Is TV scheduling always so chaotic?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
emdeesee
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 10:48 AM
Charlie Bean (@bean_charlie) tweeted:
I stand corrected. #tronuprising will not be back next week but not to worry, it will be back soon, #thatsapromise. Stay tuned for details.

9:33 AM - 8 Nov 12

I wish I understood what's going on with the schedule.

What do you think, Bit?

renderinfo2
User

RE: Is TV scheduling always so chaotic?

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 11:36 AM
Wow, this is shocking, considering according to Mr. Bean, almost half of the already produced episodes haven't even been aired yet.

He didn't specifically say that. He specifically said 18 episodes have been produced, and by my count, only 10 episodes (including the premiere, Rewards and scars I/II) have been aired. I don't have the viewing numbers, but Disney is definitely NOT treating Tron Uprising like it's doing gangbusters.

Man, why am I always so "Debbie Downer"? Oh yeah, I know. It's because I really love TRON, and I really want more Tron whenever I can get it.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

emdeesee
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 11:55 AM
Charlie Bean (@bean_charlie) tweeted:
@emdeesee Agreed but they are just trying to figure out how to get ratings. It's just not working where it is. They need more eyeballs.

10:28 AM - 8 Nov 12

So they're looking for a time slot where it "works"...

Make of that what you will.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 11:56 AM
looks like no episode for the next two Fridays.

what I don't understand is that it is only shown ONCE a week! Where are the re-airings? I mean, You can watch a daily marathon of "Zeke and Luther" or any other show but Tron: Uprising gets ONE time slot?

Im hoping that they take this time and put Tron: Uprising repeats on the regular Disney Channel again....maybe.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

EXODUS
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 2:59 PM
In the UK Uprising was shown on Monday afternoons at 4:30pm.

But having said that, I havent seen an episode for WEEKS!

The last episode I saw was 'Isolated' but that was like over a MONTH ago! where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Mayorcan
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 11:40 PM
Yes, the whole "no reruns" thing is killing Uprising. Unless you have Disney and tuned in at 6:30 PM Central Time on a Friday, you're going to miss the episode and resort to hunting it down online. I'm still eating dinner at 6:30 PM on Fridays, so it is tough to do my part to help in the ratings battle. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, November, 09, 2012 1:37 AM
Mayorcan Wrote:Yes, the whole "no reruns" thing is killing Uprising. Unless you have Disney and tuned in at 6:30 PM Central Time on a Friday, you're going to miss the episode and resort to hunting it down online. I'm still eating dinner at 6:30 PM on Fridays, so it is tough to do my part to help in the ratings battle.

All episodes are available the next day to own on the Playstation Store and iTunes.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Aviator
User

on Friday, November, 09, 2012 5:37 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Mayorcan Wrote:Yes, the whole "no reruns" thing is killing Uprising. Unless you have Disney and tuned in at 6:30 PM Central Time on a Friday, you're going to miss the episode and resort to hunting it down online. I'm still eating dinner at 6:30 PM on Fridays, so it is tough to do my part to help in the ratings battle.

All episodes are available the next day to own on the Playstation Store and iTunes.
Not in my country. And I feel bad pirating them, but I don't have any other way of watching them because of stupid geographic restrictions.

EXODUS
User

on Friday, November, 09, 2012 6:00 AM
They also use to do reruns in the UK has well , BUT they tended towards more earlier episodes rather then the last episodes.
Even then, they're all over the schedules....abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

GuitarDinger
User

on Friday, November, 09, 2012 7:25 PM
Whoever is in charge of programming needs to be derezzed!

Is someone over there on digital CRACK?

Frustrated with the scheduling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, November, 09, 2012 7:43 PM
Sigh. If Disney would catch the drift that its other shows do better because they're rerun daily, they might get this show where they want it. Also, put it in on regular Disney channel, for Flynn's sake!

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

1982program
User

on Saturday, November, 10, 2012 11:58 AM
Seriously, I think Disney just doesn't respect the Tron franchise. They "market" it to the wrong audience, they don't offer any meaningful merchandising.

In order for audience's to follow the story line, they must be willing / able to entertain 3 different forms of media (TV animation, movie, video games) and even when your audience does this it is still a difficult story line to follow.

I have absolutely no experience in any type of production but the rollout / reintroduction of Tron to the public, to me, was a no brainer. Original Tron should have been in theaters w/ 3-D versions back in 2010 or 2011 (regardless of how teen focus groups felt of it's "outdated" visuals). Immediately after, show Tron: Legacy. Then Tron: Legacy should have been 2 movies, not one. It was already over 2 hours....include a bit more footage and back story and you have two 90 to 100 min feature films that bring us up to date. Since the original Tron is fresh on consumers minds, you can rollout both classic toys and up-to-date toys together on shelves. You make money off an old franchise by marketing to consumers who were kids when the original came out, consumers who now have cash they are willing to spend. You also don't alienate entire audience groups who have no idea about the original Tron by attempting to bring them up to date w/ the new movie.

Even w/ the above scenario, you can add animation and video games that tell important stories that are not necessarily essential to the overall storyline. Remember Disney, your core audience for Tron (worldwide) is about 35 years old right now, not 10. We are in our prime spending / earning years. Get your stuff together. Or, you could just spend 4 billion to get Star Wars and leave Tron behind.....that's an idea.

How many mistakes does Disney get before they give up? Sadly, I think we are already there.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Saturday, November, 10, 2012 12:42 PM
Aviator Wrote:O god. It may be End of Line for Tron: Uprising...

Well, at least we still have Tron 3 ...right?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, November, 10, 2012 1:26 PM

1982program Wrote:
They "market" it to the wrong audience

Disney has been doing this ever since they first tried bringing back Tron. Keep making the same mistake. They target new audiences exclusively, and pretty much ignore the existing fan base whenever they make decisions. Because we're the "sure thing".

I get that they're trying to appeal to a new young audience, and obviously an animated series resonates most strongly with kids. But by keeping the show pretty much exclusive to Disney X D , they're shutting out many existing fans while focusing almost exclusively on acquiring the new ones.

What they should be doing, is targeting existing fans and letting them evangelize the product in question. Word of mouth is far more powerful than any marketing campaign. If Disney put Uprising on a channel that was more accessible to a larger audience, existing fans would see it and gush about it to all their friends, getting them hooked on it.

Notice how when Disney hired 42 Entertainment to promote Tron Legacy, they decided to target existing fans by creating a Flynn's Arcade and building upon everyone's fond memories and nostalgia of the original film. It was a huge success, everyone was talking about it. But whenever Disney does the marketing themselves, they can't understand this basic premise.

I really hope a way can be found to improve the ratings and keep Uprising going. That Disney will wake up and see the light. Tron Uprising is just sooooo good.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, November, 10, 2012 2:11 PM
Man, I haven't had a chance to watch some of the episodes from the first season. I don't have Disney X D. I've seen two or three episodes at my parent's place and two episodes online.

If they showed it on basic cable it wouldn't have been a problem for me. Plus, at that time it was clashing with my schedule.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

1982program
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 12:58 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

1982program Wrote:
They "market" it to the wrong audience

Disney has been doing this ever since they first tried bringing back Tron. Keep making the same mistake. They target new audiences exclusively, and pretty much ignore the existing fan base whenever they make decisions. Because we're the "sure thing".

I get that they're trying to appeal to a new young audience, and obviously an animated series resonates most strongly with kids. But by keeping the show pretty much exclusive to Disney X D , they're shutting out many existing fans while focusing almost exclusively on acquiring the new ones.

What they should be doing, is targeting existing fans and letting them evangelize the product in question. Word of mouth is far more powerful than any marketing campaign. If Disney put Uprising on a channel that was more accessible to a larger audience, existing fans would see it and gush about it to all their friends, getting them hooked on it.

Notice how when Disney hired 42 Entertainment to promote Tron Legacy, they decided to target existing fans by creating a Flynn's Arcade and building upon everyone's fond memories and nostalgia of the original film. It was a huge success, everyone was talking about it. But whenever Disney does the marketing themselves, they can't understand this basic premise.

I really hope a way can be found to improve the ratings and keep Uprising going. That Disney will wake up and see the light. Tron Uprising is just sooooo good.

Exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Guess, that is what this forum is all about. By the way, does Disney own Starz? They have been and continue to show Tron:Legacy on a pretty decently heavy loop. I think it premiered on their channel a little less than a year ago but they must show it at least once every other week, to this day! Pretty cool. So, will keep hoping for some Tron 3 news soon and Uprising on DVD. Olivia Wilde seems to be pretty enthusiastic about the Tron franchise, maybe her new found super-stardom will push any Disney bean counters off the fence.

renderinfo2
User

on Monday, November, 12, 2012 2:10 PM
Just FYI - The "next" episode of Tron Uprising showed up in my DVR Search on Comcast. It's set to air Friday, 11/16/12 at 7:30pm EST

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Tron%3A-Uprising/5981509582895293112/full-episodes#episode=5070441890677724112&filter=all

11/16/12 - We both know how this ends
Mara tries to prove her leadership ability when she is put in charge of the garage while Able is away.

11/22/12 THURSDAY - Grounded
The Renegade is challenged by Tesler to a showdown, but Beck is grounded at the garage by Able. The situation forces Beck to choose between his duty to Able and his responsibilities as the Renegade.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 3:31 AM
the programming/scheduling people at Disney X D cable broadcasting are KILLING this series slowly by reapeated long hiatuses, moving the show to different times, not showing any repeat airings, and running cheezy ads on the channel making the series seem like a cheezy cartoon for boys 4-8 yrs old when it's *not*.

I can not fathom *why* the marketing/advertizing of Tron Uprising is so very weak, and I can not fathon why it's not running in prime time on ABC (like right before "Once Upon A Time" when it has appeal beyond boys 4-8 yrs old audience.) Puting this series on right before "Once Upon A Time" would expose a greater audience to the series and most likely garner much better ratings I think.

It kinda is starting to infruiate and disappoint me how this is being handled by Disney marketing-wise and scheduling-wise.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 5:44 PM
Speaking of, I just checked my tv schedule and it says there isn't an episode this Friday. I'm really lost now. Yesterday it said there was, but now it's saying there isn't. Has anyone else seen that?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

BanditTron
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 5:56 PM
Nothing for NEXT Friday either on the X D schedule online.

I'm saddened by this.

How many times can you show Kickin' It and Crash and Bernstein but not give any slots to re-airings of Tron: Uprising??!?!?!?!

If they want more viewers, all they have to do is have repeat showings of the older episodes. How difficult is that to understand? arrrrrrhhhhh!!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING