Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 What if the sequel has already been shot and is in th ecan?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

on Friday, March, 29, 2013 6:46 PM
When many Hollywood movies are shot, they shoot enough material to make at least three different movies with as many-if not more-different endings. Some,of course, are not, and stay close only to the original script and storyboards. But much of the time, they shoot way more footage and way more scenes than we'll ever see even in the "deleted scenes" on the extra features on any DVD. They can often make whole different movies out of all that footage they shoot. I had a friend involved in the movie industry which shot a feature film in the small Texas town where I lived once. He said they shot entire 1,000 person parades, blew up cars, staged expensive, elaborate stunts and did all kinds of other production-heavy things that ended up on the cutting room floor, things he was sure they would use for the movie.

Okay so you see where I'm going with this.......what if a sequel for T:L was shot alongside and during the shooting for T:L? They could have worked in the principal shooting for a sequel pretty easily. Why not? They already had everyone right there and everything set up. Plus they had to have known that by the time a sequel came out, Hedlund and Wilde would be even more popular and well known to the public, so why not hold back a sequel until they were? That way they could also probably get away with paying them less and cash in on their future star power.

The only thing I can offer to support my theory is that T:L had so few extra features in the DVD/BR releases. Maybe to have shown way more behind-the-secenes stuff wold have revealed things they were going to put in a then-being-made sequel. New vehicles, for instance. You have to admit the extra features for such a sweeping movie were ridiculously scant. Maybe there was something they were covering up?

Just theory, fellow programs.

Kat
User

RE: What if the sequel has already been shot and is in th ecan?

on Saturday, March, 30, 2013 12:06 AM
With the way they're talking about a third movie, this is probably not the case, but that doesn't mean they might not take some of the footage and use it-- either as flashbacks, or as bona-fide plot piece. Would be interesting.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Honda Enoch
User

RE: What if the sequel has already been shot and is in th ecan?

on Saturday, March, 30, 2013 1:16 AM
They have done this with several movies. Pirates 2 and 3 were shot at the same time, Back to the future 2 & 3 were also.

But I agree, I don't think this is the case with T:L.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

My other ride is a Light Cycle.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY