Collector 
 TRON Merch You Wish Existed?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
mastercilinder
User

on Saturday, May, 21, 2011 11:44 PM
I know, I had a post like this from a while back, but post Legacy has left shelves bare and a pretty good line cancelled, I wanted to see what everyone might have wanted down the line as of now, plus all the new members might have some cool ideas . . .

I'll start with this: I REALLY wish Spinmaster had done some of the characters from the original film, or have some kind of "expanded universe" line like hasbro does with Star Wars, meaning we'd get characters from '82 and a few who were not in the movies. Maybe they could put them in a two pack with a comic book, or stick with the theme of "The Grid" and give out a code that gives them access to an online game of some kind.

Plus, some classic Lightcycles in the same scale as the new ones would have been neat.

On the Legacy side of things: Obviously complete the line that they didn't finish. I also wish there was an electronic Recognizer. Maybe it could have some gear mechanisms along the "legs" so the prisoner deck could come down to the ground. What would also be cool is a sort of joystick like handle for the electronic sounds and lights to be controlled, kids would feel like they are piloting it.

For the future?: Some people don't care for stylized animated figures, but Tron:Uprising could get some very cool cartoon-esque looking figs. I think they would look great.

What would you like to see, program?

DevRevenge
User

RE: TRON Merch You Wish Existed?

on Saturday, May, 21, 2011 11:54 PM
Classic toys are the obvious answer. What hurts me (other than losing Castor) are the other toys that are in the movie. The helmetless Tron w/ lights, the Kevin Flynn w light stripe jacket, and the classic Clu, as well as the black light cycle would have all been awesome. Classic figures I can't even imagine how cool those could have been, I hope at one point Wheat King can share some more insight on what was actually considered. Although I can understand why he might not be able to share that information (or even want to.)

Basically the toys we have seen but never got include those in the movie, the Castor (other than lucky Magnum and maybe a few others,) and the couple of stock photos like Redeemed Rinzler and de-rezzed Black Guard would have been nice addtions to what we got.

I've always maintained though as someone who grew up with the original toys (I had/have them all except for the yellow light cycle) that I'm glad we got as much as we did. I wish they had focused on the traditional size line and expanded that, but we got a ton of really cool stuff. The discs in particular are really awesome, as are the light cycles. The diecasts are great too.

A lot of times we focus on the negative on this line but we should appreciate the cool stuff we got. I'd have killed for little matchbox tron lightcycles growing up, I didn't even imagine such a thing. But thanks to the KF design I'll be able to paint up a few to look like original cycles (almost.)

CLU4612
User

on Sunday, May, 22, 2011 12:59 AM
I have to agree with you there Dev, for as much negativity as there is out there towards Spin Master, we are quite lucky to have all of the things that we did get from this movie. To be honest though, I am somewhat disappointed with how they handled the line from a business perspective, because if you compare it to the new Pirates line, they really dropped the ball as far as planning goes. In a 6 month window of time from the beginning of the promotion strategy until the bitter demise of this line, SM produced 2 series of toys, with Series 2 being incredibly scaled back due to the impending cancellation. In that same amount of time, Jakks Pacific, the folks in charge of Pirates, have 5 waves of basic figures planned, 3 or 4 waves of 6 inch figures, a few 12 inch ones, 3 waves of deluxe figure sets, a big ticket item (Queen Anne's Revenge), roleplay toys, and various other promotional sets of figures, and some of their basic figures stretch back into the previous films. Quite an aggressive strategy, and one that would have worked nicely for TL if it had been implemented properly. That's not to get down on SM for their work with TL, I just think it could have been handled a little better planning-wise is all. But enough about that, on to the point of this thread.

If they were to continue making merchandise, I think the things I would like to see would be the following: (I'll break them into groups)

Role-play Items:

Definitely would've liked to see more Identity Discs, like CLU, Castor, Quorra, etc. or even a Build-Your-Own kind of thing, where you can choose what color disc it is and what color the lights are, similar to the B-Y-O lightsaber kit that they have for Star Wars. I also would've liked to have seen the Classic Discs as well, TRON and Sark colors. I think a harness type thing that could have the discs attach to them would've been cool too. You could also make a better Baton and even an electronic Baton katana/staff/other weapons set too.

Basic Figures:

I'd love for Castor to see a wide release, as well as Gem, Bartik, Jacket CLU/Kevin, Black robe Kevin, Helmetless Sam, Quorra, CLU, and Tron, and maybe the other Sirens and some disc warrior combatants. Then, I wish they would've made a wave or two of the Classic figures, like the original CLU with Bit, Kevin, TRON, Sark, RAM, Yori, Dumont, the Classic Sentry, and maybe even an MCP of sorts that lit up and said phrases from the film.

Vehicles:

I wish we would've gotten more cycles, like Rinzler's, a generic program cycle and a generic Sentry/Black Guard cycle. I would want CLU's light jet as well, as his has another set of wings and guns that the generic ones do not possess. The Classic cycles would've been cool too, and they could've filled out a shelf nicely. A Classic or modern Light Tank would've been nice and would give the Light Runner some decent competition.

Playsets:

I think the biggest of the missed opportunities here was the lack of playsets. In a movie where the world itself is one of the big highlights, to not have playsets of some kind is just not fathomable to me. They could have done CLU's Command Ship with lights and sounds, a removable top panel allowing for access to the inner areas and several different spots for figures to interact with the vehicle. Then, a Recognizer with lights and sounds, a working lift feature, and functioning cockpit area and Guard slots on the legs would have made for a cool way to display the figures. And for a true playset, you could do either Kevin's house, the End Of Line club, the Portal, the Disc Arena, or Flynn's Arcade, all of which could have cool hidden features.

LIT
User

on Monday, June, 13, 2011 6:35 PM
I wish they would have done Tron with white lights with removable helmet and the young Kevin Flynn. They should have also done a helmetless Sam Flynn, Quorra and Clu. What I would have loved the most if they would had a Regonizer where you can put core figures in.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

LIT
User

on Friday, June, 24, 2011 9:08 PM
It would have been cool if the 4" Black Guard came with pop off wings.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, June, 25, 2011 12:06 AM
I want a Rinzler plushie.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

tomorowlandude
User

on Saturday, June, 25, 2011 4:20 PM
As most members seem to wish, the Castor core figure. The movie wouldn't have been what it was without Castor.

I would have loved to seen some lego sets. Could you imagine building Flynns hideout or the EOLC? Or Flynns Arcade with Minature Arcade Machines?

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, June, 25, 2011 4:52 PM
tomorowlandude Wrote:I would have loved to seen some lego sets. Could you imagine building Flynns hideout or the EOLC? Or Flynns Arcade with Minature Arcade Machines?

Lego sets would be cool.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

LIT
User

on Saturday, June, 25, 2011 4:56 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
tomorowlandude Wrote:I would have loved to seen some lego sets. Could you imagine building Flynns hideout or the EOLC? Or Flynns Arcade with Minature Arcade Machines?

Lego sets would be cool.
I know right. Almost every single Disney movie that came out in 2010-2011 had legos. And they skipped TRON: Legacy. What a dissapointment.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, June, 25, 2011 5:34 PM
LIT Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:

Lego sets would be cool.
I know right. Almost every single Disney movie that came out in 2010-2011 had legos. And they skipped TRON: Legacy. What a dissapointment.

I suppose we could get some generic Legos and build the stuff ourselves. I heard that someone built a Recognizer and the tanks.

Tron Lives!

homecine007
User

on Sunday, June, 26, 2011 4:10 AM
like this one

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

VISIT ME :http://maxx-replicas.jimdo.com

wwwmwww
User

on Sunday, June, 26, 2011 8:42 AM
tomorowlandude Wrote:I would have loved to seen some lego sets.
Me too. Think glow in the dark bricks in several colors, glow in the dark paint on the mini-figs. And along the lines of the Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series, I'd kill for a high detail tank from Tron and a recognizer from Legacy.

Carl

pyromedic
User

on Sunday, June, 26, 2011 5:16 PM
I would love to see an HO scale Tron Train

Flynn: What do you say, you and I tomorrow hit the arcade? First game’s on me.
Sam: Can we play doubles? On the same team?
Flynn: We’re always on the same team

CaptainCR
User

on Friday, July, 01, 2011 3:17 PM
all the TRON toys spinmaster had planned but never got made -.-abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 01, 2011 11:57 PM
Speaking with my contact at Lego last year I asked about Legacy Lego sets, they said that while they would have loved to have done that line, it just wasn't going to happen. I don't blame companies like Spinmaster for their efforts, its all Disney. They have always under appreciated and mishandled the Tron franchise.

LIT
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2011 1:13 PM
It would have been cool if they had figures from the real world like Alan Bradley and
Richard Mackey.

trekking95
User

on Sunday, July, 17, 2011 3:22 PM
I would like to see a Castor figure, the figures without helmets and a few more vehicles.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

PixelatedProgram
User

on Sunday, July, 17, 2011 4:29 PM
I say they should have made a Solar Sailor that came with 2" beam and you could put the core figures on it and push it from one end to the other. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

http://kingnates.tumblr.com

PixelatedProgram
User

on Sunday, July, 17, 2011 4:30 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:I want a Rinzler plushie.
LOL me too!!! exsept with cat ears and cat tail (Kitty Rinzler!!! )

http://kingnates.tumblr.com

trekking95
User

on Sunday, July, 17, 2011 4:41 PM
PixelatedProgram Wrote:I say they should have made a Solar Sailor that came with 2" beam and you could put the core figures on it and push it from one end to the other.
2 in? There would not be much to push.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector