for stealth kills on the Sentrys. These levels include the hacking mini game.

*light cycle arena-basically like all the other games you race around and try and cut the other opponents off with your light trail. The bikes act like regular bikes and you cannot do the 90 degree turns in this mode, which totally sucks! There are several different powerups you can use. There are some cool arenas you can use. The stadium arena is the closest to LEGACY with its multiple levels of play! You can unlock the LEGACY light cycle, FLYNN'S light cycle, and the original Classic TRON light cycle to use in this mode!

*light cycle grid-this is classic old school TRON light cycle 90 degree only battles. No powerups, no bull, just a whole lot of light cycles making light trails. Don't get caught in the maze! You can use any of the unlockable bikes in this mode.

*light cycle race-standard racing, with no 90 degree cut offs. you can use powerups and the unlockable bikes.

*tank battles-old school style tank vs tank battles. there are several powerups you can use on your opponents. there are also different unlockables such as LONG TURRET and CLU'S DOUBLE BARREL TURRET.

*recognizers-you use the gun turrets on a recognizer that flies around different parts of the city. you do not control its flight (which is sad). you try and destroy everything on the screen before it lands again.

*hacking-this is probably the lamest part of the whole game. it consists of a knock off tetris style color matching game set to a time limit.

As far as story goes, the intro is pretty awesome because it starts out in 1985 when Flynn is still perfecting his version of the Grid and giving TRON and Beta (you) assignments and tests to run. You then enter a tournament and play all these games. When you get to the elimination round the rules are alot more strict. You get one shot to beat every game in the round, if you fail, you have to start them all over again. When you get to the final round (tank battle against CLU) TRON tells you how great you are and tells you that CLU has never been beaten. If you beat CLU, you see FLYNN come out and reward you with his lightcycle.

All in all it is very fun, and can be a little frustrating. Check Youtube for some video so you can see what your getting into. Hope this gives you an idea.

Is Clu the last guy? I really hope not. I was looking forward to this being like the main console version...

getaclu
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 9:37 PM
Yeah CLU is the main guy you have to defeat.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Argent
User

on Friday, February, 25, 2011 8:08 PM
I picked up the PSP version the day it was released. The way it's broken down into various types of challenges reminded me of the classic Tron coin-op, in a good way. The biggest problem the game has, as other people have mentioned, is that it's a little light on content - I managed to complete the story mode and unlock everything within a couple of days. There's multiplayer, but it's ad-hoc (local) only - if it had supported online play, I'd probably still be playing regularly.

I'd say that it's good, but not $29.99 good. Pick it up when the price drops to $15-20 and you'll get your money's worth.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution