Other Sectors 
 Computer Tech Updates

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowSpark
User

Computer Tech Updates

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 2:01 AM
What's the latest physical/hardware update for your computer?

Apparently, due to a cosmic ray or something(the remnent of some far off gamma ray burst hit my computer), I've got a faulty memory chip somewhere, and I have to replace my RAM, so I'm going to upgrade things while I'm at it. Soon it will have 4GB of RAM. Hopefully, things will run better(and the programs who live in my computer will have more room to maneuver and won't feel so cramped).

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

MCPcomputer
User

RE: Computer Tech Updates

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 8:15 PM

That's awesome yes upgrade...

the programs will be much more happier once you upgrade!!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 9:00 PM
MCPcomputer Wrote:
That's awesome yes upgrade...

the programs will be much more happier once you upgrade!!

I hope so. The RAM has been ordered, now I just have to wait for it to get here.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Rectify
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 11:16 PM
Oooh, I love hardware. I just built this one last October, added a hard drive in November, and now it needs discreet graphics for next month's game releases. Some new programs on the grid soon! on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Sunday, February, 24, 2013 2:33 AM
Upgrade. Ha ha ha. My programs all hate me.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 24, 2013 3:29 PM
I think I need to upgrade my software....my programs aren't too happy right now, but....

Kat Wrote:Upgrade. Ha ha ha. My programs all hate me.

How come?

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

KingJ.exe
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 1:02 PM
I threw some extra ram into my Laptop a while back. I now boast 8 Gigs, which is pretty nice. Next Goal: BUILD MY OWN COMPUTER!

Anybody know how hard it is to build a laptop?

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 1:07 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:I threw some extra ram into my Laptop a while back. I now boast 8 Gigs, which is pretty nice. Next Goal: BUILD MY OWN COMPUTER!

Anybody know how hard it is to build a laptop?
Haven't got a clue(or a Clu, as the case may be), but my Dad's built a couple of computers. Of course, that was before computer screens had real graphics, but still.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

Kat
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 8:07 PM
DawnStar Wrote:

How come?

'Cause this machine's older than shit and desperately needs an OS reinstall and a browser update (which I can't get to work, dammit).

J, I've never tried building a laptop. Guess I never thought of doing laptop vs. desktop; most people seem to do the latter. Depends on how cheap and easily you can get the parts, I guess. Thing to do a few years back, I think, was just get a cheap Alienware machine and throw whatever OS you want on it (generally Linux), but I'm not sure I know anyone who's built a laptop from scratch.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

DawnStar
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 8:14 PM
Kat Wrote:
DawnStar Wrote:

How come?

'Cause this machine's older than shit and desperately needs an OS reinstall and a browser update (which I can't get to work, dammit).

J, I've never tried building a laptop. Guess I never thought of doing laptop vs. desktop; most people seem to do the latter. Depends on how cheap and easily you can get the parts, I guess. Thing to do a few years back, I think, was just get a cheap Alienware machine and throw whatever OS you want on it (generally Linux), but I'm not sure I know anyone who's built a laptop from scratch.

My older brother built his own computer in 2 days. From what I heard, it's a desktop computer.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

Daft Tron
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 10:19 PM
Kat Wrote:
DawnStar Wrote:

How come?

J, I've never tried building a laptop. Guess I never thought of doing laptop vs. desktop; most people seem to do the latter. Depends on how cheap and easily you can get the parts, I guess. Thing to do a few years back, I think, was just get a cheap Alienware machine and throw whatever OS you want on it (generally Linux), but I'm not sure I know anyone who's built a laptop from scratch.

I don't see why you hassle with such a dinosaur. You're like my sister, despite your situation with this browser nonsense, you persist. Get yourself a barebones kit from tigerdriect.com

as for #2, good luck with that. I have yet to see the day a regular consumer can purchase parts in store to build themselves a laptop; it's not possible thus the reasoning for not being an option other than

a) in store kiosks that allow you to do so when buying a laptop from them however, the specs you choose simply go to the manufacturer to build, not an individual

b) unless you buy a shell from leftover parts at swap meets, thrift stores or ebay then it's feasible however you're dealing with used parts.

c) see b but add in the fact that if you know someone that works as a tech at a retail store, you Might be able to purchase the parts direct but, don't expect cheap prices as it's essentially not cost effective.

d) use your taxes & buy yourself a new computer; they're affordable now
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 11:17 PM
Daft Tron Wrote:
Kat Wrote:
DawnStar Wrote:

How come?

I don't see why you hassle with such a dinosaur. You're like my sister, despite your situation with this browser nonsense, you persist. Get yourself a barebones kit from tigerdriect.com

as for #2, good luck with that. I have yet to see the day a regular consumer can purchase parts in store to build themselves a laptop; it's not possible thus the reasoning for not being an option other than

a) in store kiosks that allow you to do so when buying a laptop from them however, the specs you choose simply go to the manufacturer to build, not an individual

b) unless you buy a shell from leftover parts at swap meets, thrift stores or ebay then it's feasible however you're dealing with used parts.

c) see b but add in the fact that if you know someone that works as a tech at a retail store, you Might be able to purchase the parts direct but, don't expect cheap prices as it's essentially not cost effective.

d) use your taxes & buy yourself a new computer; they're affordable now

After the OS reinstall, mine will be fine. I'm just waiting to do it until I see my former partner for extra help. It's a bit buggy at the moment, 'tis true, but all will be well once I get something newer on here.

My tax return will go into the savings, probably to supplement my income while I'm being furloughed this year, and to build it back up after I had to spend probably close to a thousand dollars for doctors for my kitty (and I haven't even done yet) and after a move several months ago, and for repairs I ought to be doing to my car, and for in future when I will once again need to financially assist my on-disability mum. Any extra I can spare will be for weekend trips to visit people important to me. The only way I'll possibly be buying a new computer any time in the future is if this one literally conks out and can't be repaired. And I really hope that doesn't happen any time soon.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Computer Tech Updates