TRON: Evolution 
 Is it me or..

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Thin_icE
User

Is it me or..

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 12:16 PM
...Tron Evolution's got nothing on Tron 2.0?

Seriously, I just tried the game, started playing and immediatly lost interest, the weird camera angles, the run/jump/run/jump and click away fighting totally lost me.

Am I the only one to think that Tron 2.0 is immensely better than this one?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: Is it me or..

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 12:43 PM

Nope. You're definitely not alone. I don't think Evolution is very good, either.

I've read over 30 reviews on Evolution. The majority mention and compare 2.0 to Evo, saying 2.0 was the better game.

And I've been reading forum discussions on many sites such as NeoGAF, QuartertoThree, Penny Arcade, etc. Same thing there. Almost everyone thinks 2.0 was better.

Even a number of my friends, who are fellow fans, don't like Evo. It's not just us (you and myself).

I will give Evolution credit where it's due. It is a gorgeous game, the music is good (though I'm not sure it quite fits the Tron universe), and the multiplayer is at least decent. That's where my praise ends, though.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Thin_icE
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 1:14 PM
Good to know I'm not alone in this. To be fair, I was fearing that the community here would be on their knees for the new game, I'm glad to see that this is a community with standards. We love Tron, but not just any Tron.

That said, I'm installing KA and downloading the maps to see if I finally will be able to play the multiplayer, I've bought the game with this purpose on ebay a year ago and still haven't played a single multiplayer game...

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 1:22 PM
I've never played Tron 2.0 myself. I would like to buy it, but every copy I find is overpriced, and I don't want to cave and get a pirated version.

I can get it online for free and somewhat legally, ONLY IF the game is considered "abandonware"

For those of you that don't know, abandonware can be a discontinued game that is no longer supported by the developer.

Like Star Wars computer games from the early 90's, those are no longer supported by LuicasArts, and are considered abandonware.

And what I mean by "somewhat legally" is that downloading these games can be considered copyright infringement, *but* companies rarely enforce their "abandonware" rights.

Along with the thread, Tron: Evolution is the only official Tron game I have ever played.

So I don't know if Tron 2.0 is better. All I know, is that the events in that game are no longer canon, but I'd still like a shot at it.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Cellien
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 2:17 PM
I never completed Tron 2.0 but I remember thinking it was boring at times, a bit run of the mill. I think Evolution suffers from a similar problem (as well as some glitches) however I feel like it does a better job keeping you entertained enough to get through it (a product of widespread ADD gamers like myself??? - possibly! :P ). I haven't played T2.0 in a very long time though.

Nar78
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 5:26 PM
Tron 2.0. While it is a deeper and longer game than Tron Evolution, no doubt, it was also slightly a boring experience for me to be honest. While some parts were very cool and digitally dreamy, some parts were just as tedious or repetitious as Tron Evolution.
I can see this game being perfect for Tron purists though. Because it really does pay homage to the original movie with it's basic grid graphics and the SFX/music as well.
Tron 2.0 does feel like it came right after the first movie, right before getting into Tron Evo. Heh, you can run Tron 2.0 on a basic machine with a basic video card without much trouble. The texture maps it uses are very small in size due to its basic design nature.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Tron 2.0 and like going back to it every time i feel like going retro. But today, I'm still stuck on Tron Evo. So I may be the minority here in this sense.

If you're a Tron fan, I think both games are safe to own. I mean you gotta have 'em.
Don't worry about reviews. Just play the game yourself and see if you like it.
I read all the negative reviews and honestly, I love the friggin game. Running and jumping, button mashing, blasting through with my light cycle while rockin' Daft Punk and drooling over the graphics, is not an issue with me.

It's not a perfect game and it may have some bugs which I've yet to experience any so far, but it has me coming back for more every day.
Especially the multiplayer games! Tron Evos multiplayer shreds 2.0 for the simple fact that there's hardly every ANY gamers on 2.0 servers which is very sad. Because 2.0 offers some reeaally cool grid matches. If 2.0 servers were chalked full of players today, I'd be certain I'd play more 2.0 today than I do Evolution. But.. that's the way the digitally cookie crumbles. Out with the old, in with the new as they say.

PS. Tron 2.0 has a much cooler looking package! haha!

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

CaptainCR
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 5:37 PM
honestly it's slightly unfiar to compare the 2,yes they are both TRON games but the major differences are :
Evolution is canon and is actually has FLYNN in it, while 2.) is about Alan and Jet.

2.0 is set in the world of the old server, while Evolution is on the new server.

2.0 is a first person shooter style game, while Evolution is third person.

Evolution makes it possible to have online matches with even MORE ppl than 2.0 it seems.

list goes. on.

IMHO while 2.0 may be a great game, I honestly feel Evolution is better.

storywise, graphics wise, music wise, voice acting wise, and gameplay wisewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

IsoLine
User

on Friday, February, 04, 2011 5:39 PM
I personally love both. TRON 2.0 was such a unbelievable gift from Disney at a time when I thought no one was going to ever revive the series. What I am not happy with TRON 2.0 (and this is not the games fault) for is Buena Vista Interactive pooping out on the game. I think they could have supported it a bit better and possibly added mods to it to keep it fresh. They created such a hoopla around the game it just seemed a shame it got abandoned by them once the initial sales cycle was through.

TRON Evolution was another gift if you ask me because I personally love the gameplay and as a PC user, we don't get a whole lot of XBOX style platformer games like this. I found it challenging and sometimes fustrating but never "unfun". That and I love going on the grid and fighting against flesh and blood players like I'm in the new movie.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Is it me or..