Fan Fiction & Art 
 Magnetized Disks

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowSpark
User

Magnetized Disks

on Sunday, March, 27, 2011 6:27 PM
Note: this is in the same vein as the costume design thread.

Everyone here knows my feelings on Rinzler. As such, I've been experimenting with various ways to hold two disks together on a costume. So far, the best method I've found is a combination of 4 small rare-earth magnets, 4 pieces of ferrous metal, and some epoxy glue. Right now I'm waiting for the glue to set - it takes 24 hours. Tomorrow I will post visual instructions for it. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

MultiVMan
User

RE: Magnetized Disks

on Monday, March, 28, 2011 6:13 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:Note: this is in the same vein as the costume design thread.
So far, the best method I've found is a combination of 4 small rare-earth magnets, 4 pieces of ferrous metal, and some epoxy glue.

Really looking to see/hear how this turns out. Hoping to accomplish a similiar task with my car.

I'm busy compiling...

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2011 12:18 AM
Okay, this is me, posting visual instructions for sticking two disks together with magnets. Note: I've never done anything like this before, so, give me a break if it's kind of rough. If you need something explained or clarified, send me a PM with this thread's title, and I'll do my best to answer.

----

You will need:

a place to work

2 disks(deluxe ID disks are what I used, I don't know if it works with the throw-able ones)

4 small rare-earth magnets:

4 small pieces of ferrous metal:

1 tube of epoxy glue:

2 pieces of stick-on Velcro(matched to the 2 pieces of sew-on Velcro on the back of the costume):

----

Step one: using epoxy, attach the four small pieces of ferrous metal to cardinal points on the back side of the non-Velcro-ed disk, let cure:

Step two: place the rare-earth magnets on the ferrous metal to align them, then coat with epoxy:

Step three: use a cylinder-shaped object(a 2-liter soda bottle works fine) to make sure both disks are centered, then place Velcro-ed disk, Velcro-side-up, on top of other disk, let cure:

Step four: let epoxy set. Then you're done!

-----

To be clear,

Disk One:
Side 1(Velcro):

Side 2(magnets):

Disk Two:
Side 1(metal):

Side 2(clear)

-----

Result:

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2011 2:52 AM

That's awesome Spark!

Now I just need a couple modded Identity Discs.. that stay lit up...
and put them on the back of my costume..
and I'm ready to get on The Grid! where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

MultiVMan
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2011 5:28 AM
Absolutely awesome! I like the use of the magnets as well as the Sprite bottle. That bottle seemed to make a perfect fit to keep things steady. I like this twice.

I'm busy compiling...

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2011 3:53 PM
MultiVMan Wrote:Absolutely awesome! I like the use of the magnets as well as the Sprite bottle. That bottle seemed to make a perfect fit to keep things steady. I like this twice.

Using the soda bottle was dad's idea. It's an easy thing to get, and it fits well.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Tron Lives!

mastercilinder
User

on Wednesday, March, 30, 2011 12:45 AM
Really nice job. How well do they come apart though? That's the question . . .order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, March, 30, 2011 1:07 AM
mastercilinder Wrote:Really nice job. How well do they come apart though? That's the question . . .

Actually, I've found it works quite well. When attached to one's costume, it hangs on nicely, as long as you don't jump around or attempt Rinzler-esque acrobatics, but they're also easy to seperate for posing or battling.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Tron Lives!

D-Rezzer
User

on Tuesday, April, 12, 2011 11:53 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
mastercilinder Wrote:Really nice job. How well do they come apart though? That's the question . . .

Actually, I've found it works quite well. When attached to one's costume, it hangs on nicely, as long as you don't jump around or attempt Rinzler-esque acrobatics, but they're also easy to seperate for posing or battling.

Lemme guess... you tried Rinzler acrobatics?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, April, 12, 2011 5:22 PM
D-Rezzer Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:

Actually, I've found it works quite well. When attached to one's costume, it hangs on nicely, as long as you don't jump around or attempt Rinzler-esque acrobatics, but they're also easy to seperate for posing or battling.

Lemme guess... you tried Rinzler acrobatics?

Lol, I wish. I'm not that athletic. I did jump around a lot to test it, and I shook the shirt with the disks attached.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron Lives!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Magnetized Disks