TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON:Uprising *Glimmer Of Hope*

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
AnnieSweet
User

on Monday, January, 14, 2013 7:21 PM
A good friend of mine just sent me this! Please read it, and tell everyone and their mothers to tune into the last two episodes of Uprising. Don't lose hope, even if its a small glimmer, we can make it happen!

Producer Edward Kitsis has offered a small glimmer of hope for the show. He says the show isn't cancelled yet, offering the following. "“I don’t know what the future [of Tron: Uprising] is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers....The problem is, not enough people are watching it...At this point, I don’t believe its fate has been decided. So if people keep watching, then there’s still a chance. Please watch. Tell your friends!”
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=72575#Sv0JXk4kyx56Moci.99

<33

TRON.dll
User

RE: TRON:Uprising *Glimmer Of Hope*

on Monday, January, 14, 2013 9:56 PM
I'd love to watch it when it's on, but I can't because it only airs at 11PM on Sunday nights where I live.

The best I can do is buy the episodes when they're made available on PSN the next day.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, January, 14, 2013 10:14 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
The best I can do is buy the episodes when they're made available on PSN the next day.

And THIS is WHY Disney is'nt successful with Uprising. They assume the TRON audience lives on television but really the masses are on mobile and internet-based systems. Internet exclusivity is the way to go to keep the show alive. I know some of you will not agree with it but that is how I see it.

I use iTunes for this reason and don't have Disney X D or cable. What was the point of that when I can access episodes via PSN, Amazon or iTunes as downloadable content? where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 9:53 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:...but really the masses are on mobile and internet-based systems. Internet exclusivity is the way to go to keep the show alive...
I don't agree with that statement at all, but I entirely see how Disney has inadvertently kept their audience limited by only including it on Disney X D. I'm not even mentioning the time/date of airings.

I still believe in the "boob tube" myself, and although I am an avid Netflix/internet/youtube viewer, my primary viewing platform is still the giant TV screen. I really suspect that's true of most of the general population. I'm not saying that you can't view internet video content on the big screen, I'm just saying that's not the way "most" people do it naturally, not yet anyways.

Can you name ANY internet-exclusive series that has a massive budget and a massive audience? One that attracts the 14-21yr olds as well as the 35-50yr olds? I think Tron:Uprising can easily attract both audiences, but not as an internet exclusive. It needs to be available on the big TV screen "by default", not something that has to be rigged with a "player". My general feeling is that if Uprising became an internet exclusive, not only would the quality drop to nothing, but so would the viewership, even lower than it is now. I do agree that if it's on some network/cable/dish/premium channel, it should still ALSO be available via hulu/itunes/netflix/youtube/disney.com etc to insure the widest possible viewing audience. But making it an internet-exclusive is a mistake.

(Oh yeah, if the choice was between Internet-exclusive and nothing, then you've made a great case for Internet! LOL)

Just my thoughts...

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 10:08 AM
renderinfo2 Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:...but really the masses are on mobile and internet-based systems. Internet exclusivity is the way to go to keep the show alive...
I don't agree with that statement at all, but I entirely see how Disney has inadvertently kept their audience limited by only including it on Disney X D. I'm not even mentioning the time/date of airings.

I still believe in the "boob tube" myself, and although I am an avid Netflix/internet/youtube viewer, my primary viewing platform is still the giant TV screen. I really suspect that's true of most of the general population. I'm not saying that you can't view internet video content on the big screen, I'm just saying that's not the way "most" people do it naturally, not yet anyways.

Can you name ANY internet-exclusive series that has a massive budget and a massive audience? One that attracts the 14-21yr olds as well as the 35-50yr olds? I think Tron:Uprising can easily attract both audiences, but not as an internet exclusive. It needs to be available on the big TV screen "by default", not something that has to be rigged with a "player". My general feeling is that if Uprising became an internet exclusive, not only would the quality drop to nothing, but so would the viewership, even lower than it is now. I do agree that if it's on some network/cable/dish/premium channel, it should still ALSO be available via hulu/itunes/netflix/youtube/disney.com etc to insure the widest possible viewing audience. But making it an internet-exclusive is a mistake.

(Oh yeah, if the choice was between Internet-exclusive and nothing, then you've made a great case for Internet! LOL)

Just my thoughts...

I can see your points in this, but there are some people who don't have cable tv and are not willing to pay for Disney X D. I've a friend who downloads episodes to catch up with HOUSE and other movies that he fell behind with after he moved to Portland a year ago. No access to tv.

This is the demographic I'm talking about. Who wants to pay for Disney X D alone just to see Tron Uprising? That is a problem.

I do have a tv set but it's set up for my game consoles and Blu Ray player (PS-3). I've no cable tv and can't afford to pay for it, and I really don't need it.

Look at the tablet market. Look at Apple TV or Roku, for that matter. Look at the smartphone market. TV shows or live sports can be streamed to those devices.

Why Disney did'nt stream Tron: Uprising live online? Disney almost had it right when they premiered their first episode on their website with captions. And since I'm hard of hearing, I rely on that and this is why I download them via iTunes for this reason.

I think Disney is overlooking the 'internet' audience here because the Nielsen ratings only count for the television market and there does'nt seem to be a model for online viewers to figure in the demographics, to judge on whether to keep or cancel the show.

Think about it. What age group stays up at midnight on a Sunday, the night before school? Kids have to go to bed to get up for school. But teenagers or college students, on the other hand, might catch it, if they have time. But the adults, however, can easily do that and how many adult Tron fanatics are out there? I'm one of them and I'm one of those that caught the Tron wave way back in 1982 when GIJoe, Poltergeist, Blade Runner, ET and all that were the rage.

What was Disney thinking?

Oh and lastly, there are some web-based shows that exist out there that don't rely on the television market. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

tron510
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2013 12:06 PM
Your totally right i dont thing kids are going to stay up just to watch tron uprising but if disney some how changed the time to 7 or 6 yeah i bet alot people would watch it...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING