TRON: LEGACY 
 Soundtrack on public radio!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Kat
User

RE: Soundtrack on public radio!

on Friday, February, 10, 2012 12:10 AM
OMG!!! Top Gear uses the soundtrack! With the M5, no less!! Woo!!

(When I think of the soundtrack in car commercials, I TOTALLY imagine Derezzed playing while something hot zooms around on-screen.)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, April, 09, 2012 8:00 AM
Was watching the Oxford and Cambridge boat race on Saturaday, and when they were introducing the rowers profiles they played some of The Game Has Changed (just the last part of it).
They may have played more of it, but I only tuned in at the end of that bit. :-P

EXODUS
User

on Sunday, May, 13, 2012 9:16 AM
I was watching a show called Britain’s Got Talent last night (which is one of those reality talent broadcast nation-wide, and every week people can phone to vote for there favourite acts each until someone wins).
Anyway, during the show they had a special performance from a hip-hop street dance group called Diversity (who were the winners on a previous series of the show a few years ago).
The interesting thing is, their dance act is clearly inspired with a very slight Tron-like computer world basis to it ( it even starts with the words CONTINUE GAME in a ‘computer font’ in big letters).
And at one point, during the performance they even showed an image of the Tron Legacy Gaming Grid projected onto the background.

It appears at 50 seconds onwards. It's only for a few seconds mind you, but you can spot it if you look carefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Excxr3oq8bI

EXODUS
User

on Sunday, July, 15, 2012 2:17 PM
AND AGAIN! Amazing!

Was watching a show on TV last night called Superstar. It's one of those sing-and-dance reality shows where, each week someone has to perform infront of a group of judges/the audience, and then get voted off one by one until there's only one winner left who goes on to perform on stage, etc.
Anyway, during the token 'whose going and whose staying' clips they played some of the Legacy soundtrack, this time they sampled Outlands (again).

Can I just say I never realised just how popular this soundtrack really is!

Kat
User

on Sunday, July, 15, 2012 2:34 PM
I wonder who gets royalties for this/grants permission to use it-- is it DP, or would it be Disney since they probably technically "own" the soundtrack? I wonder who holds the rights.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, July, 15, 2012 9:04 PM
I've caught some of the T:L soundtrack played on The Weather Channel during the Local on the 8's hahahabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

EXODUS
User

on Thursday, August, 09, 2012 5:20 AM
When Sam walks into the abandoned arcade and switches on the power the jukebox starts playing a heavy rock song has the arcade machines come on.

Does anyone know what song this is?

The reason I ask is because I was watching an episode of the Simpsons the other night and they actually played a part of that song on it.
To be honest that's the first time I've heard that song anywhere other then on the movie itself.

Unfortunatly I cant actually remember which episode it was though...

J
User

on Thursday, August, 09, 2012 6:15 AM
The pair I could identify were Journey's "Separate Ways" and Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams."

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Kat
User

on Thursday, August, 09, 2012 8:08 AM
Yes, Separate Ways starts right away as soon as the power comes on.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

EXODUS
User

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 6:08 AM
Was watching a Top Gear Special last night, in which Richard Hammond talks us through all the classic cars that were featured in the James Bond films.
This included the Lotus Esprit which turned into a submarine, and to emphasis the point he decided to build his own Lotus that turns into a submarine.

Amazingly, it worked and they showed it on screen.

And has they were showing it they played a sample of the Legacy soundtrack. They played the Arrival soundtrack. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

EXODUS
User

on Friday, March, 08, 2013 6:49 AM
There's a TV show called Masterchef, which is a cookery show where each week a group of cooks complete to cook a meal/dish, and at the end of the series someone is declared a winner and recieve a trophy.
It was adverstised last night, and again they used part of the soundtrack to that has wel (the Outlands segment).

WHY is this soundtrack so popular? Even the soundtrack for the original movie doesn't get this much publicity!

Kat
User

on Friday, March, 08, 2013 8:22 AM
EXODUS Wrote:WHY is this soundtrack so popular? Even the soundtrack for the original movie doesn't get this much publicity!

Hrm, good question. It could be Disney's pushing it for further marketing angles. Maybe 'cause it's cool. Maybe because marketers think the film was more "cool" than it actually was, or it's possible they see it as some sort of "wave of the future" thing they want to tap into. Or marketing teams are all closet Tron fans.

To be honest with you, there aren't that many soundtrack tracks I would recognize if I heard them, aside from this one and a few others (I would probably totally miss even some from my favorite movies that I've watched over and over again), so for all I know, a LOT of soundtracks are popular on radio and commercials and I just don't know because I don't recognize the music. (It makes sense-- this was music that was specifically written to be background music, so it's probably easier to use than "regular" stuff that wasn't.)

(Weren't a few of the most-recognize themes from the Matrix soundtracks used a lot in commercials and trailers and stuff during that time?)
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

EXODUS
User

on Friday, November, 08, 2013 12:12 PM
i saw a program the other night called Richard Hammond builds a planet.

In it, presenter Richard Hammond uses special effects to explore the Earth and how it came into existence billions of years ago.
They used some of the Legacy Soundtrack in that too.

deeahchur
User

on Friday, November, 08, 2013 8:37 PM
There is something about the Tron: Legacy and Tron: Uprising soundtracks that just have me hooked. I listen to both, and even Tron Evolution music, at least several times a week ... more when I'm actually working on the User Error 3 content. Daft Punk did an excellent job, and I look forward to their inevitable contribution in TR3N!

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

EXODUS
User

on Monday, November, 11, 2013 7:31 AM
EXODUS Wrote:There's a TV show called Masterchef, which is a cookery show where each week a group of cooks complete to cook a meal/dish, and at the end of the series someone is declared a winner and recieve a trophy.
It was adverstised last night, and again they used part of the soundtrack to that has wel (the Outlands segment).

WHY is this soundtrack so popular? Even the soundtrack for the original movie doesn't get this much publicity!
They did it AGAIN last night! (amazing!).

I was watching the second episode last night (in which they explore the universe) and this time they had samples of Outlands put in has well as another sample from the soundtrack.

Given that the film itself received a rather mixed reception from the critics I find it interesting that the soundtrack seems to be more popular then the film itself.

EXODUS
User

on Monday, February, 24, 2014 7:31 AM
Was watching the new episode of Top Gear last night, and when Richard Hammond was testing out a new jeep in the desert they played a sample of Recognizer in the background.
Again, I ask why is this soundtrack so popular? I've probably heard more samples from this soundtrack then any other film soundtrack over the last few years (including the Batman movie music).

Agent 82
User

on Monday, February, 24, 2014 10:23 AM
Last night, my mom was watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics (she wasn't able to watch it on the opening night but wanted to see it, so I recorded it for her). There was one section in the opening where everyone was wearing light up clothing (they had strings of lights attached to them, in a Tron sort of way). It was really cool, but the best part? They used "The Game Has Changed" from Tron Legacy for the background music!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

EXODUS
User

on Monday, January, 26, 2015 8:17 AM
nrand90 Wrote:Top Gear has been using bits of the soundtrack for the last two seasons. in the first episode of season 17 they use Rinzler's theme in the background while reviewing the Marauder (a larger alternative to the Hummer) & later in that episode they use Outlands Pt. 2 when reviewing the BMW M5 while also using graphics that look like the BMW is driving through the Grid.
They also use The Game Has Changed when they race McLaren's MP4-12C against the Ferrari 458 in episode three of that season. I'm guessing that BBC America didn't get the rights to play the music from Disney because when they aired the season on BBC America, those songs were replaced by a lesser known soundtrack.where to buy abortion pills online order abortion pill buy abortion pills onlinei need to buy the abortion pill read here order abortion pillpill for abortion online read order abortion pillabortion pills i need to buy the abortion pill abortion pills onlinewhere to buy abortion pills online link pill for abortion online
I was watching the latest series of Top Gear last night, and YET AGAIN some Legacy music being played during one seen.
I can't actually remember exactly what song it was, but it was from the soundtrack.
It's being repeated on BBC 2 tonight at 7pm.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Soundtrack on public radio!