Kevin & Sam story (tribute video clip)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
teknosexual
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 6:38 AM
Greetings programs.

First of all, since this is my first and not the last post on the forum, I want to say I'm a huge fan of Tron franchise.
The first time I saw Tron long time ago, I was like this is too awesome for tv. I've finished Tron: Evolution on all difficult levels and I was amazed with graphics in it as well as in the movie. I've seen Tron:Legacy a couple of times and today I ordered BluRay version.

I heard and read a lot of negative reviews of the film concerning acting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STmX6lPPj7E

As you can see in my video cut, I've proofed them wrong.

Scenes are from Tron: Legacy and the background music is Hans Zimmer's well known 'Time' from Inception soundtrack.
Watching Tron I got the idea to do the clip with 'Time' in background because both films have a similar emotional story.

The plot of the clip:

Kevin Flynn dreams about his son every time he goes to sleep and so for the past 20+ years. He gets up and goes to the balcony and watches the grid and starts crying because he is trapped in there and hasn't seen his family in ages when he sensed something has changed. He's meditating now and Quorra informs him they have a visitor and he was full of joy. Then he wakes up again, questions whether it was a dream or he simply couldn't bear with all those emotions & passed out. He gets up and goes into Sam's room to find he is not there. His intuition leading him to the club where he saved his little boy. Kevin then yells at Sam because he risked his life. When he calmed down he remembered dinner they had earlier and how his son is still his kiddo. They have a few laughs and witness something amazing. While meditating he realised he won't make it and then sees his boy falling in love with a girl and feels relieved. It's time for Sam to go home but he doesn't want to leave his father. Kevin says it's ok and sacrifices himself for them to go. Memories of him and Sam makes him feel that none of that was in vain. In real world, Sam is glad he spent some time with his father and Quorra feels the sunrise on her skin & realises she is in love with Sam and he is the only thing she has.

I hope you give it a chance and go on a emotional journey with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STmX6lPPj7E

Tron Fanatic
User

RE: Kevin & Sam story (tribute video clip)

on Friday, March, 11, 2011 1:41 AM
Very nice and smooth. I really can't say anything bad about it, except for the double clip of Kevin climbing out of bed, but it's easy to ignore.

Very moving, and the song was indeed appropriate.

'>

teknosexual
User

on Friday, March, 11, 2011 10:23 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:Very nice and smooth. I really can't say anything bad about it, except for the double clip of Kevin climbing out of bed, but it's easy to ignore.

Very moving, and the song was indeed appropriate.

Thanks for watching. If you had read the plot summary, you would realise that was intendend .order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ShadowDragon1
User

on Friday, March, 11, 2011 12:07 PM
Excellently done.

One suggestion... maybe do a version with some pieces of music from the movie itself, like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvZ78yCcfX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj_v6RvGMh4

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

IsoLine
User

on Friday, March, 11, 2011 1:57 PM
Nice....Full of pathos.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

ShadowDragon1
User

on Friday, March, 11, 2011 2:31 PM
My hypothosis is that the people that say "the movie has no story" only paid attention to the CG effects and action scenes and just kind of turned off their brains and eyes during all the OBVIOUS story exposition through out the movie...

Is it "perfect"? No, not saying it is, and I do wish alot of the material that was in Flynn Lives narrative and aspects of Betrayal, et all, was featured a bit more in the movie.
But to say it's "weak on story" or "has no story" is a over-exaggeration IMO.

Garbage like GI Joe Rise of Cobra, Skyline, Jona Hex and a few others I've seen and were so MEH I can't even remember their titles, ARE examples of movies that are weak on story. IMO Tron Legacy was *not* one of them.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

IsoLine
User

on Friday, March, 11, 2011 2:46 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:My hypothosis is that the people that say "the movie has no story" only paid attention to the CG effects and action scenes and just kind of turned off their brains and eyes during all the OBVIOUS story exposition through out the movie...

Is it "perfect"? No, not saying it is, and I do wish alot of the material that was in Flynn Lives narrative and aspects of Betrayal, et all, was featured a bit more in the movie.
But to say it's "weak on story" or "has no story" is a over-exaggeration IMO.

Garbage like GI Joe Rise of Cobra, Skyline, Jona Hex and a few others I've seen and were so MEH I can't even remember their titles, ARE examples of movies that are weak on story. IMO Tron Legacy was *not* one of them.

Well, I agree. I think Hollywood is suffering for not taking decent chances on ideas similar or not to disassimilar to TRON and TRON Legacy. These days movie execs have some strange idea that scifi and most movies in general ought to be characterisicly related to another "brand x" movie. So something like TRON or TRON Legacy would be explained by the pitch men in a boardroom exactly as the script played out, and then the deciding execs with their doe eyed looks say back "So this is like the TRANSFORMERS where all these programs are robots?" Basically doing anything in Scifi that is original is a forced-death march because today Hollywood is so franchise happy that they cannot really fathom the unique unless it is coming from, is like or is going to have a franchise. Now that TRON has got a second wheel under it with another movie, hopefully this hurdle is past.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art