Open Q&A for my DISCS OF TRON & Tron 2600 Atari demake-redo game

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
7R0N
User

on Tuesday, May, 03, 2011 1:08 AM
START OF LINE

I'm an already established game programmer.
I do NOT rely on Game Maker or any of that stuff.
Yes it's pretty, but I don't like it.

I'm going to use the existing large sprites of Flynn from DISCS OF TRON and the level design of Atari 2600 Adventure of TRON, and combine the two, as well as include the a-typical PACMAN cut scenes, minus the pacman, plus the video warriors.

What would you guys like to see in the game?
I have a fellow established game developer, helping me with this, so it's not a one horse town.
Recommendations?

The tanks are going to take a hit, going from side view to a side view of a tank from the movie?
I wonder if I shouldn't use a partial perspective shift, to give a topdown, or keep it the side view like the Atari 2600.

~7R0N!

I am NOT using ANY of the TRON SECTOR icons, glyphs, or sprites, so no accusations of art theft, there WILL BE NONE WHATSOEVER.

END OF LINE

mastercilinder
User

RE: Open Q&A for my DISCS OF TRON & Tron 2600 Atari demake-redo game

on Tuesday, May, 03, 2011 10:57 AM
Sounds very cool.

Maybe a switch from arcade style overhead view while fighting other programs in disc combat and then going back to the 2D side-scrolling during the other events?

Or maybe some levels where you drive a tank . . . or at least a lightcycle section.

7R0N
User

RE: Open Q&A for my DISCS OF TRON & Tron 2600 Atari demake-redo game

on Thursday, May, 05, 2011 9:08 PM
"Sounds very cool.

Maybe a switch from arcade style overhead view while fighting other programs in disc combat and then going back to the 2D side-scrolling during the other events?

Or maybe some levels where you drive a tank . . . or at least a lightcycle section."

Well, yeah, if I treat the tanks like an event in Final Fantasy, I could use all sorts of stuff you wouldn't expect, a reason to change POV. Although I wouldn't make it too FF like, to make it silly looking.

There's alot of options, I could keep the crappy Atari tank sprites, and just say they were from the old system, using the Arcade modified user sprites! That would be hilarious!

~7R0N!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games