Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 So...are Paige and Pavel the only competent people Tessler has under his command?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
LORD_Z3DD
User

So...are Paige and Pavel the only competent people Tessler has under his command?

on Monday, July, 23, 2012 9:31 PM
Do you guys remember those old cartoons that used the same villian every.single .episode.? Im talking about cartoons like " Wacky races" remember how non threatening dick dastardly was? Tessler is beginning to be this and you know why? because aparently the only people he has under his command are minions that are defeated with one punch (the sentrys), Pavel who is only threatening because he has made two intelligent decitions so far and Paige who is a pretty good fighter but we already know she is not good enough to derezz Beck and Beck wont derezz her .

The black guard were being used to give a little variety to the fights in the show , but in "Price of power" Beck defeats all of them with punches reducing their threat level to the same level that the putty patrollers had in power rangers.

In "Identity" Kobol is introduced,he is an elder program who is able to hold his own against TRON , something not even Beck can do, you would think that the writers would want to use him a second time but aparently they said "screw that , we need more fights with Paige" and derezzed kobol

Speaking of Paige, how many times has she fighted Beck so far? She fights with him in "Becks Beginning" ,"The Renegade part 2 " ,"Blackout", " Isolated" and "Price of Power" that means that she has fighted beck a total of 5 times and the show has only 7episodes so far! Everytime Paige activates her disc im like “oh God here we go again”

I dont hate Paige mind you , I think her backstory is very interesting and the fact that she is the strongest minion Tessler has is actually kind of refreshing, but every time she fights she becomes less and less threatening.

Then theres Pavel, he was kind of threatening in his first apearence , he wasnt as strong as Paige but was capable of thinking outside the box , making the rebels fight each other instead of the black guards was brilliant, unfortunately flanderization hit him like a ton of bricks and in the next episode he was screaming "IM KING OF THE HILL, THE BIG CHEESE" All of this while acting like a moron and almost getting himself killed.

This is my only problem with Uprising, everything else like The writing , the secondary characters (even thought I definitely didn’t root for Zed in “The Renegade” ) and the designs is awesome in my opinion, but I think the villains beign non threatening is a big flaw , seeing as they are vital to the story.

Anyone else shares my views?

KingJ.exe
User

RE: So...are Paige and Pavel the only competent people Tessler has under his command?

on Monday, July, 23, 2012 9:46 PM
Eh, I think Tessler is pretty intimidating. That derez he did in Price of Power was pretty impressive. Pavel is kinda hard to take seriously, especially when he gets arrogant, but now that he has the Weapon, I don't know, he was pretty intimidating slamming Beck's head into the control panel. Paige is intimidating because we KNOW she can derez Beck, she just hasn't had the right opportunity. Something has always interrupted. A forgotten arm, a giant fan, an explosion, the need to escape, etc. Something always got in the way. I think they're building up to the point where she won't derez Beck not because she can't , but because she's had second thoughts about the military. I think they're focusing on Paige more because of the plot they have for her. I think Pavel is going to be focused on more once Paige's storyline comes to a close. The black guards, well, I still think they can be pretty intimidating, Beck had the weapon when he REALLY kicked butt. The other time, he was just clever and strategic.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING