Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Blooper spotted in perfectionist director Stanley Kubrick's 2001 masterpiece!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

on Wednesday, July, 18, 2012 6:16 PM
Ah yes, I am so proud of myself for spotting a blooper in 2001, which is a special prize seeing as Kurbrick was one one seriously an*al retentive perfectionist with his movies. If he was shooting a scene on a set dressed to look like a doctor's office, for instance, the drawers in that scene HAD to be fi;lled with medical instruments even if the drawer wasn't even going to be opened on screen!

I had this in another forum where something like 70 programs looked at but none had commented. Plus it's more on (or should I say "off") subject here.

So anyhow, in 2001, when Bowman has made it back into his spaceship and is on his way to deactivate HAL, he is shown entering HAL's mainframe compartment. The camera is aimed up at the door so we sort of see Bowman from below as he enters the room while wearing his space suit. You can clearly see as he does this that there is a several-inch-wide, flesh-exposing gap between the left hand glove of his space suit and the rest of the suit. Since the suit is supposed to be sealed, this is clearly a blooper since you wouldn't see exposed skin between the glove of the suit and the sleeve of it.

I feel like I've won out over Kubrick himself!!

BTW, if you want to know what the obelisks are, what they do, where they come from and what the end sequence of the movie-as well as the Star Child at the end-mean, read the damn book already, will you? Clarke wrote the book and the co-wrote the screenplay. But in the book, everything is clearly explained, and it happens to be an easy read, as are all the others in the 2001 series right through to 3001. The movie will not make sense to you until you do, and don't bother asking me what any of that meaning is, because you should get off your lazy ass and read the book. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

EXODUS
User

RE: Blooper spotted in perfectionist director Stanley Kubrick's 2001 masterpiece!

on Sunday, February, 03, 2013 4:33 AM
I saw a show the other day called Great Movie Mistakes (which shows lots of movie bloopers, purely for entertainment reasons), and they did have this one on there.

BUT, they also showed ANOTHER ONE as well:

In the scene where we see the small shuttle flying across the moons surfice towards the Monolith there are some astronauts onboard talking about the Monolith.
One of the astronauts is holding something (a file or a map, or something), and in the next scene he's holding something else instead.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors