Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Playing Tron Evolution (PC) movie soundtrack whilst playing the game - The experience

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nar78
User

Playing Tron Evolution (PC) movie soundtrack whilst playing the game - The experience

on Saturday, February, 12, 2011 6:34 PM
Hey guys, so I'm not sure if any of you have already done something like this. About a few weeks back I decided to turn my iTunes on and play the movie sountrack in the background while playing the online grid matches. I tuned the volume perfectly so its not too loud but not too silent so it merged with the grid matches perfectly.
Noticing that the grid matches had no music what so ever, it got a little boring, especially the lightcycle maps where all you hear is a continuous sound similar to air blowing in a tube straight to your ears.

Man, playing the soundtrack while playing the grid matches is an AWESOME experience. Just letting it play and have the album loop. It really changed the experience. Especially when "Derrezed" came on during my lightcycle match. It made it more exciting.
You can simply lower the in game music so all you get is the SFX and dialogue.
I also tried this during the Story mode and it made it pretty interesting.

Just thought I'd share this tidbit.

PS. You may need a decent processor that can handle multiple programs run at once.
I'm using a Core 2 Duo set at 3.9 Ghz. This doesn't mess with my gaming what so ever.
And no its not the same blasting the soundtrack on a stereo sitting behind you while you play. You have to have the music travel through the same channel as the game sounds so it sounds like its fused.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

psyence53
User

RE: Playing Tron Evolution (PC) movie soundtrack whilst playing the game - The experience

on Saturday, February, 12, 2011 7:33 PM
That's a good idea. Especially online, when you have some people with their mics turned on - either annoying voices/jerky sound/background noise/ALL... it's a pain. I'm going to try that, but with the CD on a portable or on the DVD player or something. Daren't push my laptop too far, but the Daft Punk soundtrack is so perfect, I imagine it would liven things up a bit. Thanks for sharing!

Cellien
User

RE: Playing Tron Evolution (PC) movie soundtrack whilst playing the game - The experience

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2011 1:50 PM
Hey that's a pretty good idea! I guess on Xbox you could do the same thing loading up your own soundtrack from the Xbox Guide.

Nar78
User

on Thursday, February, 17, 2011 6:00 AM
Cellien Wrote:Hey that's a pretty good idea! I guess on Xbox you could do the same thing loading up your own soundtrack from the Xbox Guide.

That's awesome man. I wish all games had this option. I could think of a few games I would love to make changes to the soundtrack.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution