TRON: LEGACY 
 Did you know?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ActiveX
User

Did you know?

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 8:02 AM
Found some cool little facts about Tron legacy. After missing the whole Tron emblem, got me wondering how much else I missed, turns out I missed a lot :P

1. There is a stylized "89" on the back of Sam Flynns Helmet in the real world that represents the year Flynn disappeared, its also on the garage door to his apartment.

2. The building housing Sam Flynn's apartment has the word "Dumont" written in faded letters over the doorway. A program called Dumont appeared in the original TRON film and resembled Dr. Walter Gibbs, who founded ENCOM in his garage.

3. Kevin Flynn sets down a metallic polyhedron on the fireplace mantle. Later, when CLU comes in his house, he picks up this same metallic polyhedron. This is a direct homage to TRON since this is a Bit which assisted both the original CLU and Flynn.

4. The crowd voices during the disk battle in the beginning of the movie are actually the voices of the audience during the presentation of TRON at Comic-Con.

5. The "Grid" as Sam Flynn wipes off the terminal in Kevin Flynn's basement shows in the command line: $whoami Flynn uname -a SolarOS 4.0.1 Generic_50203-02 sun4m i386 Unknown.Unknown $login -n root This Easter-egg states that the Grid ran on the predecessor of Solaris OS known as Sun4m which ran on the SPARC architecture, same as the SPARCstation 5 during that time period. This was the system used as the base for Flynn/Encom OS (the operating system the Grid claimed to be ran on). Sun4m was also a proprietary operating system owned by Oracle Corporation.

6. When Flynn's workstation is first shown, the system uptime (or screen saver runtime) is 20 years, 11 months, 20 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes, 16 seconds (and two other digits that update 15 times per second).
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution. That will be all."

Kat
User

RE: Did you know?

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 8:28 AM
May I direct you to the search function, which is newly... well, functional? All of these things have been discussed here ad nauseum.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ActiveX
User

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 8:46 AM
HAVE THEY!?!?!?! omgomgomgomgomg, delete the thread............not

"Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution. That will be all."

anonymouspunk89
User

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 10:05 AM
ActiveX Wrote:Found some cool little facts about Tron legacy. After missing the whole Tron emblem, got me wondering how much else I missed, turns out I missed a lot :P

1. There is a stylized "89" on the back of Sam Flynns Helmet in the real world that represents the year Flynn disappeared, its also on the garage door to his apartment.

2. The building housing Sam Flynn's apartment has the word "Dumont" written in faded letters over the doorway. A program called Dumont appeared in the original TRON film and resembled Dr. Walter Gibbs, who founded ENCOM in his garage.

3. Kevin Flynn sets down a metallic polyhedron on the fireplace mantle. Later, when CLU comes in his house, he picks up this same metallic polyhedron. This is a direct homage to TRON since this is a Bit which assisted both the original CLU and Flynn.

4. The crowd voices during the disk battle in the beginning of the movie are actually the voices of the audience during the presentation of TRON at Comic-Con.

5. The "Grid" as Sam Flynn wipes off the terminal in Kevin Flynn's basement shows in the command line: $whoami Flynn uname -a SolarOS 4.0.1 Generic_50203-02 sun4m i386 Unknown.Unknown $login -n root This Easter-egg states that the Grid ran on the predecessor of Solaris OS known as Sun4m which ran on the SPARC architecture, same as the SPARCstation 5 during that time period. This was the system used as the base for Flynn/Encom OS (the operating system the Grid claimed to be ran on). Sun4m was also a proprietary operating system owned by Oracle Corporation.

6. When Flynn's workstation is first shown, the system uptime (or screen saver runtime) is 20 years, 11 months, 20 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes, 16 seconds (and two other digits that update 15 times per second).

You missed one cool fact, in the scene where Sam enters his father's lab and we are seeing things from his POV.
It's a blink and you'll miss it type of easter egg, but on a table near Flynn's workstation is a small model of the MCP (I kid you not.)
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Imbroglio
User

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 10:58 PM
1989 was the year that the remake of Night of the Living Dead went into production. It was also the year that The Dead Next Door, an independent film produced by Sam Raimi, was released.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Did you know?