Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Anything on the DVD release that I might need?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
digit
User

on Thursday, July, 05, 2012 11:13 AM
I'm still watching the movie off a recording. I taped it off of Starz or something along those lines. Does anyone know if there is a compelling reason for me to buy the DVD?

I'm not doing Blu-ray, so whatever is on there is not relevant.

Thanks.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

DrP
User

RE: Anything on the DVD release that I might need?

on Thursday, July, 05, 2012 9:11 PM
digit Wrote:I'm still watching the movie off a recording. I taped it off of Starz or something along those lines. Does anyone know if there is a compelling reason for me to buy the DVD?

Thanks.

It's about quality. It must look pretty awful on recorded VHS tape! May I ask why not go to blu-ray, the quality is such a dramatic improvement over DVD that it's truly worth it (IMHO).

END OF LINE

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 10:52 AM
DrP Wrote:
digit Wrote:I'm still watching the movie off a recording. I taped it off of Starz or something along those lines. Does anyone know if there is a compelling reason for me to buy the DVD?

Thanks.

It's about quality. It must look pretty awful on recorded VHS tape! May I ask why not go to blu-ray, the quality is such a dramatic improvement over DVD that it's truly worth it (IMHO).

Oh, no! It's not recorded onto VHS, LOOOL. I have a DVD recorder.

I really can't afford a blueray player right now, frankly. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with DVD. Mostly, I only watch 80's stuff, sci-fi and cartoons. The DVD format is good enough for what I do. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 11:21 AM
the dvd has a behind the scenes feature, but that's about it.
Blu ray is cool, but really unless you watch a dvd beside a blu ray, you can't tell that big of a difference. i have to say though, the blu ray has alot more features and stuff on it, which is definitely worth the money.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 11:38 AM
becktherenegade Wrote:the dvd has a behind the scenes feature, but that's about it.
Blu ray is cool, but really unless you watch a dvd beside a blu ray, you can't tell that big of a difference. i have to say though, the blu ray has alot more features and stuff on it, which is definitely worth the money.

Yeah, I'm generally behind the technology curve. I was one of the last to get a VHS player, and I'll inevitably end up being one of the last to get a blu ray player.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 12:09 PM
lol actually i don't have one either. i was going to get one, but then i went to my friends house (who owns one) and i watched a few movies on it. i figured out its really not something that's worth the money right now

"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 1:38 PM
becktherenegade Wrote:lol actually i don't have one either. i was going to get one, but then i went to my friends house (who owns one) and i watched a few movies on it. i figured out its really not something that's worth the money right now

Yeah, I'm just not that into such stuff. I don't even have a widescreen tv. I refuse to do away with my traditional set, and there isn't anywhere for me to put a second unit.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

DrP
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 5:56 PM
becktherenegade Wrote:the dvd has a behind the scenes feature, but that's about it.
Blu ray is cool, but really unless you watch a dvd beside a blu ray, you can't tell that big of a difference. i have to say though, the blu ray has alot more features and stuff on it, which is definitely worth the money.

I'm going politely disagree on the "can't tell the difference between blu-ray and DVD". If you have a 1080p set, and are at the correct viewing distance then it's a huge difference. The number of pixels on the screen is 6 times as high on Blu-ray vs DVD (1920x1080 vs 720x480). We're not taking about a 10% increase, but rather 600% increase. If you are having difficulty telling this apart, then something is not set up correctly. As equally as important is the bit-rate of the video streams which is also 4-5 times as high on blu-ray than DVD (and uses a superior codec which means better picture, even the data amount is the same). If you can't tell the difference between the two, there is some inherent problem with you setup (in most cases people having their viewing anlge really off).

Blu-ray players and High-def TV's are so cheap these days and you don't have to spend $10,000 to get a good experience. Even a modest investment can be really nice. For anybody that really enjoys watching movies, I high recommend getting blu-ray.

If you feel your not getting a good experience, post a few pics of your setup in the http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=426976 thread. We can give some tips on how to get the best out of what you've got.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

END OF LINE

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 6:14 PM
actually im more than happy with what ive got which is a 40 inch flat screen in my room and a 60 inch flat screen in my basement. i play movies on my xbox 360 in my room, and on my xbox 360 slim with kinect in my basement.
yeah, im not going to waste my money on a Blu ray when what i have is better than what most people do.

-Beck

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 6:22 PM
Yeah, I'm a cartoon fanatic. They look fine the way they are, and on my current tv

I can see why someone else would want such a thing, but not me. I'm anti-hollywood. For somebody like me who doesn't watch many movies to begin with, it would be overkill.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 6:31 PM
I watch TRON: uprising on the tv, and then i watch a good bit of movies. really i dont have that much time for movies since im outside most of the time, and then i come inside at night and all i do is play my xbox. so really, there the only movies i watch alot is TRON legacy and Tim Burton's movies. Come to think of it though, i mostly watch movies on my computer.... makes it a bit more personal.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

-Beck

DrP
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 6:42 PM
I can see where your coming from. I really enjoy movies, and I view it as a hobby. I really pursue the highest quality I can. I guess that's why I built a dedicated home theater room in my house. But I can appreciate the fact that other people are just looking for a "casual" experience and don't want to invest in anything too expensive. I am also really into music so I have a pretty expensive stereo as well. It gives me a lot of joy to do these things so I don't mind spending some capital on them. I guess it's like people who are into cars. For me it just takes me from point A to B, but for others it's a pleasurable experience and thus they don't mind spending a lot of money on extra cars.

Too each his own... where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

END OF LINE

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 9:00 PM
You know, it's funny. I've given up on radios and stereos completely. MP3 players are kicking the crap out of all that stuff. They now have radio recording and everything. Boom boxes and such in this day and age are alarmingly obsolete. They even "include" cassette recording facilities. Gee, thanks.

My current Mp3 player is 3 years old. I got it for free after a mail-in rebate. There's nothing like it.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 9:01 PM
yeah, i just spend so much money on my costuming and replica supplies that i just dont want to really spend my playing money on anything else. my parents might buy one eventually to have at the house, but until then, im all set

-Beck

DrP
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 9:14 PM
digit Wrote:You know, it's funny. I've given up on radios and stereos completely. MP3 players are kicking the crap out of all that stuff. They now have radio recording and everything. Boom boxes and such in this day and age are alarmingly obsolete. They even "include" cassette recording facilities. Gee, thanks.

My current Mp3 player is 3 years old. I got it for free after a mail-in rebate. There's nothing like it.

I have no problem with mp3 players, I probably own close to half a dozen, but the sound quality is nothing more that "crap" compared to a high end system. It's unfortunate that we have "almost completely" sacrificed quality for convenience. The truth is you can't have both. A good Vinyl record or SACD makes mp3's sound like background noise. And I'm not talking about some cheap Sony, I'm talking audiophile level stuff, McIntosh, Conrad Johnson, Martin Logan, etc. Some people will cringe on paying a few thousand bucks for an amplifier but the sound you get from a "real" setup is such a joy to listen to. I think most people have never heard music played on high end equipment so they don't really know what they're missing.

END OF LINE

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 9:23 PM
I have to disagree. I think it all comes down to your headphone brand. I've tried many different brands. Most are no good. The best ones I've found are, conveniently, sold at Big Lots, Sentry Metallix. Those things are fabulous. I listen to a wide variety of music styles too, everything from metal, classic 80's, techno, and trance, etc. They work well in all cases.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

DrP
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 9:33 PM
Not a big headphone guy myself. I like good old full range tower speakers. Last time I was at my local audiophile shop I was listening to some the higher end Grado headphones just for fun and they sounded rather nice paired with a descent headphone amp. I also thought of getting some molded in ear phones as store bought ones don't seem to fit me very well (they keep falling out). I thought spending $1,000 on some ear buds were a little excessive for me as I only listen with that stuff when I'm on a plane, and that's a noisy environment so I wouldn't get the performance out of them.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

END OF LINE

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 9:47 PM
Give them a try; they cost only $6. You will be fairly shocked. Then download the Mp3 for "International Karate" off Amazon by Instant Remedy. That combo is almost spiritual; best $7 you'll ever spend

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

DrP
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 10:08 PM
digit Wrote:Give them a try; they cost only $6. You will be fairly shocked. Then download the Mp3 for "International Karate" off Amazon by Instant Remedy. That combo is almost spiritual; best $7 you'll ever spend

$7, how can I say no that.

END OF LINE

digit
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 10:12 PM
For a while there, they had Sentry Woodies. They were headphones made of wood. I never find them anymore, unfortunately. Those are worth picking up for sure. The sound is a little different, but still great.

I go through headphones every few weeks. They get destroyed at the gym. I just buy them in bulk. I don't know what I'll do if they ever stop making them

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY