Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Is it normal to fantazie about programs as lovers?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, September, 16, 2012 6:27 PM

Sometimes I think of some of the programs like Gem and Yori was super hot, and I would like to marry them..

If it normal to think of programs as someone to marry??

what if you view on this ?
I think the love of a hot female program is the purest love of all.

What do you say ?

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Kat
User

RE: Is it normal to fantazie about programs as lovers?

on Monday, September, 17, 2012 12:39 AM
I'd say no more or less normal than to fantasize about any fictional character? Or, perhaps, for that matter, anyone out of your league?

I guess if we had to be realistic all the time, life would be very boring. I suppose everyone has, at some point, fantasized about someone unattainable (or, even a life situation that is unattainable). Perhaps the worrying part comes in when such a thing grows beyond a casual passing fantasy for fun and begins to take over one's thoughts and life to an unhealthy degree, or when one begins to become unable to separate fantasy from reality.

Although I admit that I always thought one of the attractions of a program is that they'd be *unlikely* to push for marriage...order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, September, 17, 2012 1:43 AM

I just think that maybe programs have a more pure soul than humans don't you think?

mmmm that's interesting.
Well yeah maybe some programs would not want to get married,
and some would...
I never thought of that.

Hmm sometimes I think my fantasies about programs are unhealthy..
sometimes I dream about Gem.. me and her riding on the Grid...
drinking pure source in the City... and listening to music..

I even wrote her a poem..

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Kat
User

on Monday, September, 17, 2012 8:05 AM
Nah, I wouldn't say programs are any more pure or innocent or anything than we are, except as they might be by necessity because of the differences of our lifestyles. (See: Clu2, Castor, Gem, Jarvis, any of the MCP's or Clu's guards.) In fact, I daresay they were trying to make the point in both films that we and programs are very alike indeed. Perhaps programs might wonder if it's wrong to fantasize about users. That might make an interesting plot point.

(I never imagined programs would have traditional user marriage in their social mores, considering they probably don't have traditional user religions and such to dictate such things. Whether they have some form of romantic commitment or bonding, and whether that resembles our idea of commitment, or is as widespread and even "socially required" as in our experience, we don't know. It's never addressed. We know Tron and Yori are in a relationship, but we get no details about same except that they are-- not how it started, how long they've been together, how they themselves think of the relationship, etc. Like Alan and Lora, we're simply to accept that they are together in some form, and not worry about the details.)order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2012 2:22 PM
The thing is, is it the CHARACTERS that people think about, or is it the ACTORS/ACTRESSES that portray them?

There is a big differance there. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

J
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2012 4:32 PM
Honestly, the closest I come is having to work out logistics for a fanfic scene. And frankly, that's more of a pain the the butt than a turn on.

"Obsidian" required three shots of rum to bleach my brain after writing it because the whole setup is twisted and was the product of dozing off while reading the Betrayal comic on the 2AM bus. The one Jet/Merc scene I already posted? Again, trying to figure out the logistics and the correct tone, trying to ride the line between terror and pleasure, was more of a concern. I may revisit the issue in a later chapter of Invasion under more consensual and happier circumstances. I'll probably also have to work out the details on how to present Program relations in "Bundled" (one of my WiPs)

If you're cool with slash, Google the Tron Kink Meme, either the archive on LiveJournal, or the (slow-moving) current stash on Dreamwidth. Some fine writing there, but as the name suggests, much of it takes a deep swig from Rule 34.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2012 10:04 PM
EXODUS Wrote:The thing is, is it the CHARACTERS that people think about, or is it the ACTORS/ACTRESSES that portray them?

There is a big differance there.

The Characters! I like Gem...
the girl who plays her i don't like..
because she did not know about Tron..
and she does not like video games..
i only find her pretty as Gem...
but if Gem was real.. she would be a program I would fall in love with ..

Kat
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2012 10:21 PM
MCPcomputer Wrote:
EXODUS Wrote:The thing is, is it the CHARACTERS that people think about, or is it the ACTORS/ACTRESSES that portray them?

There is a big differance there.

The Characters! I like Gem...
the girl who plays her i don't like..
because she did not know about Tron..
and she does not like video games..
i only find her pretty as Gem...
but if Gem was real.. she would be a program I would fall in love with ..

LOL, so you're into two-faced, backstabbing bitches? I smell Jerry Springer in your future.

Personally, I enjoy Tron as a character... just wish I could get into Bruce. But then it's often that way with characters in movies-- you think you would like the character as a person (platonic or otherwise), even if you don't give two figs about the actor who plays the role. The two are and should be completely separate-- any actor who only plays roles that are a mirror of him/herself isn't worth much as an actor. Likewise, I'd be wary of anyone who can't separate the actor and character.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, September, 20, 2012 12:18 AM
I would have to disagree on your statement that love with a program is the purest love of all. Don't you face the risk of file corruption?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, September, 20, 2012 1:16 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:I would have to disagree on your statement that love with a program is the purest love of all. Don't you face the risk of file corruption?

Hmm good point... and maybe you marry a Virus not knowing they are a virus..
then get infected.. and well then the whole system shuts down...

Kat
User

on Thursday, September, 20, 2012 8:17 AM
So instead of having a crazy ex, everybody on the Grid has a glitchy ex?

"Sure, at first he seemed like a really nice guy, but as time went on, he got more and more buggy..."

Plus, you know, you get involved with a program, pretty soon they start expecting special privileges, like to get their updates before anyone else, etc...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, September, 20, 2012 11:35 AM
"I was running her in administrator mode! ADMINISTRATOR MODE! What more could she have wanted?!"

PSN - TRON-dll

Kat
User

on Thursday, September, 20, 2012 10:15 PM
"If you really loved me, you'd give me unlimited permissions..."

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

emdeesee
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2012 9:16 AM
Kat Wrote:"If you really loved me, you'd give me unlimited permissions..."

Haw!

I hope it's not a sharing violation to tell you this sentence has actually been uttered.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2012 2:39 PM
I declare that this thread is now "Pickup lines for programs". Have at it.

"Babe, I'll format you so hard that you'll go from FAT32 to NTFS in a microcycle!"where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

PSN - TRON-dll

Kat
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2012 10:24 PM
emdeesee Wrote:
Kat Wrote:"If you really loved me, you'd give me unlimited permissions..."

Haw!

I hope it's not a sharing violation to tell you this sentence has actually be uttered.

The sad part? I tend to get into relationships with computer types, so I believe it.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

emdeesee
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2012 2:50 PM
You had me at "Hello World."

emdeesee
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2012 2:55 PM
Are you a debugger? Because you make my main loop stop.

emdeesee
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2012 3:01 PM
You must be a User, because you have privileged access to my private interfaces.

emdeesee
User

on Sunday, September, 23, 2012 3:04 PM
Are you overclocked? Because it just got hot in here...

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY