TRON: UPRISING 
 Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
Pilgrim1099
User

RE: Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising

on Friday, February, 08, 2013 9:23 AM
Hmmm. Let's see. If Disney can create a successful viral campaign with Tron: Legacy with alternate reality games (or such), why can't the fans go viral on them as well to reconsider cancelling Tron: Uprising?

Would've been nice if there was a way to send a viral message to all of Disney's computers live with a message warning not to cancel Tron: Uprising with the voice synthesizer built in.

Anyone got Kevin Flynn's phone number to do that for us?

Because if Disney does'nt reconsider, then they should be sent to the Games. And they probably would'nt last 3 seconds in Disc Wars at all.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, February, 08, 2013 6:30 PM
IZI Wrote: influence on the internet is good, everyone can help with that!
And i just opened an account on twitter for this purpose!

Are you 'SaveTronNow'? If so, I'm following you.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

DawnStar
User

on Friday, February, 08, 2013 11:03 PM
Hey, those are great idea, but are any of them going to actually be put into motion?
Because if we are going to make a change....we have to do something soon.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 3:13 AM
Would it be practical to divide our efforts into two threads? One as a list of ideas and organization (including addresses for sending of letters or objects), and another as our discussion board?

So far, we have a reasonable pool of material. Also, we have yet to make a name for ourselves, or make a basic draft of our cohesive wishes and viewpoints. If we have a central reference for ourselves, maybe a Blog or other site, we can refer that to others.

What ideas do you think would be best to turn towards first, DawnStar? As a group, what do you think is practical for us? I'd be welcome towards any suggestions.

As a basis, I think it's most important first to share our enthusiasm and desires for Tron: Uprising with Disney, first. To that end, promote sending of letters to Disney to let them know - concretely - our views and thoughts. Emails and Twitter/Social Media is one matter, but so far that's been left with little outward response.

Random ideas:

Charitable donations. Once Tron: Uprising is out on DVD, offer to donate a copy to places where it would be useful. Local libraries rent out DVDs. Drop-in Centres would offer viewership for a good cause. A children's hospital is another possibility. Also, these materials would have to be reviewed by their respective recipients. ... Offer to correspond on a letter and viewpoints, and request that a good review be sent to Disney; keep a couple of copies for yourself for later use in a charitable Public Relations portfolio.

Other charitable causes include donations to Graffiti Museums/Art Spaces (Spray paint cans, etc., perhaps sponsoring memberships for children or young adults), bike shops, and mechanic's study courses - Merely ask for a moment of time and a photograph, be sure to wear Tron: Uprising or general Tron livery - maybe carry a banner of 'Tron Lives!' or our official group, for photographs.

Of course, this requires waiting on the DVD or Blu-Ray material.

Donate some

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

DawnStar
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 3:24 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Would it be practical to divide our efforts into two threads? One as a list of ideas and organization (including addresses for sending of letters or objects), and another as our discussion board?

So far, we have a reasonable pool of material. Also, we have yet to make a name for ourselves, or make a basic draft of our cohesive wishes and viewpoints. If we have a central reference for ourselves, maybe a Blog or other site, we can refer that to others.

What ideas do you think would be best to turn towards first, DawnStar? As a group, what do you think is practical for us? I'd be welcome towards any suggestions.

As a basis, I think it's most important first to share our enthusiasm and desires for Tron: Uprising with Disney, first. To that end, promote sending of letters to Disney to let them know - concretely - our views and thoughts. Emails and Twitter/Social Media is one matter, but so far that's been left with little outward response.

Random ideas:

Charitable donations. Once Tron: Uprising is out on DVD, offer to donate a copy to places where it would be useful. Local libraries rent out DVDs. Drop-in Centres would offer viewership for a good cause. A children's hospital is another possibility. Also, these materials would have to be reviewed by their respective recipients. ... Offer to correspond on a letter and viewpoints, and request that a good review be sent to Disney; keep a couple of copies for yourself for later use in a charitable Public Relations portfolio.

Other charitable causes include donations to Graffiti Museums/Art Spaces (Spray paint cans, etc., perhaps sponsoring memberships for children or young adults), bike shops, and mechanic's study courses - Merely ask for a moment of time and a photograph, be sure to wear Tron: Uprising or general Tron livery - maybe carry a banner of 'Tron Lives!' or our official group, for photographs.

Donate some

There is a group on Facebook dedicated to saving TRON: Uprising called TRON Lives: A Petition to Save TRON: Uprising. I'm an admin of that group, and am open to all members wishing to join. Spread the word!

Also, I've been seeing multiple petitions floating around. Let's combine them all into a single large petition, as it will garner MUCH more attention, and will be easier to manage.

The ideas about donations is great, good job for bringing that up.

Another thing, how are we going to do those banners and stuff? Your ideas are great, but how do we mass-produce those to make it so that everyone has something? Oh, and are you guys planning to protest in front of the Disney Building? That would be interesting to try out.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 5:52 AM
Personally, I do not have much in the way of financial resources, myself - but I do try to find more efficient, home-created items. After all, while professionally-created items are good, I have whole faith in people to be able to bring about their own works. Personally, I might have to call on the community to find a very large format, scalable digital image of 'Tron Lives' graffiti for use in some 35 mm slides....

Another idea of mine was to create banners, if people are willing to march or form demonstration groups. Although the term 'demonstration' is quite open to details an interpretation, I see three things as vital: individual attire (shirts, most practically, as they imbue individual or group identity), signs (single or dual-person), and banners (for a group to be conducted. To that end, I had a sort of triangular banner idea of painted fabric, with grommets for easy setup.

Some materials can be easily sent and transported via mail: cloth is easily rolled and mailed. Meanwhile, sticks or pine board are easily purchased, held, and constructed for use.

With GAC Fabric paint converter, fair quantities of acrylic can be converted into fabric paint, applied, and used. So far as I am aware, they weather reasonably well. There is also this resource: http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/articles/as/banner01/
Personally, I'd see it as more meaningful to see demonstrators not just with text-based banners, but also stylized or simplified silhouettes or images of prominent characters of Uprising, perhaps as still pieces (see former comment of triangular banners), set with braces. Braces are not difficult to make, and would act as stands, which our willing Programs could march around. They'd make a more substantial gathering. Said objects could also easily be disassembled and transported.

I'll bring up the notion of a Frappr (or similar) map again. I'd like to know where groups are. Even a group as small as three could do some interesting things. Does anyone know how to set up such a thing?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

IZI
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 7:26 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
IZI Wrote: influence on the internet is good, everyone can help with that!
And i just opened an account on twitter for this purpose!

Are you 'SaveTronNow'? If so, I'm following you.

my avatarname is dontstaysilent. I think i bumped in to your posts the other day, so ill look you up. youll be able to find me then.

LucrataNexarii Wrote:Personally, I do not have much in the way of financial resources, myself - but I do try to find more efficient, home-created items. After all, while professionally-created items are good, I have whole faith in people to be able to bring about their own works. Personally, I might have to call on the community to find a very large format, scalable digital image of 'Tron Lives' graffiti for use in some 35 mm slides....

Another idea of mine was to create banners, if people are willing to march or form demonstration groups. Although the term 'demonstration' is quite open to details an interpretation, I see three things as vital: individual attire (shirts, most practically, as they imbue individual or group identity), signs (single or dual-person), and banners (for a group to be conducted. To that end, I had a sort of triangular banner idea of painted fabric, with grommets for easy setup.

Some materials can be easily sent and transported via mail: cloth is easily rolled and mailed. Meanwhile, sticks or pine board are easily purchased, held, and constructed for use.

With GAC Fabric paint converter, fair quantities of acrylic can be converted into fabric paint, applied, and used. So far as I am aware, they weather reasonably well. There is also this resource: http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/articles/as/banner01/
Personally, I'd see it as more meaningful to see demonstrators not just with text-based banners, but also stylized or simplified silhouettes or images of prominent characters of Uprising, perhaps as still pieces (see former comment of triangular banners), set with braces. Braces are not difficult to make, and would act as stands, which our willing Programs could march around. They'd make a more substantial gathering. Said objects could also easily be disassembled and transported.

I'll bring up the notion of a Frappr (or similar) map again. I'd like to know where groups are. Even a group as small as three could do some interesting things. Does anyone know how to set up such a thing?

home-created is more valuable i think. And still pieces of characters is a great idea.

A map should not be so hard to make. we should set up a group name, and a internet page for this. unfortunately im not good at creating them..

I live in Finland, with my small group who might help a little.

Though If there by any chance, depending on how this developes, are huge plans of a actual group demonstration/meeting i would really like to be involved, if the traveling could work out at that time. It would be really awesome to see/work with other fans directly.

But for now , whatever i can do from here, i will do! im gonna finish my two next letters today, and start working on the music.(i finally decided to give it a shot)

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

DawnStar
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 12:38 PM
Good ideas, although I'm not good at making maps and such.....

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 1:21 PM
Posted on John Lasseter's Facebook. I wonder if there will be any response?

"Greetings, Mr. Lasseter.

I hope that you are aware and connected to the clamor of Tron: Uprising fans. Wherever I have sought information online about it, it's response has been brilliant: people respect and love it's style, quality, and workmanship.

Most touching are the stories of parents bonding with their children over this show, and it's mature array of questions and presentation.

While many are longstanding fans of Tron, I am one of the latecomers, but my spirit towards the show and it's standing as a product of quality are clear.

When the series is released on DVD or Blu-Ray, I fully intend to purchase additional copies, and make donations to local libraries, drop-in centers, and to the local Children's Hospital/Health Sciences Center.... The implications of this choice should be clear: there are those that love this show enough to do everything in their power to see it not only be continued, but to foster other's liking for it, because it is wholly worthy of that credit.

As a personal appeal, if there is anywhere that we, the fans of Tron: Uprising, can reach any Disney representative of note, please allow us to know. The information channels and modes of communication are many. We are listening and eager. We only wish to be able to express our admiration and care for Tron: Uprising.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I wish you easy days, and great success! You've worked hard to become who you are, and where you are.

TRON LIVES!"

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 5:32 PM
DawnStar Wrote:
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Would it be practical to divide our efforts into two threads? One as a list of ideas and organization (including addresses for sending of letters or objects), and another as our discussion board?

Random ideas:

Donate some

There is a group on Facebook dedicated to saving TRON: Uprising called TRON Lives: A Petition to Save TRON: Uprising. I'm an admin of that group, and am open to all members wishing to join. Spread the word!

Also, I've been seeing multiple petitions floating around. Let's combine them all into a single large petition, as it will garner MUCH more attention, and will be easier to manage.

The ideas about donations is great, good job for bringing that up.

Another thing, how are we going to do those banners and stuff? Your ideas are great, but how do we mass-produce those to make it so that everyone has something? Oh, and are you guys planning to protest in front of the Disney Building? That would be interesting to try out.

Dawn,

So you're the admin of the actual Tron Sector facebook page? Nice! I've been part of that group for a while. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DawnStar
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 5:57 PM
Spread the word around! The more people that join, the better.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 3:14 PM
March letter written and will be sent this afternoon.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 3:58 PM
Those are looking nice, Shadowspark! Great work in sharing those headers, Sagitta! I hope someone in Disney feels the heartfelt force behind those Discs - er, letters.

... I don't currently have a color cartridge for my printer... But this sure makes me want to purchase one. (Mind you, for my printer type, they're bloody expensive. Pity.)

I do have calligraphy inks of many types, though. I had a hand-written page to my last set of letters, and I wanted to go with some calligraphy next time, just to up the anté. I'll have to scan those and share, likewise. I also have parchment-style paper, which I may or may not use. I was more intent on using this silver/gray granite-style paper, instead.

Were you going to post those letters on any other sites? Twitter? Tumblr? The more Programs that join in, the better!

Sagitta
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 11:11 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Those are looking nice, Shadowspark! Great work in sharing those headers, Sagitta! I hope someone in Disney feels the heartfelt force behind those Discs - er, letters.

... I don't currently have a color cartridge for my printer... But this sure makes me want to purchase one. (Mind you, for my printer type, they're bloody expensive. Pity.)

I do have calligraphy inks of many types, though. I had a hand-written page to my last set of letters, and I wanted to go with some calligraphy next time, just to up the anté. I'll have to scan those and share, likewise. I also have parchment-style paper, which I may or may not use. I was more intent on using this silver/gray granite-style paper, instead.

Were you going to post those letters on any other sites? Twitter? Tumblr? The more Programs that join in, the better!

For those able to only use black ink in their printers for whatever reason it would work. The teal blue would merely show as a type of grey when printed.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, March, 02, 2013 1:18 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Those are looking nice, Shadowspark!

They've already been posted on Twitter, but I don't have a Tumblr account. If you have one and want to post them there, you're welcome to do so.

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, March, 02, 2013 1:21 AM
I don't have a Tumblr account, but I've certainly thought about creating one. It would be good to connect to any and all Programs possible.

Thanks for the information again, Sagitta, but the letters would look so much more flashy/professional in their proper shade of blue.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, March, 02, 2013 3:10 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:I don't have a Tumblr account, but I've certainly thought about creating one. It would be good to connect to any and all Programs possible.

Go ahead. I've been thinking about making one too, might look into it tomorrow.

LucrataNexarii Wrote:Thanks for the information again, Sagitta, but the letters would look so much more flashy/professional in their proper shade of blue.

You could always print it in black-and-white, then trace over it with your calligraphy stuff.

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, March, 02, 2013 9:29 AM
Not a bad idea, Shadowspark. The only trouble is that any watercolor or ink application can tend to produce minor warping, but perhaps the sketchy/hand-worked effect might be nice. I'll have to give that a try.

On the same note as Sagitta's work, I've thought that light/transparent backgrounds might also be a nice touch. Most paper is standard 8.5x11, and I thought it would be neat to have edge circuitry, or similar motif there.

To keep letters interesting, I wanted to make up a series of topics to address, throughout my own letters. I'll share them here later, in case any other Program wants to take up the same stance, likewise. I see variation of our topics and matter as important.... I don't know how letters are processed, but if we keep them creative, diverse, honest, and intelligent, I can only hope that Disney might bring some greater seriousness to our cause.

I am also wondering if Disney would listen were we to continue this campaign using any more substantial objects. Someone mentioned sending in frisbees, marked with 'Tron Lives;' affordable and easy for many, and a concrete object, versus just a letter. I've thought of eventually breaking out my acrylics and oil paints (I have lots of spare canvases, really), and setting to work on a series of Uprising paintings. ... I'm no skilled painter, but hell - I'd gladly dive in and make that process my learning impetus.

The same goes for artwork of each character. Would it be possible to send the artwork straight to Disney, and ask that they forward it to the Voice Actors themselves? 'Here, we love Bruce Boxleitner, Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, and more! You send to to them for us, because we can't reach them directly easily. See all this admiration being set at your doorstep?'

In the end, though it's just a little dream (or maybe a not-so-little dream), I'd sooner be able to create a full-sized painting of Tron, staring forward at the watcher. It'd demand at least a 7-foot canvas (I have access to a roll of canvas; hell, there's a whole roll sitting in my room), and a sturdy frame (I have a staple gun, and I'd need some canvas nippers, and frame hardware)... Personally, I think it'd be great to depict his (7-foot? Taller?) figure glaring intently, with a force embodying the ire (and hope) of thousands (if not more) of fans.

I've had a few ideas for inspirational, comic-like sketches for use on Tumblr and other social media sites. Speaking of which, I see a lot of yearning and comments on Youtube for more action in saving Uprising. We should get to that, too.

Mayorcan
User

on Saturday, March, 02, 2013 5:34 PM
OK, meme aside, you might want to change that font in the letter to something other than Comic Sans. No one takes anything written in Comic Sans font seriously, and we don't want to look like a bunch of kids (unless most of you are kids?).

Other than that, it is good to see you guys and gals making serious progress on this campaign. I hope it draws some response from Disney.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, March, 02, 2013 7:08 PM
Mayorcan Wrote:OK, meme aside, you might want to change that font in the letter to something other than Comic Sans. No one takes anything written in Comic Sans font seriously, and we don't want to look like a bunch of kids (unless most of you are kids?).

Other than that, it is good to see you guys and gals making serious progress on this campaign. I hope it draws some response from Disney.

Hmm, you have a point, although I do send a handwritten copy along with the typed one. Might send the next one in a different font. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Letters to Disney(real letters on actual paper) about Tron Uprising