Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 What are you favorite arcades from the 80s and 90s?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, April, 11, 2012 4:39 PM

Tell me the names of you fav arcades from the 80s and 90s?

I would say:

Shinobi
Golden Axe
Altered Beast
Super Street Fighter 2
Willow
Toki
Time Killers
Samari Showdown
Night Stalkers
X Men arcade
Batman
Dungeons and Dragons
The Avengers
Mortal Kombat
Gaunlet Legends..
Gaunlet orignal
Aliens
Final Fight

So many good memories of playing these at the local pizza place
and 7 eleven by my house...
and going to the arcade with friends.. then having pizza...

Ahh the good old days.. and no everyone has these games on the PC
and Nintendo Wii etc.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Cyberwolven
User

RE: What are you favorite arcades from the 80s and 90s?

on Wednesday, April, 11, 2012 5:35 PM
Golden Axe and X-Men were fun games.

I like Mortal Kombat, but was never really good at it. I could never get the darn button combos right.

Some other fun ones were Double Dragon, Sailor Moon, TMNT, and the Simpsons Arcade Game. Multiplayer was extremely fun.

I also use to play Mrs. Pacman, Donkey Kong, BurgerTime, and some pinball games. I wasn't good, but the fact that I was having fun was what counted.

There's a lot of fun games, but our area never really had a decent arcade. I either went to the farmer's market or mall to play arcade games until they started to disappear in our area around 1998. The arcade at our mall is now a quarter of the size it use to be. I'm surprised that's still open. :/

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, April, 11, 2012 5:41 PM
From the 80's, I'd have to say Tron, Tempest, Joust, and Kickman are among my favorites.

From the 90's, Star Wars Trilogy Arcade. Has to be one of my all-time favorite arcade games of all time. Destroy the Death Star, trip up some AT-ATs, escape from Echo Base, race a speeder bike through the Endor forest, defeat Boba Fett and Vader in lightsaber duels and take out the Death Star II in a massive space battle over the Endor moon, all in one sitting. It's a shame there isn't a home version of it.

Star Wars Racer Arcade and most of Sega's other arcade games from then were pretty great, too (Daytona USA, anyone?).

I also love Hydro Thunder. The spiritual successor, H2Overdrive, does a pretty good job at capturing the feel of the original. There's also the other Midway racing games from then, Cruisin' USA, World, and Exotica.

While I never played the arcade version (though I believe the home versions were pretty good at capturing the feel of the arcade original), NBA Jam is probably the only sports game I can consider enjoyable.

I wasn't around in the 80's so my ability to feel nostalgia from 80's arcade games is a bit, well, limited. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Cyberwolven
User

on Wednesday, April, 11, 2012 6:01 PM
I haven't had the honor to play Tron or Tempest yet. Our area had slim pickings when it came to 80s arcade games.

We have NBA Jam for the Sega Genesis. It's probably one of the most fun sports games out there.

I use to watch my brother play Daytona USA. I was horrible at driving games!

There was also this multiplayer game where you choose from different Gundam looking robots and battle it out. I forgot what it was called. Does anyone remember the name?

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

J
User

on Wednesday, April, 11, 2012 6:15 PM
Q-Bert - all-time favorite. It's one of the few games I can beat my sister at.

Area 51 - I used to blow a lot of quarters on this rail shooter to take the edge off when I was stressed out over being caught in full-time school and full-time job.

Tetris - I set a record on the one at the Seattle waterfront!

House of the Dead - $20 in quarters to beat it, playing doubles with my (then)-boyfriend but Best. Date. Ever.

Brave Firefighters - I liked this one because it was a very unusual concept for a shooter. Instead of a light-gun, you had what looked like a fire hose, and you were shooting water at flames to put them out. Nice reversal of a shooter's usual concept.

Mortal Kombat - Was never good at playing it, but got a lot of stares when "OMG, a GIRL is playing it!" I tended to watch others play it because, despite how over the top brutal it is, the graphics and backgrounds are top-shelf. Just BEAUTIFUL rendering. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, April, 11, 2012 11:33 PM
I grew up when arcades were a dying breed, so I've never actually been to one. If a place like Flynn's existed, I'd be there every night, obviously.

It's unlikely that it will ever happen, though.

Anyways, back to the actual point of this thread. If I had grown up when Arcades were in their heyday, Asteroid, Pacman, Galaga, Dig Dug, Arkanoid and of course Tron would be my absolute favorites.

The curse of being a 90's child, is that I only know the more popular ones. So I'm taking the above lists as suggestions as what to play.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, April, 11, 2012 11:51 PM
J Wrote:Brave Firefighters - I liked this one because it was a very unusual concept for a shooter. Instead of a light-gun, you had what looked like a fire hose, and you were shooting water at flames to put them out. Nice reversal of a shooter's usual concept.

Oh my god, yes. I love that game. Sega was like the ultimate ruler of 90's arcade games.

I'm still waiting patiently for a proper home port of Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, though. Seriously, look at this:

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

J
User

on Thursday, April, 12, 2012 4:52 PM
Typical, there are still a few in Seattle. Than again, when you have a ton of tech companies in the area? Well, geeks like to play. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, April, 12, 2012 9:50 PM

I love drinking beer and playing arcades... its so fun...
there's just something magical about arcades..

Oh yeah found an old version of Plidieas a rare game
in machine by my house until it broke down...

That was great because that game was in the movie NightMares...

I never got to play TRON at Electronica..
but I did play Space Paranoids for a while night there once...

I'm sad ElecTRONica is leaving....
i don't think I will go back to disneyland now... sadly...
big mistake by Disney to not continue ElecTRONica till the end of time...

END OF LINE

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 10:58 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
J Wrote:Brave Firefighters - I liked this one because it was a very unusual concept for a shooter. Instead of a light-gun, you had what looked like a fire hose, and you were shooting water at flames to put them out. Nice reversal of a shooter's usual concept.

Oh my god, yes. I love that game. Sega was like the ultimate ruler of 90's arcade games.

I'm still waiting patiently for a proper home port of Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, though. Seriously, look at this:

I worked in an arcade from 1994-2001 and we got Star Wars Trilogy Arcade sit-down and being the SW nut that I am that is all I wanted to play. I got so good at it that I could go through on just one play. I was the first reported player to break the 3 Million point mark and then I ended up holding the Twin Galaxies World Record for the game from 2000-2002. Twin Galaxies even set up the World Record certificate to be awarded to me by my city's Mayor! Last time I checked I was ranked 4th in the World in top scores. I loved that game so much. I even traveled to California(Disneyland), Las Vegas(Sega Gameworks) and Florida(DisneyWorld) to put the Top Score on the game locations. I was very serious about that game but I haven't played it in a decade so I probably suck since I can't remember the patterns. haha

as for my other favorite arcade games:
Tron
Choplifter
Double Dragon
Spy Hunter
Samurai Showdown II
Street Fighter II
Killer Instinct
Star Wars Episode I Pinball

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

becktherenegade
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 11:23 PM
i always have liked Galaga, TRON, and Discs of TRON. those are my favorites to play at whatever arcade i go to, man (although, ive only been to a few that have both TRON and discs of TRON). of course, i wasn't around in the 80's (not until 96' to be exact) but still, that doesnt matter.

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

Loctevus
User

on Monday, June, 25, 2012 9:23 AM
Super Mario Brother series
Bubble Bobble
Marble Madness
Mortal Kombat series
Master Blaster
Tron
Space Paranoids
Pac Man series
Donkey Kong
Kangeroo
Wizards & Warriors
TMNT series
Pong
Etc.....

I'm a gamer... I grew up on games. So yea I'm a Nintendo baby, but hell. I enjoyed all sorts of games. These are a few I've named off. We used to hang out at 8 Ball Alley. Its a Gamer haven in Laramie, Wy. Years ago, but I don't know if its still there or not, but thats what it used to be called. Fun times man... just fun times.

Anything is possible, nothing is impossible, believe and see for yourself....

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, July, 14, 2012 12:24 AM

I think I'm going to have to buy TRON and Space Paranoids arcades for my home...
i want those conscripts!! lol

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, October, 25, 2012 4:02 AM

Did any of you guys play Batman arcade??
it's awesome!
it's based off the Michael Keaton Batman movie..

Also Splatter House arcade is just awesome!!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors