TRON: LEGACY 
 Timing of Legacy and The Next Day

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Tzigone
User

on Tuesday, December, 18, 2012 6:01 PM
I know the movie came out in December, but was it actually set in December? I seem to recall something (I want to say a memo from "The Next Day," but it might have been an in-movie news article) saying in November 1990 that it was "just over a year" since Flynn disappeared. Then there is the issue of whether or not Sam's prank is on the actual anniversary of Flynn's disappearance, that general time or year, or just once a year - I seem to recall it being said it was on the actual anniversary, but that makes the ENCOM head honchos look foolish for releasing the OS that day. Young Sam seems to have rolled-up sleeves when he rides away on his bike, but Alan is wearing a long coat in the present-day scenes, but no one else seems warmly dressed.

Is "The Next Day" the next morning after the bulk of the action (meaning the same day as the sunrise ride) or the next day after the movie ends? I'd thought the former, but then it's a little odd that Alan isn't at ENCOM for Sam's arrival - and that probably isn't 8 am. Or did Sam arrive, put Alan in charge and make some annoucements, leave for lunch (or to check on Quorra) while Alan got interviewed, and then return? And the press just didn't see him arrive at 8 because that's before the story broke? Not sure why they missed him leaving the first time, though.

Last thought: who is the "step aside" guy? I'd think security, but the building had just a regular, uniformed security guard at night. BTW, I hope Sam made sure the guy didn't get fired.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY