Tron 2.0 
 Help a Program out?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
anonymouspunk89
User

Help a Program out?

on Saturday, November, 03, 2012 7:59 PM
I just got Tron 2.0 for the PC (Yay!) but I need a little help, you see I've just run the installation program and the patch program (install program wouldn't work with autorun...yippee.) And I've gotten everything installed, but nothing will run.
I can go and and try running from the disc, using the shortcut, etc. But nothing will happen at all,
I'm currently running on Windows 7 64-bit edition and have tried running in compatibility mode but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any ideas?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

RE: Help a Program out?

on Saturday, November, 03, 2012 8:28 PM
Ask TronFAQ. He helped me out when I had installation problems.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

anonymouspunk89
User

on Saturday, November, 03, 2012 9:26 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:Ask TronFAQ. He helped me out when I had installation problems.
Good idea, thanks Spark

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, November, 03, 2012 9:37 PM
anonymouspunk89 Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:Ask TronFAQ. He helped me out when I had installation problems.
Good idea, thanks Spark

No problem. Always happy to help a fellow program.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 12:23 AM

The first thing I'd try is the Unofficial patch rather than the Official one, if you haven't already.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html#unofficialpatch

If you've already tried the Unofficial patch, then you'll need to provide some more details about what's happening, exactly. Game not loading at all? Games loads but black screen? Game crashes?

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 1:06 AM
From the way you worded it, it sounds like you installed the game, and then patched it without starting it. This will cause problems, since the patch needs the game's ini file in order to install correctly, which isn't created until you launch the game for the first time (in administrator mode, if you're on Vista, 7, or presumably 8).abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

anonymouspunk89
User

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 3:44 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:From the way you worded it, it sounds like you installed the game, and then patched it without starting it. This will cause problems, since the patch needs the game's ini file in order to install correctly, which isn't created until you launch the game for the first time (in administrator mode, if you're on Vista, 7, or presumably 8).
So THAT'S what I did wrong! I can't believe I did that, I've looked at some of the topics already on here which suggest that you start the game before patching it. Man I feel like a moron, lol.
Thanks a ton program! (I mean it)
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 4:45 PM

anonymouspunk89 Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:
From the way you worded it, it sounds like you installed the game, and then patched it without starting it. This will cause problems, since the patch needs the game's ini file in order to install correctly, which isn't created until you launch the game for the first time (in administrator mode, if you're on Vista, 7, or presumably 8).
So THAT'S what I did wrong! I can't believe I did that, I've looked at some of the topics already on here which suggest that you start the game before patching it. Man I feel like a moron, lol.

Umm, actually, running the game before patching is completely unnecessary. The patch isn't looking for any .ini (actually .cfg) files to modify. Whatever problem has been occurring, it had nothing to do with that.

Now, if you want to install the Killer App Mod, different story. Yes, the mod needs to modify a .cfg file that won't be there unless you run the game at least once. And you definitely want to be running the game with Administrator privileges from the start, or else it will never save your preferences in the game and cause all kinds of problems.

The next version of the mod (due out in the next 2-3 months, hopefully) is going to make installing and patching the game much less of a headache than it is now, because it's going to incorporate the patch into it, automatically set the game to run as Administrator (so you don't have to do it yourself), along with a lot of other improvements.

But right now the patch and the mod are two different things.

anonymouspunk89
User

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 7:53 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

anonymouspunk89 Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:
From the way you worded it, it sounds like you installed the game, and then patched it without starting it. This will cause problems, since the patch needs the game's ini file in order to install correctly, which isn't created until you launch the game for the first time (in administrator mode, if you're on Vista, 7, or presumably 8).

Umm, actually, running the game before patching is completely unnecessary. The patch isn't looking for any .ini (actually .cfg) files to modify. Whatever problem has been occurring, it had nothing to do with that.

Now, if you want to install the Killer App Mod, different story. Yes, the mod needs to modify a .cfg file that won't be there unless you run the game at least once. And you definitely want to be running the game with Administrator privileges from the start, or else it will never save your preferences in the game and cause all kinds of problems.

The next version of the mod (due out in the next 2-3 months, hopefully) is going to make installing and patching the game much less of a headache than it is now, because it's going to incorporate the patch into it, automatically set the game to run as Administrator (so you don't have to do it yourself), along with a lot of other improvements.

But right now the patch and the mod are two different things.

Oh.... Well whatever made the game unable to run has stopped (Woot!) and have been playing all afternoon.
It was really weird to say the least (The problem, not the game. Game is awesome.)
Also, new version of the Killer App mod you say? Any new features?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 8:52 PM

Glad to hear you got it working.

anonymouspunk89 Wrote:

Plenty!

You can click the small "Youtube" link in my signature to visit my channel, where I uploaded a bunch of preview videos. I think you'll like what you see.

anonymouspunk89
User

on Sunday, November, 04, 2012 10:54 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Glad to hear you got it working.

anonymouspunk89 Wrote:

Plenty!

You can click the small "Youtube" link in my signature to visit my channel, where I uploaded a bunch of preview videos. I think you'll like what you see.

Don't mind if I do.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Help a Program out?