The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 Pages
bluelantern714
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Thursday, April, 04, 2013 9:04 PM
We're up for voting on smgo.tv!

"All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible."--Dumont

Go to smgo.tv and vote for Tron: Uprising. Only 1,774 to go! Show them Tron Lives!

Daft Tron
User

on Friday, April, 05, 2013 3:50 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:True, but that does beg the question of what would have a better impact and ease of handling or reference - more for presentation.

A handbound, old-style book would seem much more nifty, rather than just a box. It would reflect a somewhat more formal basis, plus be a handcrafted work - as opposed to, say, some store-purchased 'photo journal' type of matter. My other worry over a box is that it could be potentially easily disorganized - that is, if other fans want to look through the photos of journeys and notes from other Programs.

The end-impact and product was my thought... Though we don't know what will ultimately come of it once it's shipped to Disney. I wonder...? But, if it's unique and thoughtful enough an item, perhaps it might find it's way into the right hands.

If I am to bind three books (I have a side and a half of thinner vegetable-tanned leather, perfect for such books, along with plenty of thinner, lighter particle board), I was thinking of three design types. While lighter shades generally aren't possible, a black outer basis with certain circuit-shades might be good. Blue-black, Red-black, and Yellow-black seem to be the main circuit types in Tron: Uprising so far. I could include a small buckle-closure with each, to help keep everything safe. That figure-containment pocket might be an interesting problem.

Of the figures: should we have them laminated (though that might cause some figure glare)? Do we have some good cartoonists among us? Are there any ideas for their pose and characterization or style overall? (More fun, serious? Held-figures, or standalone ones?)

Other than misadventures of other individuals to be listed on these pages of this project of yours, what is the True purpose of this leather Scrapbook of memories for you & all to reminisce about? I'm curious. Are you trying to use this to fuel this movement you speak of despite one already MIA since the threads inception within the last several pages? Are you going to face book the shenanigans that may occur should this fail & post it for all to see this journey you speak of? Or are you going to consolidate everything & send it off to disney & state, this is how much this community cares about this show, please reconsider while they take it with a grain of salt & think to themselves, hrrm, interesting yet not not quite what we expected from fans though this is not garnering enough attention to propose another season.

I bring this up as a reality check. Essentially it's like me asking Please release the wonder years on blue ray with the original music intact despite the licensing issues which quite frankly is never bound to happen unless you taped the original airings then transferred it to dvd & edited the commercials though some claim the masters are available from canada (Supposedly)

Sorry I don't intend to be the bearer of such news but rather the true reasoning/meaning behind it. though I'm certain to receive a colloquialism regarding this matter & possibly a rant or two. I'm simply being patient on what Joe Kosinski has to say about the upcoming pending draft to determine what's in store for the upcoming film. I'm still guessing if it's greenlit, 2015. The way I see it, Patience is a virtue & I'm grateful for having such trait.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, April, 05, 2013 7:22 AM
Greetings, DaftTron.

... Daft, I do not see why there is a 'reality check' required. Patience and gentle reason would easily answer the questions you stated. I will give you my views first, but I would respectfully like to address the slant of your ... Effluent wording in the second division of this message. Although you've expressed that you 'Expect a rant or two' in response, you've left plenty of matter to be addressed, and I hope you would not view this response derisively as a 'rant.'

My reasons for these projects of mine are a peaceful, hopeful making. What I create, I do at my own pace, as much as I can. I have bills to pay, long days at work, worries of life, and general weariness and distraction, much as anyone else. I do not intend to stress myself over something (such as the restoration of Tron: Uprising) which is well beyond my control. I choose to invest peacefully, and in good mind; it is only suitable for an object meant to be entrusted to others.

I do this as an act of trust and fellowship among fans, a chance to share and invest our regards in a symbolic, collective object (or set thereof). What will matter to us years and decades past now are the memories and times that we, as fans, have shared and created.

I am well aware of many of the risks and practical difficulties of such a project as these books. I accept that they may be subject to damage or loss, deliberate or not. I am fine with this, and I would still gladly invest my time and humble skill, regardless.

What becomes of these books once they are in the hands of Disney is not ours to control; at best, perhaps they might stand as a gesture of solidarity, serve as a minute cross-section of the standing to which we hold the Tron intellectual property as a whole, or of the values which have garnered our respect towards Tron: Uprising. Perhaps it might end up given to various people who had participated in the creation of Tron: Uprising, as a memoir. Clearly, these are just humble, practical creations, but I trust that they may one day find their way into curious or sentimental hands.

Now, as you to your statements... Foremost, I hope that your post was meant in a different light than I am interpreting it. Perhaps if others here could provide some insight into their own manner of interpreting your personality or nature or habit of providing your regards, I would be grateful.

You virtually open on a note of 'misadventures' and tilt that towards your fellow Forum-goers. You then start asking for 'True Purposes' as if there were some hidden track of intent which I possess. What follows is some caustic conjecture, hinting at how mislead you believe myself and others are?

Your... Parallel offered in your second paragraph seems rather out of place. I don't see it's immediate relevance, aside from as a form of scathing juxtaposition.

Lastly, you go on to say defensively that you expect colloquialisms and a rant, and then proceed to your thoughts of waiting for news on Tron 3, all the while lauding your gratefulness at possessing the virtue of patience.

... You are puzzling, and negative, Daft.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, April, 05, 2013 11:10 AM
I have to agree with LucrataNexarii on this one, and add a note of my own:

Daft Tron,

Most of us are quite aware of the possible futility of our attempts to contact Disney and persuade them to renew Uprising. Guess what? We're going to keep at it anyway. Why are you so set against us? We aren't hurting anyone. We are simply vocalizing our loyalty to a wonderful show that was canceled too soon. Even if our efforts result in a failure to get the show renewed, I at least am having a lot fun doing this. I suspect most of the other participants are having fun as well.

Also, I must ask, what does TR3N have to do with this? We are talking about Uprising in particular here, not TR3N. As for your questions about 'true purposes', I would have though our purpose was fairly obvious. Why do you insist that Disney(or anyone else, for that matter) would be so suspicious that we have a hidden agenda? You have to admit, it's a rather absurd idea.

As for your comment on The Wonder Years, they may yet release that on Blu-Ray if enough people were to ask about it. They released a DVD box set of the Shirley Temple movies, after all. You can get the pilot episode of TWY on Amazon.com instant video already, see: click here.

In conclusion, I'm sorry you have such a negative opinion on Uprising, Daft Tron, but please stop maligning the efforts that the rest of us are putting into this project. It's very rude.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

J
User

on Friday, April, 05, 2013 3:52 PM
Probably futile, yes. But it wouldn't be the first fandom I've made a stab at save our show, and likely not to be the last. I even mailed an old TV to FOX with a sign that said "season 2 or bust" on it for Lone Gunmen. (Yes, there are pictures!)

More often than not, it doesn't work, but think Firefly. 14 episodes before it was rather unceremoniously screwed by FOX, and the Browncoats are still cheerfully going strong. It got them the Big Damn Movie, which aside from Joss's little "leaf on the wind" dick move (Seriously, can that man tie his shoes without killing off the nicest guys in the cast?), did a great job.

Sometimes, it succeeds in an odd way. Galaxy Rangers is a small, low-key fandom like this one, and after 20 freaking years and several production companies, we finally got DVDs and a possible comic book reboot (steampunk's popularity is causing folks to take a look at old space westerns that aren't Firefly).

It's like any activism. You go in knowing it's not likely do do anything, but in the process, you might end up hooking others, and they start writing, or hooking their friends on the idea. Might just pan out to something in the end.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Daft Tron
User

on Friday, April, 05, 2013 3:55 PM
Whoa there to both you & shadowspark I meant no harm in what i wrote though I did expect for you to reply in such manner hence my reference to colloquial. With this in mind, i was referring to another member here whom seems to be MIA, nothing more.

The message I am trying to imply is essentially, if after your hard work & determination should you decide to send this off to Disney as a memento & you do not receive it back or they decide to simply archive & place in a vault of sorts to never be seen again despite you having archived the various events nameless members may have underwent, how would you feel? Sure i'd say Accomplished but would you also feel a bit left out?

My messages intent was to be a bit perplexing yet not hurtful in way thus you questioning why i wrote such things. Though I know it's for naught on your behalf neither others such as shadowspark as well, I just hope the fact of the matter is that some people might get frustrated. Now i say this in reference to the site were it's currently being voted on, As of now, it seems ridiculous in comparison to the other shows yet, others feel more intrigued about those than uprising for some apparent reason (which I'm baffled about)

Lastly I'm for it & appreciative that you're outdoing yourself in this matter that hopefully Disney can recognize.

As for my Tron 3 mention, my reasoning for that is simply in part of facts that are currently out, nothing more. Additionally as for uprising, there has yet to be a full disclosure of the show being cancelled Which is why I brought up patience. I've linked other threads regarding the show airings in various parts of the world via wikipedia however haven't checked recently as to whether Japan was the last country to be viewing the show but I would think that considering what they had asked prior (disney) regarding viewers, maybe they will see this as a Whole & reconvene at a latter time to ultimately determine the show's fate.

That is all.

IZI
User

on Saturday, April, 06, 2013 11:04 AM
Daft Tron Wrote:Whoa there to both you & shadowspark I meant no harm in what i wrote though I did expect for you to reply in such manner hence my reference to colloquial. With this in mind, i was referring to another member here whom seems to be MIA, nothing more.

The message I am trying to imply is essentially, if after your hard work & determination should you decide to send this off to Disney as a memento & you do not receive it back or they decide to simply archive & place in a vault of sorts to never be seen again despite you having archived the various events nameless members may have underwent, how would you feel? Sure i' d say Accomplished but would you also feel a bit left out?

Greetings! Can´t help to wonder if you are referring to me? I have been busy with the project, so i have not had time to check the forum for a while. An update from my part is surely in place!

Anyways, since i am also a part of the project (the books contain paper-dolls that i am making) i´ll answer your question from my point of view.
I have had many concerns regarding all those facts. Whether the book will travel safely or wether disney will pay any kind of attention to it at all. What i at least hope to achieve is a chance for them to see what we have done. I am very prepared for any bad consequences, or no reactions at all. I dont even expect to get the book back once its sent. The pictures in the book will (hopefully) be uploaded on the internet, so even if the books dont come back, the pictures might still make an impact on people.

This is a risky move, sending the book to a possible dead end, but its a risk i am prepared to take. I have had very fun regarding this project so far, so i would not feel left out. Hopefully Lucrata can also give you an answer to what you are questioning here.

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, May, 03, 2013 2:13 AM
I've been at work on these books.

One cover is fully tooled, thankfully with minimal errors or flaws; the rest has yet to be created and shared as a computer graphic. I am assuming I will have to create another thread for it here, likely in the same title format as IZI's book, 'Tron's Book of the Uprising.' (It sounds too epic and holy for the likes of me to go anywhere near it. ) I will share the cover's graphic there for review. It will be largely the same as that of the Book of Beck.

I have yet to dye and paint the covers, and have them laced so as to become the cover proper. Beck's book will go off to IZI posthaste. After that, I'll have to work on some posterboard figures for my own book. I see that IZI was already having some fun with photography of her own of Beck. Any sketches for my own, I'll submit for review or choice/voting on them in the book's respective thread.

I also have a mild presence on DeviantArt, and some contact with the Tron-Lives Group.
I have some Journal entries I wish to make there with respect to what individuals can do to help. I already made a submission earlier on, here.

I thought this also might make the best place for a following image I'd ask my fellow Forum-goers' opinions on.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, May, 03, 2013 11:28 PM
I'm not sure I like that one as much as the other. The bottom of the front part seems kind of squished. I'd take off the bottom circles and those two vertical lines.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, May, 04, 2013 2:15 AM
Yes, I knew it wouldn't be as easy to settle on a certain design for Tron's pattern. While Beck's is far more linear, simplistic, and easily taken as being a 'whole segment,' finding which exact points (or circles and lines) are best/intuitively taken as Tron's primarily torso-marks is not so direct.

I'll provide some updated images - likely in the format A, B, and C - via Twitter. I'm intent on seeing what the common consensus is.

As a note, I intend for the front of the book to contain only the 'T' emblem; the back of each book will feature some form of design based on individual characters. I joke one day that I might also do a Bit on the back of one. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

obibyn
User

on Monday, May, 06, 2013 2:30 PM
I remember there being talk of projecting Tron Lives etc on buildings in this thread. Saw this Portable projector and thought it might be useful.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008X1BV2Y/ref=tsm_1_fb_s_amzn_mmdw2zorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, May, 06, 2013 9:14 PM
Thank you, Obibyn.

I've taken a try at making some graphics for slides for that project, but thus far no success. I've a few techniques I want to try, also. But, I've been working on other projects (also Uprising related), so any attempts at the graphics are mostly sporadic.

I've also been eyeing the Lumens of various brands of handheld lights, along with their casting range. Most extend to about 320 feet. I am not certain about their light-cone, offhand. That would make them relatively close-range casting devices.

I've found a few online places that could work easily with creating 16mm slides, and possibly larger ones. The greatest obstacle is having a proper mount and way of securing the slides for display; a torch/flashlight is just a lightsource.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

bluelantern714
User

on Tuesday, May, 07, 2013 6:07 PM
Okay, so this is a repost from another thread:
There has been talk around the boards about starting a more widespread organized campaign to help draw more attention to the current plight of TRON: Uprising. I'm not sure if multi-media is the best way to put it, but reaching as much of the fan-base as possible in as many ways as possible is instrumental in making sure our voices are heard. I figure it's probably time to really get down to business with this, so hopefully this thread will be a starting point/brainstorming thread for how best to accomplish this.
So far, these are the ideas that seem to be forming and/or already being put into action in some form:
Letter Writing--Obviously, this has been there from day one. Pretty self-explanatory. Handwritten to Disney/Bob Iger.
Twitter--In the past, this has been a successful outlet, in combination with other avenues, for fans to reach out to the networks/companies that have cancelled their favorite programs. It would be best to do this on Staurdays, in conjunction with similar movements for other cancelled series. This endeavor would include a universal hashtag, individual weekly hashtags, and a time slot.
Tumblr/Webpage--This would be a central place for all fans to go for information, such as savetheclonewars.com.
Deviantart--There is a dedicated collection of Uprising fans that are artists, and create fanart based on the show to upload on deviantart.com. Perhaps a good way to show the love for the series would be to send those works to Disney via snail mail?

Comments, questions, concerns, ideas?

Also, despite WB saying no to SMGO for funding Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, the site decided to go forward with funding for YJ anyway. They did this because the reason for WB's no was because they thought the goal was unattainable. I noticed that since funding began, there has been a spike in votes for Uprising. People making accounts for YJ seem to think we deserve a chance too.

I also wanted to mention that this 'Beck's Book' thing is very impressive. It really demonstrates the passion of TRON fans. I would contribute, but I am very possibly the worst artist to ever live.

"All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible."--Dumont

Go to smgo.tv and vote for Tron: Uprising. Only 1,774 to go! Show them Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, May, 08, 2013 7:15 AM
I would hardly worry, BlueLantern. This project as a whole is meant to be quite informal and relaxed, open to many sides of interpretation or intent.

It's primary purpose is meant in support and awareness of Tron: Uprising and it's continuation - but it's actual purpose, in my eyes, is to become a vessel for the enthusiasm and goodness which any fan sees in the TRON material.

The idea began more as a way to gather and safely transfer posterboard figures of various Tron: Uprising characters, so they could be photographed along various locations across as far as the book ventures. It's not an obligation. Moreover, I am not the best artist, myself. I certainly don't have the cartooning/stylization touch; I consider myself a helpless/hapless realist... Not exactly the most apt one to be able to adapt to Uprising's style.

If you just want to write your thoughts in the book, go right ahead. Photographs? Paste/glue them in. If you wished to add your own characters along for the ride, send them right along. Artwork: put it in as your contribution.

I was going to make up a draft of (at least) a basic pamphlet for general mention of the books' purpose, informal nature, basic rules as to conduct (such as English being the common language, and keeping things civil), and safety and care of the book and it's figures, and who to contact once the book is received, and the process of notification of it's next recipient. It would also contain information in case of damage.

The end person whom these books find their way to is unknown at the time. The original aim was to throw the book at Disney via the mail, but if the community is able to find a suitable set of hands for it to land in, all the better. These two books are just a pilot test, but if there is more interest or involvement, I'd gladly bind more.

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign