TRON: LEGACY 
 Quorra turns human society into the Borg

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ChessMess
User

on Wednesday, April, 13, 2011 12:06 PM
Ok fictional idea based on ending of movie and possible secondary story for Tron 3.

What IF...

Quorra's presence in the real world has a bad side effect. Not only does she find that she become infected with real world viruses, having never had to confront them before, but that within her they mutate and spread, adding a 'digital' component to the real virus, which spreads throughout the human population.

Now with this platform for ideas of what the result is, lets explore one possibility, feel free to add your own scenarios or ideas:

I like the idea that somehow the Real World and Tron World become almost as one, much like Air and Water is now (we breath air but must drink water to survive).

So what if the virus causes its hosts some very bad problems (death?), and people MUST enter Tron world in order to live, but then they can't always live just in that world because computers must be maintained, the body sustained, etc.

What if humanity becomes like the Borg, where people exist in the real world but then go back to their alcove and 'plug - in' to Tron world.

Or maybe humanity becomes like the binars, the virus enabled Human-to-Human digital communications and humanity becomes absolutely dependent on computers.

I'd like to see Tron (4) set 100 years into the future where time and technology have melded the Computer world and the Real World into one cohesive union. This could probably be done without the virus, I just see that as a way as speeding up/forcing the symbiosis.

mastercilinder
User

RE: Quorra turns human society into the Borg

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 1:47 PM
It's an interesting idea . . . but it defeats the purpose of being Tron.

Both films were about exploring and creating within the computer realm. The 2 worlds mixing will affect each other, sure, but this is going too far in my opinion.

That and Disney would probably balk at this idea . . . just sayin'.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 4:52 PM
Based on the reaction to her, I think it'd be easy. She'd say, "You are now all my slaves!." And half the population would come running with their tongues hanging out and saliva dripping onto the ground.

Drones a plenty.

'>

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:18 PM
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

or...

Yoda of the Borg are we. Futile Resistance is. Assimlate you, we will.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, April, 16, 2011 12:39 AM
Very interesting..
but me and Gem.. will be sure to Erase the program!

But seriously it would make no sense
for her to do that as she is "good" ISO...
But if she did turn evil.. I'm sure Gem wouldn't mind
derezzing her! lol just kdding...

Master C, Clu.. they were about destorying and having slaves...

Tron was always about fighting the system..
and gaining.. freedom..

I think most likely... they will do what Kevin Flynn dreaming..
which was to learn the secret of her perfect DNA...
to cure all human illness etc..

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, April, 16, 2011 1:58 AM
MCPcomputer Wrote:I think most likely... they will do what Kevin Flynn dreaming..

The problem with that is that if you develop cures for all the human illnesses, when new ones crop up, humans will have no defense against them. Like what happened to the Native Americans when the English settlers came. The settlers brought diseases that the Native Americans had never encountered. As such, many of them died from illnesses that the settlers had developed immunities to. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Kat
User

on Saturday, April, 16, 2011 7:36 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
MCPcomputer Wrote:I think most likely... they will do what Kevin Flynn dreaming..

The problem with that is that if you develop cures for all the human illnesses, when new ones crop up, humans will have no defense against them. Like what happened to the Native Americans when the English settlers came. The settlers brought diseases that the Native Americans had never encountered. As such, many of them died from illnesses that the settlers had developed immunities to.
The bigger problem is that if you cure all illnesses and no one dies...we are in population trouble damn quick. Everybody wants to be hanging out with great-great-great-grandma forever, but they also want to have four kids themselves...

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, April, 16, 2011 8:12 AM
Kat Wrote:The bigger problem is that if you cure all illnesses and no one dies...we are in population trouble damn quick. Everybody wants to be hanging out with great-great-great-grandma forever, but they also want to have four kids themselves...

Don't even get me started on human selfishness. Forget global warming, pollution, or wars: all it'll take to destroy humanity is for them to continue breeding.

'>

Kat
User

on Saturday, April, 16, 2011 9:52 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:
Kat Wrote:The bigger problem is that if you cure all illnesses and no one dies...we are in population trouble damn quick. Everybody wants to be hanging out with great-great-great-grandma forever, but they also want to have four kids themselves...

Don't even get me started on human selfishness. Forget global warming, pollution, or wars: all it'll take to destroy humanity is for them to continue breeding.
We weren't discussing that other stuff. We were talking about curing all diseases and such, which would be a contributing factor to overpopulation. I never said the others weren't bad things. They simply weren't part of the discussion, though you could argue that the root cause of all of them--or one of the root causes--may well be overpopulation as well.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, April, 16, 2011 10:46 AM
Kat Wrote:
Tron Fanatic Wrote:

We weren't discussing that other stuff. We were talking about curing all diseases and such, which would be a contributing factor to overpopulation. I never said the others weren't bad things. They simply weren't part of the discussion, though you could argue that the root cause of all of them--or one of the root causes--may well be overpopulation as well.

Aye, I don't know if this is still a valid theory or if its been thrown out the window now... but I do remember hearing in Jr High (late 80's) that disease was one of nature's ways of preventing overpopulation. So if a species becomes too numerous, diseases start springing up to reduce the numbers.

I kinda think this is something that Disney wouldn't go into too much detail with though, sadly. What Quorra can bring to the Earth is so astounding, but really, when you think about it hard enough, the political, social, and moral implications are so vast, that Michael Crichton could probably write a 5-book saga about it.

Pharmaceutical companies throw a fit and try to illegalize it (like they have with certain herbals because herbal medicine can't be patented), human rights groups get riled because Quorra is being used as a lab rat, or isn't getting paid for her contribution... there's what has already been mentioned about near-immortality further contributing to the population problems, theists vs. evolutionists start butting heads (even more than usual), etc etc etc.

It seems far too intellectual a theme to put in a Disney film that includes children in its target audience.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

'>

ChessMess
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 8:33 AM
BUT... overpopulation is only a problem in the Real World. What if everyone at a given age must enter the Tron World (Kinda like Logan's Run).

c1
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 10:13 AM
The bigger problem is that if you cure all illnesses and no one dies...we are in population trouble damn quick. Everybody wants to be hanging out with great-great-great-grandma forever, but they also want to have four kids themselves...

Population is not a problem, "The Powers that Be" want you to believe that. There is plenty of room on Earth for everyone.

The scary part of all of this is that Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, John P Holdren, wrote a book in the 80's titled "EcoScience" that outlines plans for depopulation through sterilants in the water, food, and medicine.

http://www.amazon.com/Ecoscience-Population-Environment-Paul-Ehrlich/dp/0716700298/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303052786&sr=8-1
All of these plans are outlined in the Georgia Guidestones:

It is a scary world we live in and I believe Tron Legacy has many Illuminati and Biblical symbolism references.

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 11:14 AM
c1 Wrote:The scary part of all of this is that Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, John P Holdren, wrote a book in the 80's titled "EcoScience" that outlines plans for depopulation through sterilants in the water, food, and medicine.

Gee, that sounds like what the Nazis did. First they sterilized those who were 'not contributing to the overall wellness of the healthy population' and it eventually escalated to the Death Camps and such. A very slippery slope there.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Kat
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 12:14 PM
c1 Wrote:

Population is not a problem, "The Powers that Be" want you to believe that. There is plenty of room on Earth for everyone.
Oh, boy. Are we really going to do this?

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 12:26 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
c1 Wrote:The scary part of all of this is that Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, John P Holdren, wrote a book in the 80's titled "EcoScience" that outlines plans for depopulation through sterilants in the water, food, and medicine.

Gee, that sounds like what the Nazis did. First they sterilized those who were 'not contributing to the overall wellness of the healthy population' and it eventually escalated to the Death Camps and such. A very slippery slope there.

What do you do when the choice is either "Stop Breeding or self-destruct" ?

'>

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 1:49 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:

What do you do when the choice is either "Stop Breeding or self-destruct" ?

Good question.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron Lives!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY