TRON: LEGACY 
 After Legacy and before TRON 3 or Thanks to TRON 3

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
AnnieSweet
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 8:15 AM
I absolutely love Uprising, but my question is, is it suppose to fit in after Legacy, do they find a way to rebuild amogst themselves of what remains [as far as we know that being TRON/Rinzler] or is it supposed to be more of the untold story we hope to see in TRON 3? Does it tie in into The Next Day? Because most things in uprising tie together to make sense, but how far back or ahead is it supposed to take place? Cause I feel like they can find a way to tie it into either or. What are your thoughts?

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Pilgrim1099
User

RE: After Legacy and before TRON 3 or Thanks to TRON 3

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 9:55 AM
AnnieSweet Wrote:I absolutely love Uprising, but my question is, is it suppose to fit in after Legacy, do they find a way to rebuild amogst themselves of what remains [as far as we know that being TRON/Rinzler] or is it supposed to be more of the untold story we hope to see in TRON 3? Does it tie in into The Next Day? Because most things in uprising tie together to make sense, but how far back or ahead is it supposed to take place? Cause I feel like they can find a way to tie it into either or. What are your thoughts?

AnnieSweet
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 4:18 PM
Ah ok, that makes sense, I have the graphic novel, I still haven't played the video game [shanme on my part!] but it will probably be one of my next investments in the near future. And if thats the sequence case, then it upsets me that much more that the series is being canceled. Goodness I really don't want it to end.

As for Kosinski, there were a few loose ends, but I really respect what he was able to accomplish for it being his first movie. And Oblivion does look absolutely amazing! Hopefully with the right amount of heads writing the script and Kosinski having more experience [with Legacy and Oblivion already made] Tron 3 can really come together. *Here's to hoping it isn't the Real World concept*

Now i'm ganna have to find MOON and check it out! I'm never one to turn down a movie!

<33

Pilgrim1099
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 4:38 PM
AnnieSweet Wrote:Ah ok, that makes sense, I have the graphic novel, I still haven't played the video game [shanme on my part!] but it will probably be one of my next investments in the near future. And if thats the sequence case, then it upsets me that much more that the series is being canceled. Goodness I really don't want it to end.

As for Kosinski, there were a few loose ends, but I really respect what he was able to accomplish for it being his first movie. And Oblivion does look absolutely amazing! Hopefully with the right amount of heads writing the script and Kosinski having more experience [with Legacy and Oblivion already made] Tron 3 can really come together. *Here's to hoping it isn't the Real World concept*

Now i'm ganna have to find MOON and check it out! I'm never one to turn down a movie!

AnnieSweet
User

on Friday, January, 11, 2013 6:21 PM
Sounds like its right up my alley!

/Charon
User

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 1:25 PM
lol

then I got some other suggestions

in terms of space travel sci-fi
-Sunshine

if ya like a good time travel movie
-Looper

if you wanna see how interesting sci-fi can be with simply people talking in a room
-Man from earth

some proper mind fuckage
-Memento

wachowskis & tykwer made a movie with 6 simultaneous stories in different times/genres LOL
-Cloud atlas

post apocalyptic world where the rich watch kids fight to death for entertainment
-Hunger games

some more thought provoking stuff from nolan
-Inception
-Prestige

another scifi movie from bowies son
-Source code

more good sci-fi
-K-pax
-Aeon Flux
-Cargo (2009)
-District 9

and of course Oblivion seems to be something to look forward to, while tron 3 is getting slowly set up.
(another interesting sci-fi we barely know anything about coming out this year is Elysium)abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 2:32 PM
Watch MOON first before anything else!

Murdock.dat
User

on Saturday, January, 12, 2013 11:00 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Anyway, I highly recommend MOON. It'll haunt you for a long time in a good way, making you think. I swear by that film and bow before it.

Sorry to P!$$ on your parade, pal, but Moon wasn't THAT good. It was OK, but you think it was all that and a bag of chips??
**scratches head** I don't know about 2001 (hard to remember), but it certainly wasn't better than 2010, Alien, Aliens, etc.

/Charon Wrote:
-Looper

Really?? This thing doesn't even LOOK interesting. And no mention of 12 Monkeys?!? If you want a proper time travel movie with Bruce Willis, 12 Monkeys is the way to go. Watch THAT undisturbed and it will mess with your mind for a very, very long time. You can watch it 20 times and still pick up something you didn't before.

EDIT: As far as the other ones that I have seen, I definitely agree with you that Source Code, K-Pax, and District 9 were definitely good movies.

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

AnnieSweet
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 1:47 AM
Iv been dying to watch Cloud Atlas, and Hunger Games really surprised me! District 9 was absolutely amazing, and I love Aeon Flux, but Looper doesn't really call to me. As for moon, i'm actually buying it this upcoming weekend. Going to go on another movie binge! So im open for even more suggestions cause the place I go does 4-5 movies for $20, and im going to go all out! I appreciate all the suggestions, keep em coming! Like I said before, I'm not one to turn down movies! ^_^

<33

Murdock.dat
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 2:20 AM
AnnieSweet Wrote:Iv been dying to watch Cloud Atlas, and Hunger Games really surprised me! District 9 was absolutely amazing, and I love Aeon Flux, but Looper doesn't really call to me. As for moon, i'm actually buying it this upcoming weekend. Going to go on another movie binge! So im open for even more suggestions cause the place I go does 4-5 movies for $20, and im going to go all out! I appreciate all the suggestions, keep em coming! Like I said before, I'm not one to turn down movies! ^_^

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

AnnieSweet
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 2:33 AM
Comb the desert...

/Charon
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 6:37 AM
Just scifi stuff or do you like mystery/thriller/drama/comedy/other suggestions too? xD

Murdock.dat Wrote:
/Charon Wrote:
-Looper

Really?? This thing doesn't even LOOK interesting. And no mention of 12 Monkeys?!? If you want a proper time travel movie with Bruce Willis, 12 Monkeys is the way to go. Watch THAT undisturbed and it will mess with your mind for a very, very long time. You can watch it 20 times and still pick up something you didn't before.

Nah, twelve monkeys is a nice timetravel movie too, but I like Looper much more, because it deals with the paradoxes in a more interesting fashion.
Tweleve monkeys uses the 1 un-changable timeline concept, whereas Looper is closer to Back to the future, where any change in the past will overwrite the previous one, except its taken to the next logical step, by actually affecting the travellers memories as his past is overwritten bit by bit....and I also love it because its one of those movies where you catch an implied happy ending only if you paid attention

Another time-travel movie I like is Primer, but I don't know a single other person who does lol

If you're up for one that works like Twelve monkeys, then theres also DejaVu and a spanish or something movie, called Timecrimes.

Oh, and heres a random time travel short I stumbled upon on youtube xDDD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTO0ogdNMdYabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 10:04 AM
Murdock.dat Wrote:

Sorry to P!$$ on your parade, pal, but Moon wasn't THAT good. It was OK, but you think it was all that and a bag of chips??
**scratches head** I don't know about 2001 (hard to remember), but it certainly wasn't better than 2010, Alien, Aliens, etc.

Murdock,

It's not the intention of Sam Duncan Jones to try to have MOON be like 2001, but it was the inspiration, or part of it. MOON's premise is actually intelligently written with a lot of layers and in fact, it's one reason why I thought it had some slight tones to Tron: Legacy which I won't delve into the why so as to not spoil it to anyone reading here. lol.

However, the story was so good that I have to wonder what would've happened if Mr. Jones, son of David Bowie, were to write TRON? The outcome would be far different than the LOST boys' vision and much more fleshed out.

I've noticed some inspiration from OUTLAND (1982 film) in this one as well. It also reminded me a bit of SILENT RUNNING (1972) acted by Bruce Dern, one in which I suggest you check out. It's an old film, sure, but how they pulled off the production set was incredible in that the FX guy moved on to do the famous CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND.

The science portrayed in MOON was good and far more well grounded than what you would see in, say, Prometheus. It's funny because Gavin Rothery wrote a very scathing essay and blog about Ridley's latest film and how it fails on many fronts. That's when I realized that without him, MOON would've ended up as a crapfest. Duncan Jones was supposed to do a follow up sequel to MOON but for some reason, funding fell through and now he's going the route of doing a graphic novel based on the sequel. Not too different than what Darren Aronofsky did with The Fountain (both a film and graphic novel).

I've got a lot of respect for Rothery due to the fact they tried to go with the "hard" science fiction approach that has been lost for over 25 some years. The last "hard" sci fiction film Hollywood brought out was, I believe, ALIENS or ROBOCOP (Paul Verhoeven) in that vein. Gattaca, maybe?

MOON succeeds on a lot of things. It's definitely not on the level of Kubrick, but it comes pretty close.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 10:05 AM
Murdock.dat Wrote:
AnnieSweet Wrote:Iv been dying to watch Cloud Atlas, and Hunger Games really surprised me! District 9 was absolutely amazing, and I love Aeon Flux, but Looper doesn't really call to me. As for moon, i'm actually buying it this upcoming weekend. Going to go on another movie binge! So im open for even more suggestions cause the place I go does 4-5 movies for $20, and im going to go all out! I appreciate all the suggestions, keep em coming! Like I said before, I'm not one to turn down movies! ^_^

<33

Trust me on the 12 Monkeys, and btw Gattaca was a very good movie too. (can't go wrong with Jude Law, Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke in the same picture.)

And for a great round of sci-fi laughs, you must watch SPACEBALLS!! Enjoy!!

I saw Gattaca very briefly on cable tv years ago but did'nt have a chance to watch it in full. I'm well aware of how well made it was, though. Now Spaceballs was something else. If you want to go bizarre, you can't get any worse than: ICE PIRATES.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 10:10 AM

<33

I have not seen Cloud Atlas, Hunger and District 9 but loved Aeon Flux years ago on MTV. It was a very clever series. The Art of District 9 book with all the concept art was fascinating and that made me wonder what would've happened if the director of District 9 actually did TRON?

I think that Neil Blomkamp, Joe Kozinski and Sam Duncan Jones are the "quiet" heroes of ressurecting "hard" science fiction. Joe would be a hybrid of "hard" and "fluff" sci fi. The future of science fiction films lies with those three guys. I don't count JJ Abrams because he's full of it, trying too hard to impress with Super 8; another film that I've had issues with despite the acting brilliance of the kids on it.

AnnieSweet
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 5:21 PM
Personally, I thing that Neill Blomkamp (Director of District 9) couldn't pull tron off.At least not by himself.Dont get me wrong, I LOVE District 9 and its visuals were really dark, kinda sad, but yet very pleasing, but for a movie like TRON it wouldn't make sense. Blomkamp is releasing another movie, and the pictures [though it doesn't seem to be about aliens] already reflect they same feel as District 9. Now taking that and making TRON with that feel just would not make sense. Because there no sun in the TRON world [he uses sun looking lighting] and the Light Cycles and well everything, wouldn't evolve in such a choppy way because his designs and concepts are jagged, kinda rusty type metal.

Now if you say "What if he would have directed Transformers" Yes, I can totally see that happening.

As for J.J. Abrams, i'v never seen his interviews or anything but i'v seen some lost, and obviously watched Star Trek, and that movie absolutely blew my mind. I don't care if your not a Star Trek fan, you can still enjoy the film. And the second one Into Darkness looks like its going to be just as good. My friend and I make movies [crappy stuff] and we just look up to Abrams a lot.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY