Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Anyone purchase the PS3 add-on featuring classic Light Cycle grid?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
1982program
User

on Sunday, August, 26, 2012 8:22 PM
Was wondering if it is worth a purchase. The add-on description says it includes an arena modeled after the 1982 Light Cycle grid. The add-on is $4.99.

I personally played thru Evolution once and played a few online rounds, but I am not a big online gamer. Found the game controls to be a bit too sketchy and the fights / boss battles were too repetitive however the thought of cruising on the classic grid is hard to pass up.

emdeesee
User

RE: Anyone purchase the PS3 add-on featuring classic Light Cycle grid?

on Monday, August, 27, 2012 2:57 PM
1982program Wrote:Was wondering if it is worth a purchase. The add-on description says it includes an arena modeled after the 1982 Light Cycle grid. The add-on is $4.99.

I personally played thru Evolution once and played a few online rounds, but I am not a big online gamer. Found the game controls to be a bit too sketchy and the fights / boss battles were too repetitive however the thought of cruising on the classic grid is hard to pass up.

If you are interested in playing online, then yes, it's absolutely worth it. The new maps are all quite good.

If you aren't interested in playing online, though, you might still receive $5 worth of enjoyment from exploring the different maps in the bundle. Each is different from the next, and they all have unique features. The Classic light cycle map you mention, is great for playing on, but not particularly interesting by itself, except for the novelty of the old-style grid. It's essentially a big empty box with some recognizable decoration.

Because of its minimalism, though, removing all the obstacles and the need to memorize the layout of the map, Classic boils a match down to program vs. program, skill vs. skill. It's a pretty great place for match. (It took me a while to realize that.)

You might also enjoy "Relic", another light cycle map, which features the classic light cycle grid as it is slowly consumed by the Outlands. (Also a crashed old-style recognizer and Sark's derelict carrier.)

So - yes, recommended. Hope to see you on the Grid.

1982program
User

on Wednesday, August, 29, 2012 10:48 PM
Your description of "Relic" has sold me. I'm definitely going to get the add-on. It has been a while since I played thru the game and I wasn't a fan of the online / single player gameplay....the whole game felt rushed and repetitive however the atmosphere and graphics of the single player campaign were awesome. Being in the Tron universe can't be beat. Thanks for the info!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, August, 29, 2012 11:59 PM
I've been considering saving up for a PS3 so I can get Evolution and this DLC package (among other things, of course).

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

anonymouspunk89
User

on Thursday, August, 30, 2012 12:26 PM
Wait...... there's a classic map?!?!?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Cyberwolven
User

on Thursday, August, 30, 2012 2:09 PM
That's weird. I thought those add on maps were for free.
It's too bad they haven't released those for PC users yet. I'd love to take a look at them.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

emdeesee
User

on Monday, September, 10, 2012 10:38 AM
anonymouspunk89 Wrote:Wait...... there's a classic map?!?!?

Yes, it comes with the DLC.

emdeesee
User

on Monday, September, 10, 2012 10:46 AM
1982program Wrote:Your description of "Relic" has sold me. I'm definitely going to get the add-on. It has been a while since I played thru the game and I wasn't a fan of the online / single player gameplay....the whole game felt rushed and repetitive however the atmosphere and graphics of the single player campaign were awesome. Being in the Tron universe can't be beat. Thanks for the info!

My pleasure.

FWIW, I think online multiplayer mode is where this game really shines. I've been playing regularly since nearly the beginning, and I'm still tinkering with combinations of disc mods and enhancers. I don't know about XBL and PC, but on the Playstation Network, I have the impression that the more interesting multiplayer modes (Power Monger and Bit Runner) are overlooked in favor of the simpler (Disintegration and Team Disintegration). Power Monger and Bit Runner are fun IMHO.

emdeesee
User

on Monday, September, 10, 2012 10:50 AM
Cyberwolven Wrote:That's weird. I thought those add on maps were for free.
It's too bad they haven't released those for PC users yet. I'd love to take a look at them.

IIRC Codestream Nexus and User's Plaza were distributed at no cost, while one has to pay for the second batch of DLC, which includes Drydock, Relic, Classic, Spires, and Skyline.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution